Distrito de Évora Travel Answers

change location

Going out of Evora to Spain

by sus99 Online Now Jun 29, 2005 at 5:21 AM

Hi, All,

Could you let me know how I can go from Evora to Merida or Caceres?

I know of 4 busses Rede Expressos on Sunday from Evora to Elvas (00:15, 13:45, 17:00, 21:05). Is there another operator with departures between 9:00 and 13:00 How can I go further to Merida and Caceres?

Is there another way (not via Elvas)?

Thanks

Sus

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • 2Nina's Profile Photo

RE: Going out of Evora to Spain

by 2Nina Online Now Jun 29, 2005 at 7:09 AM

There is an excellent bus station in Badajoz, which will have buses to Merida and Caceres. If I'm not mistaken, I saw a bus for El Corte Ingles supermarket leaving Elvas - I am not sure if that is a free service or not, but I don't see why you couldn't get on that, and then walk from El Corte Ingles to the bus stop, which would be about 15mins. The tourist info in Elvas would give you that info, but everything is closed on a sunday :-(
    I don't however, think anything like that runs from Elvas on a Sunday - it's a pretty dead town. There is probably a tour agency in Evora, and a private bus company that will have a service to Badajoz. If you aim for there, and the bus station there, then you'll have much better access to the rest of spain. In rural Portugal transport and local services are very reduced on Sundays.
    Hope to have helped!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Distrito de Évora Travel Answer Locations