Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Popular Distrito Federal Travel Answer Locations

• NormanK's Profile Photo

where to buy gold in caracas

Caracas Dec 14, 2013 at 4:50 AM

Greetings, where can I buy gold from a reputable good dealer in Caracas. I want to buy gold rounds or bullion not coins. Thank you . Norm

• Is it safe to Hike Avila if your a women

Caracas Aug 21, 2013 at 8:10 PM

Question : My Friend says she hikes Avila Mountain on the Weekdays. She says its very close to Downtown Caracas.

She doesnt even take her Cell phone . I think she is Putting herself in Danger .

Comments Please ?

1 Answer Aug 21, 2013 at 8:50 PM
    • HannesP2's Profile Photo

where to gi

Caracas Aug 2, 2013 at 8:31 AM

Where in caracas is thé best and thé safest nightclubs , nr and my buddy are going go caracas for a few Days 29:th november and Rhen ro Isla Margarita , and Amazonas,
      We come from Sweden and Finlandes

1 Answer Aug 2, 2013 at 10:26 AM
    • rupturedduck's Profile Photo

econo rental cars for 200 USD per day ! help

Caracas Jul 2, 2013 at 3:16 PM

I just talked to hertz USA, I need a car for two weeks in Venezuela. they told me an economy car cost $196 per day , I cant waive the insurance, and MUST pay in dollars. any suggestions? I traveled every country in the western hemisphere and never heard of such a price. thanks

3 Answers Jul 3, 2013 at 1:11 AM
    • OlexiyS's Profile Photo

San Juan de los Morros

Caracas Jun 10, 2013 at 10:26 PM

Hi! How to get to San Juan de los Morros from Caracas (Airport Simon Bolivar)?

1 Answer Jun 11, 2013 at 3:35 AM
    • Best area to stay in Caracas for dancing:o)

Caracas Mar 23, 2013 at 3:21 AM

Hey everyone,
      My friend and I only have One night in Caracas. And we love to go dancing:o) What area should we stay in? If you have any specific hostel og hotel in mind, please let me know. (Not to pricy;o))
      Kind Regards
      Jens Louis

• Journalist travelling to Caracas in March

Caracas Jan 29, 2013 at 12:04 PM

Hello, I am a journalist for a major media outlet in the US. I have been to Brazil and Mexico in Latin America, and I want to head down to Caracas in March 2013.

I know things are a bit rough there politically right now, but I wonder how safe is it to visit as a foreign journalist? I am a radio journalist, and have a small flash recorder with a microphone. Obviously I will stand out, but I'm wondering how likely am I to get robbed that way? What is a safe way to get a few interviews down there? Is it even possible?

I am reporting on the environment and if possible I'd like to talk about the politics there as well. Am I going to find this impossible? I speak fairly good spanish, but I unfortunately am a blond haired california looking American. I'm considering growing a beard and wearing my hair out. Would it even help to say I am Canadian?

Anyway, I want to see if anybody has any ideas or thoughts on this subject. Thank you!

7 Answers Jun 8, 2013 at 4:15 PM
    • Travel Cartagena to Caracus

Caracas Jan 20, 2013 at 4:52 PM

Hi all,

I am currently in Colombia heading to Cartagena. I need to be in Caracas on Sat 26 Jan so I am there in good time ahead of my flight back to reality on Sun 27th.

I've taken a look on the web re flights. It isn't attractive since I am being quoted near £400 for a flights that aren't direct.

Does anyone have any advice on traveling from Cartagena to Caracas please? I trust it will be too far to do in 1 day and if that is a correct assumption, is there anywhere recommended to break up the journey so I am spend the night asleep in a hotel rather than on a bus?

Any help much appreciated.

10 Answers Jun 22, 2013 at 4:20 PM
    • Caracas

Caracas Apr 11, 2012 at 6:41 AM

Hi all,

Would you please recommend eateries, bars and clubs locals frequent in Caracas?? I d like to get the best out of the culture.

Thank you!!

2 Answers Apr 11, 2012 at 10:46 PM
    • $1000 US DOLLARS

Caracas Aug 6, 2011 at 4:15 PM

What happens when you get caught with more money? Do you really go to jail? Are you kept at the police house? How do you get an attorney? How long does it take to get released? I was just there and luckily I was not searched. I am used to traveling with more money and did not no the law, but saw the signs when I arrived and was scared to death. But now I am safe, not in Caracus any more so I am curious what would have happened. I had no problems, all of the Venezuelan people I dealt with were very nice, helpful, honest, and my experience was good. The customs and immigration officials were respectful and no problem.

