Distrito Federal

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Bus from Sao Paulo to Foz do Iguacu, Brazil

Foz do Iguaçu 4 hours ago

Hello, is there a way to book a bus ticket instead of flying from Sao Paulo to Foz do Iguacu, Brazil side. I would be coming from the Paulista area and staying in Parana of Foz do Iguacu. If i can buy a ticket online how far in advance can I purchase it? What is the approximate cost? If not, how far in advance should I buy it in person and where is the terminal located? I don't mind about travel time since I am not in a hurry.

more
    • Travel warnings?

Cuiabá Apr 15, 2014 at 8:26 PM

Are there any safety concerns when visiting Cuiaba?

more
    • current info. Website is 2008

Manaus Apr 8, 2014 at 6:44 PM

Has anyone made the trip recently from Manaus to guayana city.
      Also any knowledge about flights from Manaus to same or caracus without having to go back to Sao Paulo or Panama city.
      Help would be appreciated.

more
    • CRUISE TERMINAL

Rio de Janeiro Apr 6, 2014 at 9:00 AM

IS THE NEW CRUISE TERMINAL COMPLETE AND FUNCTIONING ?

more
    • Tara2001's Profile Photo

Salvador, is it best to stay in the Pelourinho? Any hostel recommendations?

Brazil Mar 27, 2014 at 9:46 AM

Hi all,

I'm visiting Salvador for 3 nights in April and was wondering if the Pelourinho is the best area to stay in? I am looking to stay in a hostel that is safe and secure, but also sociable where I can meet likeminded solo travellers. Any suggestions??

more

Anyone in Salvador from 7th - 10th April?

Brazil Mar 27, 2014 at 9:42 AM

Hi guys,

Is anyone in Salvador from 7th - 10th April that would want to meet up and do some sight seeing etc? Get in touch! :)

more
    • Getting there from Campo Grande

Foz do Iguaçu Apr 17, 2014 at 6:26 AM

Just wondering what is the quickest and easiest way to get to Foz do Iguacu from Campo Grande Matto Grosso do Sul in Brazil. It all seems very complicated.

If someone has a simple-ish solution could you please let me know.

Thanks

more
    • travelswithsteve's Profile Photo

Airport Customs and Immigration

Rio de Janeiro Apr 9, 2014 at 6:51 AM

Flying London Heathrow to Vitoria (VIX) via Rio (GIG) with TAM. Does anyone know if I have to pick up my luggage and clear Customs at Rio or will it be at final destination ?

more
    • JosephW10's Profile Photo

Help in itinerary

São Paulo Apr 7, 2014 at 3:59 AM

Hi,

I am 29 and will be travelling alone from 13 April till 30april.

I planned to fly into São Paulo and stay for 3 nights, fly into rio for 3 nights, fly into Cusco and Machu Picchu for 4 nights, fly into bueno Aries and Iguzzua falls for 4 nights before heading back to São Paulo and back to Singapore.

Any one can advise me if this will be any problems with my planning ?

Alternatively I can do it the other way round São Paulo, bueno Aries, cusco, rio and back to São Paulo. I am not sure how different will the trip be if I choose to do this route.

I will stay in hostel and join local tours for all activities.

Thank you so much

more
    • Travel with BUS from Natal to Salvador in Brazil

Natal Apr 4, 2014 at 11:45 AM

I need to travel from Natal, RN to Salvador Bahia by BUS, anyone know what Bus company I can buy ticket to travel to Salvador?

more
    • Gluten free restaurants around Rio de Janeiro

Rio de Janeiro Apr 17, 2014 at 10:57 PM

Can anyone give some names of restaurants around Rio that serve gluten free lunch and dinner?. I am going to Rio during the World Cup with wife and two children

more
    • Travelling Pantanal

Pantanal Apr 9, 2014 at 3:11 AM

How can i travel Pantanal without tying myself to a 4-5 day tour? I want to make it flexible and yet be able to do everything. Is it possible to do this independently?

more
    • Two days in Argentina

Foz do Iguaçu Mar 31, 2014 at 3:40 AM

I am travelling to see the falls in June. I would like to spend 2 days exploring the Argentina side and a day and a half on the Brazilian side. I am flying into Foz do Iguacu. Would you recommend I stay in Brazil and travel to Argentina each day. Or should I stay in Argentina overnight?

more
    • Currency exchange at the Crossover

Foz do Iguaçu Mar 27, 2014 at 9:49 PM

Is there an exchange at the border after you enter Argentina? After seeing the Brazilian National Park, we are heading for the Argentina National Park and the Sheraton. We'll need pesos to pay to get into the park.

more
    • JosephW10's Profile Photo

Help in itinerary

Rio de Janeiro Apr 7, 2014 at 4:00 AM

Hi,

I am 29 and will be travelling alone from 13 April till 30april.

