Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Popular Distrito Federal Travel Answer Locations

• Graffmann's Profile Photo

About: Confiterìa ideal, Suipacha 384, Buenos Aires

Buenos Aires Aug 24, 2015 at 5:43 AM

Is it true that this historical Tango-Salon in BA has been closed?
      Their official website does not answer.

4 Answers Aug 25, 2015 at 1:07 AM
    • Arriving at Jorge Newberry at 7.30pm and departing at 4.30 am next day

Buenos Aires Aug 21, 2015 at 4:15 PM

Do they allow you to leave the terminal for a few hours sleep without taking all luggage? Cheers!

1 Answer Aug 21, 2015 at 6:05 PM
    • Read the warnings-Now I am scared

Buenos Aires Jul 2, 2015 at 5:22 AM

I understand "be ware", but reading the "dangers" section has me downright scared. I am not sure if there are certain areas to stay away from...or if this is directed to normal tourist areas...but it sounded like even the nice areas are suspect. We have not made hotel reservations yet so further information will be appreciated. I never wear flashy jewelry and such and I certainly don't look elite, but that being said, if I am a tourist and want to take pictures I usually will have a camera around my neck and that screams tourist!
      We arrive at EZE in the evening and then our flight to Iguazu is early the next morning (probably the 5:40 am flight out of aep) so I was thinking of getting a hotel near aep airport to cut down the travel time in the morning. Is this an okay plan or do I need to rethink it? What hotel or area do you recommend. We will have large suitcases that we will be leaving with the hotel while we are overnight in Iguazu, so the hotel needs to be reputable. Then the next day we will gly back to BA and stop buy the hotel on our way to our cruise and pick up the other suitcases..so that way we only take one with us for the overnight. Otherwise, we will be traveling with two each plus a very small carryon (with the laptop)...and my husband is 72 years old so I really need to make things as easy as possible for us.

11 Answers Jul 2, 2015 at 10:50 PM
    • Need info to make appropriate airline reservation from Buenos Aires to Iguazu Falls

Buenos Aires Jul 1, 2015 at 3:04 PM

We will be overnight in Buenos Aires and only have one day available to go to Iguazu Falls
      Argentina side. So we can take the flight from AEP to IGR at 5:40 AM that gets in at 7:25 or the one that depart Buenos Aires at 9:05 and gets in at 11 AM. My concern is that the later flight we lose 2 hrs of precious sightseeing time since the park opens at 9AM...but then if we take the earlier flight we have to be at the airport at what time????? in order to make the flight. In that case we may lose sleep time. To me the sightseeing is more precious than sleep as we will not have the opportunity to every go again...BUT on the otherhad if we need to be there hours before then loss of sleep can make us too tired to enjoy what we are seeing. Your recommendations will be most helpful!

9 Answers Jul 2, 2015 at 9:34 AM
    • Island-lover-shari's Profile Photo

where to stay

Buenos Aires May 28, 2015 at 10:22 PM

I'm a single, American female traveling solo to learn tango in Buenos Aires. I plan to go to milangos which means I'll be staying out late at night. I'm not sure about which salons I'll be going to, so I'm not sure which sections of the city I should look for lodging that would be safe to travel to and from late at night. I welcome any suggestions. Thank you!

16 Answers Jul 2, 2015 at 10:47 AM

Hire a tango instructor

Buenos Aires May 9, 2015 at 9:48 AM

Is it possible to hire an English speaking tango teacher for private lessons/ classes that I can schedule ahead of a visit to Buenos Aires? From my reading on the tango scene, it sounds like foreigners aren't taken into the fold as dance partners, so I'd have to take classes to get to know potential other foreigners to dance with if I want to dance at milangos. Is this an accurate assessment? I'm trying to weigh the value of traveling or not to BA for the purpose of really learning to dance tango.
      Thanks so much!
      Sharon

6 Answers Jul 2, 2015 at 10:55 AM

Tango Partner Needed

Buenos Aires May 8, 2015 at 3:45 AM

I'm a middle aged female traveling solo at the end of next month and into the first week of July. I'd like to take classes to meet other advanced beginners and I'd, also like to take private lessons to hone the subtleties of the dance. Can I get info ahead of time so I can make the arrangements/ plans? It seems it would help me select the right section of the city to book accommodations. I'd also like to hire a dance partner so I can dance at milongos. From my reading, it sounds like locals normally dance only with locals. Thank you for your help!
      Truly,
      Shari

