Travel Answers
Distrito de Coimbra

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Anyone time free tomorrow (tuesday afternoon/evening) in Lisbon?

Lisbon Dec 15, 2014 at 7:07 AM

Hi, I'm visiting Lisbon tomorrow, is there anyone who wants to show me around a bit? Not looking for a touristic tour or anything, just to visit some nice places and nice people and have a bite and some drinks :)

I have a car available and will stay in the Lost Inn Hostel. I'm very passionate about cooking and restaurants so if you feel like going out for a nice dinner I would totally be up for that. I can't afford to pay for everything but a couple of drinks will definitely be on me! I'll be there around 17:00/18:00 local time :)

About myself: 28, Netherlands, working man, visiting a friend near Faro for a couple of days.

Let me know if you feel like it!

more
    • Liquor tasting near Arcos do Cachorro

Ilha do Pico Dec 5, 2014 at 4:23 PM

I went to a liquor tasting near the Arcos do Cachorro where there were very sweet/strong samples of locally made liquor. I forget the name of the place, wondering if anyone could help?

more
    • Restaurant suggestions in/near Ponta Delgado?

Ponta Delgada Dec 18, 2014 at 7:16 AM

Do you know the name of the restaurant? Where it's located? We are staying 6 nights in Ponta Delgada and doing the usual tours to Fire Lake, Sete Cidades and Furnas....all with a local tour guide. We hope to visit the tea plantation, as well. We are staying at an apartment hotel on the waterfront near the Marina Atlantico....(Solmar Alojamentos) and would love to know which restaurants we might try when we are eating near the hotel or in the old part of town. Any ideas?

more
    • Place to Store Luggage ?

Aveiro Dec 10, 2014 at 1:44 PM

Hi All...I would be Travelling to Portugal Post christmas and would like to know if there is any option to keep luggage in Aveiro for half day so that i can head back to Lisbon. Its bit to explore the city along with the bags.

Any help is much appreciated.

ManyThanks,
      Sadha

more
    • Taxis outside the railwat station in Vila Real San Antonio.

Vila Real de Santo António Dec 8, 2014 at 3:30 PM

I will be arriving at VRSA Railway station next Monday afternoon and will need a taxi to Hotel Apolo.
      Do taxis wait outside the station when the trains from Faro arrive?

more
    • Traveling alone

Lisbon Dec 10, 2014 at 3:33 PM

I am a black female looking to travel to Lisbon alone. Would you say it is safe for me to do so??

more
    • Salamanca to Porto

Portugal Dec 15, 2014 at 9:09 AM

I've been researching the train and bus options to get from Salamanca to Porto. It seems that the train requires a transfer and the bus (ALSA) only has one departure a day. Any other options to get from one city to the other?
      Thank you.

more
    • Information required for this city

Lisbon Dec 4, 2014 at 9:11 AM

I last visited Lisbon over 30 years ago so it would have changed dramatically.
      1. I would like to get from the airport to a hotel in Lisbon city centre by train or bus. Which one do you recommend and what are the costs?
      2. I am looking for a decent three star hotel, comfortable but as we will be out and about all the time a clean hotel for sleeping. Can you recommend a reasonably priced one that enable my wife and I to get around.
      3. I have heard that the areas across the Tagus are dirty and rundown as well as the ferries. Is this the case or not? I remember going across the river and eating at some very nice restaurants. Is it recommended to visit this area or not?
      4. I am taking the overnight train from Lisbon to Madrid. How far is the main train station from the city centre?
      5. When is the best time to book this train and what are the costs of tickets? We will be visiting Lisbon inlate September 2015.

more
    • Gents Outfitters

Coimbra Jul 18, 2014 at 3:20 AM

My husband bought a Panama hat in a gents shop on the main road, right hand side as you are walking up to the Cathedral. Anyone know what it's called. The hat has been lost and I want to buy another one.

• how to get there

Candosa Jul 13, 2014 at 4:20 PM

what is the least expensive way from Lisbon to candosa?

1 Answer Jul 14, 2014 at 2:15 AM
    • How to get from Coimbra to Bucaco Forest?

Coimbra Aug 29, 2013 at 4:19 AM

I'd like to walk in Bucaco Forest while staying in Coimbra for a couple of days. Is there any other way to get to the park except taxi? A bus would be great, any information? And if not, how much, do you reckon, the taxi will cost?

5 Answers Aug 30, 2013 at 1:51 AM
    • Moises Transportes timetable

Coimbra Jun 3, 2013 at 2:52 PM

I noticed on the site moises-transportes.pt/index.... that there are buses from Coimbra to Sandelgas. However, I could not find the departure times, or how long the trip is, or where to take the bus in Coimbra. Anyone knows how to get the timetables?