I planned to fly into São Paulo and stay for 3 nights, fly into rio for 3 nights, fly into Cusco and Machu Picchu for 4 nights, fly into bueno Aries and Iguzzua falls for 4 nights before heading back to São Paulo and back to Singapore.

Any one can advise me if this will be any problems with my planning ?

Alternatively I can do it the other way round São Paulo, bueno Aries, cusco, rio and back to São Paulo. I am not sure how different will the trip be if I choose to do this route.

I will stay in hostel and join local tours for all activities.

Thank you so much

more
    • eversure's Profile Photo

Taxi or airport bus?

Sao Paulo Mar 24, 2014 at 6:20 AM

We are a family of 5 (parents with 3 teenagers). We need to get from GRU to Congonhas. Will it be more convenient to take airport taxi or airport bus? In most places we have gone to, the individual cost for the bus is sometimes just the same as for a taxi and the taxi seems to be quicker. Thanks.

more

Visa's and volunteering (I'm British)

Brazil Apr 15, 2014 at 8:28 AM

I'm hoping to go and volunteer in Rio, working in a youth hostel for a few months. I understand I can do this on a normal 90 day visa, is that right?

And also, how many days do I need to leave the country before I can return on another 90 day visa?

more
    • DavidM184's Profile Photo

Daily Tours from Rio and return

Rio de Janeiro Apr 9, 2014 at 11:29 AM

Can you advise what i should not miss/thank you. Dave

more

Popular Distrito Federal Travel Answer Locations

• 1 day city tour with airport transfers

Brasília Mar 19, 2014 at 12:04 AM

Hola
      We are arriving in Brasilia early on June 30 there will be 4 of us
      We need to have a day tour and back at airport by 415 PM for flight out
      I will be also at game at 1300 and rest of people will continue tour.
      can we arrange this with you so we get picked up at airport in the morning start tour and pick me up at stadium and back to airport?
      How much will it be?
      thanks
      hector

1 Answer Mar 19, 2014 at 6:39 AM
    • Dot net programmer

Brasília Jan 15, 2014 at 5:20 PM

My wife will be moving to Brasilia and I am trying to secure employment. I do not speak any Portuguese yet although I will be working on it. Is there a head hunter for expats in Brasilia?

3 Answers Jan 15, 2014 at 7:12 PM
    • Traveling in the DF

Distrito Federal Dec 25, 2013 at 3:48 PM

Best place to travel to for a weekend with children, ages range from 12-6yrs old. A fun little getaway. Any recommendations in DF?

2 Answers Dec 25, 2013 at 7:09 PM
    • architecture and cultural tour

Brasília Nov 29, 2013 at 6:02 AM

what are the possibilities for an architectural and cultural tour of brasilia for a day and half.
      professional guided tour? could be in portuguese.

1 Answer Nov 29, 2013 at 6:23 AM
    • from Manaus to Peru

Brasília Nov 26, 2013 at 11:03 AM

Hello,

I want to go from Manaus to Peru per boat. Have someone a good idea how to get there.... My goal is Cuzco....
      Thank you for zyour help..,.
      Jana

2 Answers Nov 26, 2013 at 7:43 PM
    • Getting to Alto Paraíso de Goiás from Brasilia

Brasília Oct 21, 2013 at 12:26 AM

Hi, I am confused about which bus station I need to get to to catch a bus from Brasilia to Alto Paraíso de Goiás. Only one company, Real Expresso, does that route but I don't know where it leaves from: either Terminal Rodoviário de Brasília or "the main Rodoferroviária station". I keep getting conflicting information. If it is Terminal Rodoviário de Brasília (which seems way out of the city), how to I get to that station? Unfortunately, my hosts have given me virtually no information and have proved unhelpful. Thank you in advance.

3 Answers Oct 21, 2013 at 9:09 AM
    • Movies in English - Books, Newspapers, and Magazines in English

Brasília Sep 5, 2013 at 7:43 AM

Are there any movie theatres that show movies in English or have English subtitles? Also, is there any where to buy reading materials in English? Please, let me know.

Thank you.