So if they had searched me and found3500 US on me would I have been able to buy my way out? I was planning on spending money there. Why is that a crime? It helps the local businesses. Just curious what would have happened and has any one gone to jail for this law?

2 Answers Aug 6, 2011 at 7:22 PM
    • aretenda's Profile Photo

Safety

Caracas Mar 3, 2011 at 6:43 AM

Hello,
      I have never been in South America. I'd be happy to receive feedback about the safety in Caracas, how to spend time best?
      thanks

6 Answers Jun 15, 2011 at 9:20 AM
    • pegica's Profile Photo

airport taxi

Caracas Feb 9, 2011 at 11:36 AM

Hi

Does anybody know how much a black taxi from Caracas airport to Altamira cost?
      Thanks for your help.

2 Answers Apr 14, 2011 at 7:28 AM
    • madjide's Profile Photo

currency

Caracas Jan 21, 2011 at 10:18 AM

we arrive in caracas 23rd jan 2011.Like most people travelling to venezuela the currency question poses a problem.We are being told here in colombia that we need to take dollars and trade on the street, expect to get 8.5 local to the dollar, is this correct ? how easy is it to trade colombian pesos to venezuelan bolivars?

3 Answers Mar 13, 2011 at 9:22 PM
    • arrival info caracas

Caracas Nov 15, 2010 at 1:26 AM

Hi there,

I arrive in Caracas on the 31st December and i need recommendations for a cheap place to stay in a safe place in Caracas. I also need to know how i can get to the city from the aiport. any ideas? I am hesitant to book and pay on the internet.

Please help]

Rita

3 Answers Nov 23, 2010 at 2:09 PM
    • Do you think Peru or Venezuela is a better place to visit ?

Caracas Oct 23, 2010 at 1:30 PM

Hello, I am a 1st time traveler to South America and like Peru, Venezuela, and Columbia.

Which place would you go first? What is your Favorite thing about Venezuela? Peru? Columbia?

Thanks !

10 Answers Nov 29, 2012 at 2:10 PM
    • Spanish Language School

Caracas Sep 6, 2010 at 5:31 PM

Can anyone recommend a Spanish Language School for a beginner? I'd like to study 3-4 weeks. Or would you recommend a different location in Venezuela to study?
      Thanks.

• nagoli's Profile Photo

is there any dangerous for travellers this time because of the bad relationships with colombia??

Caracas Jul 24, 2010 at 12:56 PM

hello everybody,i am travelling in caracas the next week,and i would like to sak if there is something dangerous,because of the contra between chaves and colombia!!i am planning to travel with autobus for colombia and i am worrying if this is a little dangerous because i have heard that army is going to the boarders between the 2 countries..!thank you

2 Answers Jul 24, 2010 at 1:25 PM
    • valencia

Caracas Jul 22, 2010 at 12:33 PM

how much does it cost in a taxi , black car from caracas airport to valencia airport

1 Answer Aug 17, 2010 at 3:12 PM
    • nagoli's Profile Photo

from caracas to bogota with bus..??

Caracas Jul 4, 2010 at 10:52 AM

hello everybody,i will be in caracas in august and i would like to travel in the capital of colombia,bogota.can anyone inform me some good autobuses companies and advice me about this trip(if someone have done it..).i know that will be a bit dificult but its more cheaper,although the dangerous that maybe have..!also,i have heard for colective taxis..is a good idea..??thank you very much..:D

1 Answer Jul 4, 2010 at 11:50 AM
    • Caracas and Margarita

Caracas Mar 18, 2010 at 8:25 AM

I hear of the strong Muslim communities in Caracas, Isla Margarita, and a free zone. Can you tell me the neighborhoods or areas that have most Lebanese and conservative Muslims to visit...and most important the good Middle Eastern eatings. : )

Sorry I make reply to the post in wrong reply area before

3 Answers Apr 11, 2010 at 11:03 AM
    • globaljunkie's Profile Photo

local travel guide and hotel suggestions

Caracas Mar 7, 2010 at 1:49 PM

I will be in Caracus for the last week of April attending a world fencing match near the airport. Does anyone have any suggestions for a local travel guide/driver and a very clean safe hotel?

2 Answers Mar 15, 2010 at 10:04 AM
    • Language and prices

Caracas Mar 1, 2010 at 8:22 AM

Hi fellow (virtual) travellers
      Planning a trip to Venezuela this summer, although neither me or my girlfriend speak Spanish. Is this gonna be a problem for us?
      Since im asking questions already, does anyone have an estimate concerning the budget? Hotel rates and eat-out prices. We are two students travelling and have an approximate budget of 60$ per person a day. Is that reasonable or ridicules if we are planning to travel islands and coast stretch + Caracas for a few days?
      Thx

2 Answers Apr 11, 2010 at 11:24 AM
    • xantylaol's Profile Photo

Caracas & Venezuela Travel Questions

Caracas Feb 7, 2010 at 1:31 PM

Hi!