1 Answer Jul 2, 2015 at 10:53 AM
    • junet's Profile Photo

Active Options

Buenos Aires Apr 1, 2015 at 8:59 AM

Is there any good and safe hiking near the city but with great views?
      Will be in Buenos Aires last week of April. Thanks

2 Answers Apr 1, 2015 at 4:07 PM
    • Road Trip Argentina

Buenos Aires Mar 12, 2015 at 10:10 PM

Hey Folks,

I'm a German student travelling across Argentina . I will be in Buenos Aires this weekend and afterwards Im planning to head to ihe inner countryside. Is somebody going the same way who would like to join me on my trip. The destination I thought of is Bariloche but no needs for it. Perhaps we could rent a car something. I'm very open minded and uncomplicated and always up to a joke . Looking forward to your replies ;)

Greets Simon

2 Answers Mar 13, 2015 at 8:16 AM
    • Travel between 2 airports in Buenos Aires

Buenos Aires Mar 11, 2015 at 8:38 AM

Hi, I have to travel between the 2 main airports Jorge Newbery and Ezeiza during rush hour. What is the best way to do this?

2 Answers Mar 12, 2015 at 10:25 AM
    • Cheapest way from Buenos Aires to Uruguay

Buenos Aires Jan 27, 2015 at 9:20 PM

I want to cross the Rio de la Plata

3 Answers Mar 7, 2015 at 3:36 AM
    • rhetorical_art's Profile Photo

anyone in Buenos Aires 1st February

Buenos Aires Jan 24, 2015 at 12:50 PM

Hi all

Is anyone in Buenos Aires on 1st February and interested in sightseeing together? I will be arriving there at approx 9am and staying in San Telmo area.

1 Answer Jan 24, 2015 at 1:32 PM
    • tropical459's Profile Photo

Changing money at the airport in Buenos Aires.

Buenos Aires Jan 13, 2015 at 2:05 PM

I read an account of where to go to change your money in the airport but I can't find it again. They were giving directions to a booth. Is the dollar accepted widely?

Thanks everyone,
      Vicki

9 Answers Jan 14, 2015 at 8:08 AM
    • Spanish schools in Buenos Aires

Buenos Aires Jan 7, 2015 at 2:42 PM

Hello everybody,

I am planning to spend around 3 months in South America. Considering that I don't speak a word of Spanish, I want to spend most of the first 2 months in Buenos Aires, to immerse into the culture and especially learn the language. Therefore, I am currently looking for a language school and wanted to ask for opinions. Has anybody made any experience with Spanish schools in Buenos Aires? Through my research, I am especially interested in "Academia Buenos Aires" and "El Pasaje". Can anyone recommend or comment on these schools?

Thanks,
      Toolli

5 Answers Aug 23, 2015 at 6:31 PM

Where do the local people go in February?

Buenos Aires Jan 7, 2015 at 10:19 AM

Hello everyone, I am trying to stay with the local people in Buenos Aires through social sites on the internet but it seems most of them are on holiday during the month of February. Where do they all go? Where is their holiday destination. I am assuming it is their summer holiday. Do they all leave the city?
      Thank you
      Vicki

4 Answers Jan 12, 2015 at 10:53 AM

Swimming in Buenos Aires.

Buenos Aires Dec 30, 2014 at 11:49 AM

I like to swim in rivers and the sea, open air pools. Have you any recommendations please? We are in Buenos Aires in early February, 2014.

Thank you
      Vicki

• accomodation

Buenos Aires Dec 27, 2014 at 11:50 AM

What is the best area to stay in and what do reasonably priced
      hotels, homestays, apartments etc cost in that area. We arrive mid january. Masi Cho, Dave

2 Answers Dec 31, 2014 at 8:49 PM
    • tatsamurai's Profile Photo

Transfer from AEP to EZE

Buenos Aires Dec 13, 2014 at 2:28 PM

Aerolineas Argentinas suddenly cancelled my flight from Ushuaia to Ezeiza Airport. Now I'm flying into Newbery but my flight back to the U.S. still leaves from Ezeiza. What is the safest, surest and most direct way to make that transfer (without walking out of the airport) ?

4 Answers Dec 14, 2014 at 9:13 AM
    • FlyingDutchmen's Profile Photo

football game

Buenos Aires Dec 12, 2014 at 8:31 AM

Ola

Estoy en Buenos Aires en el ultimo semana de enero 2015. Esta possible ver Boca Junios o River Plate?
      Y como adquiero tickets?