5 Answers Sep 8, 2013 at 12:19 PM
    • Brasila Day tours

Brasília Aug 17, 2013 at 4:06 AM

are there any day tour operators for city tour and architecture

4 Answers Aug 17, 2013 at 7:34 AM
    • Change flight

Brasília May 26, 2013 at 6:50 PM

Good night! Bought a ticket to the U.S. Arways Miami with a connection in Charlotte ... But my trip will start in New York, the programming is done by starting NY to shop in Miami last, so I'll wait 4 hours to go to Miami in Charlote airport to get out there and catch a flight to New York the night ... I will arrive in NY and lose a whole day at the airport. I called the U.S. here in Brazil, and informed me that surely be able to change it after shipment, or in Rio de Janeiro or Charlotte. Note: I did not buy the stretch to NY yet because this question. The question is .. I hope to see if I can modify this stretch in Charlote, or buy a ticket from Miami to NY here in Brazil and I roll all day at the airport .. Has anyone done this kind of change? The value of the passage time in the U.S. is much higher? Someone please help me .. my trip is the next Friday May 31 and do not know what to do ... Thank you,

1 Answer May 27, 2013 at 6:15 AM
    • Ric_Braz's Profile Photo

From Airport to Football Ground.

Brasília May 22, 2013 at 8:43 AM

I am planning to fly from Salvador to Brasilia for a game in the 2014 World Cup but time is tight so would it be best to go from the airport to the ground by Taxi or by Metro?

6 Answers May 23, 2013 at 7:49 AM
    • jvarjao's Profile Photo

3 month stay working in Varjao

Brasília Mar 19, 2013 at 5:47 PM

I will be working in Varjao for 3 months. I will need a place to stay. Any suggestions about short term lease? How about transportation?

2 Answers Mar 20, 2013 at 5:04 PM
    • Moving to Brasilia- nervous!!

Brasília Jan 2, 2013 at 2:16 AM

Hello, I am an American in my late 20's. I just signed a contract to work in Brasilia for a number of years and am now thinking I could have made a wrong decision... I was wondering if anyone who lives in Brasilia can help me out with some information.
      1. I will be living in the suburbs of Brasilia and will have no car and a very bad sense of direction!! It is important that I make friends and have an active social life. I am planning on learning as much Portoguese as I can. However, how do I make friends when there is not a lively downtown area?

2. As I am in my late 20's, I am also concerned with dating and forming a serious relationship with a Brasilian. Are relationships between Brasilians and expats common and would it be easy to find someone to date there? The city seems so closed.

So far from what I have read on the internet, some things seem pretty dismal. I am looking to have some fun and an active life and was not aware of some things.

Thanks so much for any input.

8 Answers Mar 8, 2014 at 11:07 AM
    • taxi driver speaks in english!?

Brasília Apr 17, 2012 at 7:02 AM

Hey guys...
      I'm totally lost in Brasilia
      can't seem to find anyone that speaks in English... it is my first day so I haven't had a chance to learn or practice some phrases in Portuguese :(

I need help finding a taxi driver that can speak in English.. even if little bit... right now, I'm stock :(

Thanks

3 Answers Apr 18, 2012 at 9:54 AM
    • HOW CAN I GO FROM SAO PAULO TO BRASILIA BY BUS??

Brasília Sep 18, 2010 at 4:19 PM

I want to go to Brasilia by land, does anyone knows a transport companie?? I know that its a long trip, 16 hours! but i want to travel by bus, so please help me!!! :)

4 Answers May 3, 2011 at 9:41 AM
    • cybergenic's Profile Photo

Photography

Brasília May 29, 2010 at 6:51 PM

Hello, does anyone know if there are restrictions on photographing government buildings in Brasilia without permission?
      I ran into problems in Argentina taking photos of some official buildings and Mosque.
      It would be a horrible waste of time to get all the way to Brasilia to find out it is not possible to take photos of some of Oscar Niemeyer's architecture.

2 Answers May 30, 2010 at 11:08 PM
    • alamar's Profile Photo

Half a day of tourism in Brasilia

Brasília Apr 17, 2010 at 5:24 PM

Hi, I will pass by Brasilia and I just have half a day free for some sightseeing, from midday to evening. I would appreciate suggestions on places to visit. They should be easily accesible by bus or taxi, open on a Monday, and also safe for a woman by herself.
      In order to orient your suggestions, I like architecture, street markets, music and ethnic food, but I am also open to other suggestions of spots if they are out of those categories. Thanks!

3 Answers May 3, 2011 at 9:45 AM
    • Tourism in Brasilia with kids (Am I mad ? )

Brasília Aug 24, 2007 at 11:15 AM

I am Portuguese. I was thinking of taking advantage of the new direct flights between Lisbon and Brasilia, and spend 4-5 days there.