I'm planing a trip to Venezuela between 25 March - 10 April 2010. I will arrive in Caracas and it's only me travelling. I'm still considering what options I have, but I'm most interested in spending time on the coast or on the ocean.
      I would like to make a boat trip to some of the islands in the Caribic - maybe Trinidad & Tobago, Grenada, St Vincent & Grenadines and Barbados. But going in the other direction to Los Roques, the dutch Antilles, Curacao and Aruba would be nice as well. Can you offer any kind of trip which combines any of these destinations?

I'm also interested in getting tips on Caracas (where to stay, what to do, where to eat, where to go out) and tips on the most interesting inland trips that can be made. I know of most of the big attractions like Angel falls, Orinoco, Jungle Trips, Isla Margharita and so on - but would like to hear about something interesting but not to touristy. I'm ok doing everything from backpacking in the jungle, staying at a spa hotel, driving a couch bus, clubing and eating all the good local food. I love nature, meeting new people, trying the local food and drinks and be able to swim and do sports outdoors.

I hope you have some tips for me. I have been in contact with a few tourist agencies, but it seems to be a problem that I'm travelling alone (for some reason) and the fact that I'm planing to use Venezuela as a starting point for a boatrip into the Caribic doesn't appear to be the standard approach. Your help is most appreciated! :)

Chris

• Long-Term Car Rental (3 weeks)

Caracas Dec 28, 2009 at 5:43 PM

Does anyone have suggestions on which car rental company provides the most aggressive pricing for a 3 week rental? I fly into Caracas on Jan 13th very late, so I'll need a car from Jan 14th until I leave on Feb 5th. If it is cheaper to rent in Caracas (away from the airport), I can arrange the transport. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
      Deb Nelson

2 Answers Dec 29, 2009 at 5:42 PM
    • Gay bars/clubs in Caracas

Distrito Federal Nov 19, 2009 at 1:25 PM

Does anyone have any up-to-date info on gay bars/clubs in Caracas - I'm interested in a "safe" non-hustler environment. I land at 10pm on Sunday and am in only in town until Weds morning, so it's not the best time of the week, I know, but thought I'd ask.

Thanks all

• Nailatourist's Profile Photo

tour operators

Caracas Nov 14, 2009 at 2:49 AM

hello/hola

anyone can advice a reliable tour operator in caracas for a 4 day tour
      Salto Angel and a second tour Los llanos?

alguien me puede recomendar agencia de tour fidable donde se pueda reservar
      excursion de 4 dias para los llanos y otra para Salto del Angel?

grazie/gracias/thank you

naila

3 Answers Nov 16, 2009 at 7:39 PM
    • Place to stay

Caracas Oct 20, 2009 at 4:11 AM

Hi Everyone. I am travelling in Caracas with a band from London to perform at the Music festival,5 Nov 2009, and i decided to stay for a while in Caracas.
      I would be very interested to meet up with artists, musicians, singers and also if someone could advise me on accomodation? I would be very grateful.
      Thank you
      Squidj.

1 Answer Nov 2, 2009 at 1:21 PM
    • Estimated Prices of item?

Caracas Oct 18, 2009 at 8:48 AM

Im planning to go to Caracas and I would Like to know the estimated prices for item in shopping centers like El Sambil...For example how much can pants or a pair of shoes cost in zara shop or in hilfilger shop....I would like prices in Bolivar Please...Thank you in advance!!!

• Bus service from Caracas airport to Puerto La Cruz

Caracas Oct 6, 2009 at 7:26 PM

Is there bus service from Caracas airport to Puerto La Cruz? If so, what time is last bus at night and earliest bus in morning from Caracas airport to Puerto La Cruz?

5 Answers Oct 14, 2009 at 6:39 PM
    • blaidd_drwg's Profile Photo

One night in Caracas

Caracas May 28, 2009 at 12:07 PM

Hey, guys last minute question. I get into Caracas on Saturday. I'd planned to travel on to a smaller city or town but it turns out I only arrive in at 11pm. So I was wondering if anybody knew any cheap places to stay that I could book at the last minute? Or if there were any night buses running that I could get? Any advice would be really useful,
      thanks Carly

5 Answers Jun 7, 2009 at 9:22 PM