Gracias,

Tobias

1 Answer Dec 12, 2014 at 9:29 AM
    • Stored luggage in airport locker at AZE international airport Buenos Aires Argentina

Buenos Aires Dec 4, 2014 at 6:34 PM

Wanting to leave some luggage in a locker for about three weeks at the Ministro Pistarini (AZE) airport. Various information suggests I can but so far cannot confirm.... Could someone please advise.?

4 Answers Dec 8, 2014 at 5:53 AM
    • Cicerones de Buenos Aires, Greeters

Buenos Aires Nov 27, 2014 at 11:10 AM

Hi. I am going to Buenos Aires in November, and I am looking for guided tours. What can you suggest? As I am a student I would prefer something that is not too expensive. I found an organization called Cicerones Buenos Aires Greeters, and it looks like it is free, but can someone recommend them? Thanks. Floriane.

3 Answers Nov 28, 2014 at 5:47 AM
    • Museo Nacional de Aeronáutica - getting there

Buenos Aires Oct 5, 2014 at 7:49 AM

Hi, we want to visit this museum when we go in March - it is in *** - [edit VT has blanked this out M--o--r--ó--n ]... . Is taking the train then taxi (and the same back) the best way - or should I organise transport straight from our hotel in Palmero? I guess that I would be able to find someone to drive us there, wait then drive us back? It looks like this Museum is a bit hard to find and not on the 'typical' list of things to do - but it is our interest. With many thanks, K10

4 Answers Apr 12, 2015 at 3:40 AM
    • Havaianas slippers

Buenos Aires Oct 4, 2014 at 1:52 AM

HOw much is a pair of Havaianas in Buenos Aires? Good buy?

4 Answers Oct 16, 2014 at 8:01 AM
    • Alone is Buenos Aires

Buenos Aires Sep 16, 2014 at 12:37 PM

Hi everyone.
      I'm going to BA next week and am so excited!! Originally I was going with a friend and good travelbuddy but because of death in her family I'm now going alone. I have 2 months in South America and I was never planning on travelling all by my self so I'm pretty nervous about it. I would love any tips on where to stay in Buenos Aires, where to meet people in similar situations as me etc. Any advice would be helpful! Thanks! Louise, Copenhagen

7 Answers Jan 13, 2015 at 1:42 PM
    • Couple's trip to Buenos Aires and Mar Del Plata

Buenos Aires Sep 11, 2014 at 6:40 PM

We're headed to BA in November with 4 nights in BA and 3 in MDP. Any advice, suggestions or tips would be appreciated as it is our first trip there. We're African-American, in our forties and relatively healthy/active. We are not novice travelers and fairly adventurous; we've traveled throughout Europe in the past but wanted to try someplace different. Our hotels are Park Silver Obelisco(BA) and Riviera (MDP).

6 Answers Sep 29, 2014 at 9:17 AM
    • Bus from EZA

Buenos Aires Aug 20, 2014 at 8:01 PM

What and where is the nearest bus station that will take me to San Rafael, Argentina?

1 Answer Aug 20, 2014 at 8:43 PM
    • Is it safe

Buenos Aires Jul 24, 2014 at 12:36 PM

I am planning to visit Buenos Aires in October, not joining a tour group. I heard that there are on going demonstrations all over the city. Will it be safe to visit and do individual tour?

6 Answers Sep 29, 2014 at 9:21 AM
    • Going out tonight ?

Buenos Aires Jul 5, 2014 at 4:13 PM

Hey, we are five Irish girls who were booked into do the BA pub crawl tonight but it's cancelled now due to weather. Any good recommendations of bars/clubs to visit?

Thanks in advance

5 Answers Jul 6, 2014 at 3:47 PM
    • hugheyjr08's Profile Photo

Best For Price form of transportation from Buenos Aires to Zapala

Buenos Aires Jun 26, 2014 at 1:48 PM

What is my best option for the price? Bus? Plane? What are the companies that offer these services?

1 Answer Jun 26, 2014 at 2:26 PM
    • Do Taxis/ Remis take mastercards?

Buenos Aires Jun 17, 2014 at 12:25 AM

Hi, soon I will be arriving in Buenos Aires, but I'll only be there for one night before continuing to Uruguay. I've got a hostel in Monserrat, so I need to:

- Get from the manuel tienda leon bus stop to my hostel (catch a taxi from there)

- Get from my hostel to the Colonia Express terminal in La Boca via remis

I was just wondering if I'd be able to pay by debit card in the cars? If not, would it be possible to get change from $20 American bills? And if not that, how much would you think I would need to get from an ATM in the airport? Thanks!

3 Answers Jun 27, 2014 at 3:04 PM