2 Answers Jun 4, 2013 at 1:56 AM
    • Coimbra B

Coimbra Jun 2, 2013 at 6:12 AM

Are there any hotels near Coimbra B station? i.e. easy walking distance

2 Answers Jun 3, 2013 at 2:12 PM
    • mediamind's Profile Photo

visit on Good Friday

Coimbra Mar 16, 2013 at 7:39 PM

Hello,
      We are planning to visit Coimbra for a day on Good Friday (29th of March). Will the Old University and other attractions be open? Should we expect anything special due to this holiday? (More crowd or less crowd or closures because of ceremonies, etc.)
      Sorry for my ignorance, but this is not observed in Hungary (only Easter Monday), therefore I am not sure what to expect.
      Thanks in advance

4 Answers Mar 19, 2013 at 11:23 AM
    • SMTUC pre-purchased passes

Coimbra Aug 24, 2012 at 3:40 PM

Do the SMTUC pre-purchased passes (SMTUC billhetes precomprados)are sold in or near the Coimbra bus station (Rodoviaria)? Thank you.

1 Answer Aug 25, 2012 at 1:03 AM
    • Service for luggage and train tickets

Coimbra Jun 18, 2012 at 5:03 AM

Can you help me to find out if in Coimbra or Coimbra B stations are available services for leaving luggage for some hours whilest you visist the city?
      I would need also to know if train tickets allow you to make stops on your route. For example I come from Porto and go to Lisbon. Can I make a stop in Coimbra and take a later train to continue my trip or I can only by separate tickets from Porto to Coimbra and from Coimbra to Porto. Do the tickets have inscribed on them the number of the train so that they are valid only on that specific train number?

10 Answers Jun 19, 2012 at 4:10 AM
    • Milly660's Profile Photo

What is there to do ?

Praia de Mira Feb 13, 2012 at 8:22 AM

I AM TAKING MY 7YR OLD SON TO HOTEL QUINTA DA lAGOA FOR A FEW DAYS ON THE RUN UP TO EASTER DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THERE IS ANYTHING GOING ON AROUND THIS TIME OF YEAR ?

2 Answers Mar 25, 2012 at 8:15 AM
    • transportation from Lisboa to mortagua area of coimbra

Coimbra Jan 17, 2011 at 9:25 AM

Hello outthere. I'll need an advice regarding transportation for my 2 boys, who are going to arrive friday 11th og february at 11.10 in Lisboa airport going to Aguieira. A taxi costs 265 Euro. I gather it will be cheaper to take train to Coimbra and a taxi from there? Best regards Lone, Denmark

4 Answers Jan 17, 2011 at 5:38 PM
    • renting a property around coimbra

Coimbra Oct 17, 2010 at 8:28 AM

hello,
      can anybody help me to source temporary accomodation around Coimbra from november 2010, i am looking for either an old farm house or finca type of place or maybe a bit of land i can put a yurt up on, i need this for a few months whilst i look for land to buy, im not really fussy about the condition of the place, anything will be considered, thanks.
      Eon

• Driving to Piadoa

Piódão Oct 15, 2010 at 5:14 PM

In May 2011, my wife and I (who live in Canada) will be visiting Portugal for the first time. We plan rent a car and spend a montht travelling throughout the country. We would like to visit Piadao but are concerned about road conditions getting to the village. How dangerous is the road?

3 Answers Nov 4, 2010 at 5:29 AM
    • Baiso's Profile Photo

How to get from Porto airport to Coimbra?

Coimbra Oct 8, 2010 at 7:34 AM

Good day to all,
      I need your advice. on 13 th of November at 19.00 i will arrive in Poto airport...Can you advice how to get to Coimbra the same evening? Need your help :) thanks a lot.
      B.G

2 Answers Oct 8, 2010 at 9:31 AM
    • Pitxu's Profile Photo

Coimbra University

Coimbra Oct 5, 2010 at 2:31 AM

We would like to know how much time is neccessary to visit the university with the ticket including Library, Capel, Prison, etc.?

Thank you

2 Answers Oct 5, 2010 at 6:20 AM
    • Free parking at Coimbra

Distrito de Coimbra Oct 1, 2010 at 12:00 PM

Hello!

We would like to know where we can find free parking at Coimbra to spend a day. Is it safe to leave the car out?

Thanks

• Visiting Coimbra and its region

Distrito de Coimbra Jul 14, 2010 at 1:47 AM

I will be visiting Coimbra and Central Portugal starting next week, till the end of July. Does anyone has any hint about the area, in terms of places of interests?

Thanks a lot!

Franco

• 9tigers's Profile Photo

any food market in coimbra

Coimbra Mar 21, 2010 at 1:02 PM

I will visit during one of the week in oct but after oct 15th.
      like open stall markets or covered market that sale food, veggy and fruits...

ty

2 Answers Mar 21, 2010 at 5:11 PM
    • 9tigers's Profile Photo

having visited cambridge and Oxford, do I still need to visit coimbra?

Coimbra Mar 20, 2010 at 11:23 AM

it is just a university town correct? also if I go during mid october which is still school term, do most school close for public visit?

ty

7 Answers Mar 27, 2010 at 9:06 AM
    • myriam_c's Profile Photo

How much time to allow for the Coimbra area?

Distrito de Coimbra Jan 24, 2010 at 11:15 AM

We will be touring the north of Portugal (Porto and the Douro Valley, Coimbra area and Lisbon) at the end of September / early October.
      How many days would we need to explore the Coimbra area? We will have a car.

3 Answers Jan 25, 2010 at 5:29 AM
    • Buses from Porto to Coimbra

Coimbra Oct 19, 2009 at 6:08 AM

I am travelling in to Porto airport from Birmingham this friday - my flight arrives at 20-10. Ideally I would like to get to Coimbra that same evening - is this possible by public transport?

2 Answers Oct 19, 2009 at 10:55 AM
    • Berta_5's Profile Photo

Repúblicas

Coimbra Jul 6, 2009 at 5:54 PM

Is any "República" a possible way to live for a foreign student? or is it only available for local people? I'm going to Coimbra next September by an Erasmus and I'm looking places to live there. I read some information about this kind of studiants' accommodation and I'm really interested to know it more. They have some web page or way to contact?

Muito obrigada!

1 Answer Jul 8, 2009 at 9:03 AM
    • Getting to Bussaco from Coimbra?

Coimbra Jun 17, 2009 at 3:41 PM

For our anniversary we are staying the night at the Hotel do Bussaco in Bussaco forest. Can anyone tell me the best way to get from Coimbra-b to Bussaco? We are arriving by train from Lisbon. Also, the next day we want to go to Conimbriga and will need to store our bags in Coimbra. Anyone know if bags can be stored at the bus or train stations? Thanks!

2 Answers Jun 19, 2009 at 7:39 AM
    • ROUTARD's Profile Photo

bus from Pampilhosa to Luso-Buçaco

Distrito de Coimbra Nov 30, 2007 at 4:41 AM

Hello

Saturday 8th December I am arriving by train to Pampilhosa from Irun. I want to take a bus to Luso-Buçaco to visit the forest, the battlefield of Busaco and visit the museum.

The train service is not very good and I am unable to find bus timetables for the area. The link I tried does not work?

Can any locals please tell me times or would it be better to take the bus from Coimbra.

Many Thanks

James

3 Answers Dec 6, 2007 at 4:31 AM
    • freyas_dad's Profile Photo

Tabua

Distrito de Coimbra May 26, 2007 at 10:49 AM

Hi,

I am thinking of coming here for a week in October and would like to know the best way of getting to this area.As i see it i can either fly to Porto or Faro, the problem is i either have a long journey to a UK airport to get to Porto, or a local airport near to my home can get me to Faro. How long would it take to drive from Faro to Tabua, and is the road network of a good standard eg motorway?
      Many thanks

al

1 Answer May 27, 2007 at 11:53 AM
    • TOUR

Coimbra Apr 14, 2007 at 9:38 PM

Hi! Is there any one day guided tour from lisbon to coimbra?
      How much?
      Thanks!

• Luggage storage in Coimbra?

Coimbra Jul 30, 2006 at 2:21 PM

Hi. I'm going to Lisbon next week and on my way to Porto I'd like to stop in Coimbra. Does anyone know if there's a luggage deposit in one of Coimbra's stations (train and bus)?. Thanks. Andrea

1 Answer Aug 3, 2007 at 7:28 PM
    • Go spain from Coimbra

Coimbra Jun 29, 2006 at 4:11 AM

Hi there, I would like to know how to get Salamanca from Coimbra. Maybe the correct forum is Salamanca, but i think people from Coimbra will know it better.

Thank you people,

Nacho

2 Answers Jul 3, 2006 at 6:58 AM
    • How to get to Piódão ?

Piódão Feb 5, 2006 at 8:58 AM

Hello!

I'm going on a holiday to Portugal in June.
      Please tell my if there is any way to get to Piódão with public transport
      (e.g from Coimbra)

Kind Regards
      Robert

• poshliz's Profile Photo

lusitano horses in troia

Troia Jul 4, 2004 at 3:51 PM

does anyone know of a lusitano horse breeder called Infanta da Camara in Troia?

• littlebush's Profile Photo

Nightlife in Coimbra

Coimbra May 27, 2004 at 11:32 AM

Can anyone recommend some good bars/clubs in Coimbra? I am out there for the football, but like to go to a bar/club where i may meet some locals rather than a million english fans! Cheers

2 Answers Jun 7, 2004 at 7:27 PM