My plans are to rent a car and stay in a hotel in the city centre.
      I intend to visit the major monuments, buildings, shopping malls, and the lake area.
      I will be travelling with my kids (3 and 8 years) and my wife.

Everybody tells me I am mad, once noticed that I am foreign I will be robbed/kidnapped/etc... Is this true ? Or can I assume that if I take the normal precautions and stay in the city centre I will be safe ?

11 Answers Jun 11, 2010 at 10:01 AM
    • schools in brasilia

Brasília Mar 29, 2007 at 8:50 PM

I am going to be moving to Brasilia with my two young children and am looking for information/advice on nursery/primary schools. My eldest will be starting kindergarten and I'm curious about what schools are available. I've seen the websites for the American School, Brasil International, and School of the Nations. Anyone have experience with any of those? Are there other international schools? Should we consider sending our child to a Brasilian school? I'd really like her to receive at least some instruction in Portugese, although I'd probably feel more comfortable with an English component as well. I would also prefer a school with a more secular than religious approach. Any advice on nursery schools for a two year would be great as well. Thanks for your thoughts!

3 Answers May 26, 2007 at 9:34 AM
    • Road cycling in Brasilia

Brasília Mar 8, 2007 at 10:59 PM

I am an American considering moving to Brasilia. I'm an avid road bicyclist and play saxophones in a big band. I was wondering if there are any bike clubs and if the roads are good for cycling. Also wondering what opportunities there are for playing music.
      Thank you for any help,

Melvyn Garcia

1 Answer Mar 24, 2007 at 4:44 AM
    • A real Massage

Brasília Aug 18, 2006 at 8:44 PM

I'm going to be staying at the Naoum Plaza Hotel in Brazilia. Does anyone have a suggestion as to where I might safely get a Swedish massage. I don't want a candle and incense rub, but a true deep tissue massage.

• Brasilia city tour - Is Prestheza charging too much?

Distrito Federal Aug 8, 2006 at 10:55 AM

Hello, I'm off to Brazil in September and I have 8 hours in Brasilia between planes from Rio and to Manaus.
      I wanted to book a trip to all major sites and I found one at
      prestheza.com.br/english/pro...

for 139US$.

However, I've checked the net and Lonely Planet and it seems to me that this price is like 4x higher than usual. Is it possible to get a similar tour for less money? Can you suggest any operators? (I'm attaching the list of sites at the end).

Thanks a lot for your help, cheers,

Gerry

Panoramic tour including SQS - Super Block South residential, Our Lady of Fátima Church, Dom Bosco Sanctuary, TV Tower, Setor Militar Urbano - Army Headquarters , JK Memorial, Buriti Palace, N.S Aparecida Cathedral, Ministries Esplanade, Itamaraty Palace, Três Poderes Square, Pantheon of Democracy and Freedom, Lúcio Costa Cultural Space, Jaburu Palace, Alvorada Palace, JK Bridge (Architect Alexandre Tchan), Embassies Area. Does not include admission ticket at JK Memorial. Internal visit to the Museum of Currencies of Central Bank, Caixa Econômica Federal Main Building, Itamaraty Palace, National Congress and University of Brasília. This tour is not available on Mondays.

1 Answer Aug 8, 2006 at 12:13 PM
    • johncintexas's Profile Photo

Tour guide/ Car rental

Brasília Jul 24, 2006 at 2:32 PM

Does anyone know of any good independent tour guides in Brasilia or the Tocantins? Where is the best place to rent a car in Brasilia?

2 Answers Mar 24, 2007 at 4:48 AM
    • eco - trip

Brasília Mar 16, 2006 at 6:06 AM

Looking for a one-day trip from Brasilia that could be considered an eco location.
      Thanks,

4 Answers Apr 6, 2013 at 5:57 PM
    • brits/ english speakers in brasilia

Distrito Federal Feb 18, 2006 at 7:16 AM

hi im a brit in brasilia for a while and would love to hook up with some english speakers. I have limited portugues and am learning, but it would be great to kick back in my mother tongue! email xsbiaatch@hotmail.com! Jo.x

1 Answer Aug 28, 2006 at 9:16 AM
    • Brazuk

Brasília Jan 28, 2006 at 1:07 AM

Where Can I watch Bolton Wanderers V Arsenal live on TV today (January 28, 2006) ?????

• Electricity transformer availability

Brasília Jan 21, 2006 at 10:03 PM

Hi,

I am going to be moving to Brasilia with my wife and son from NYC. My wife is being transfered with her job.

I am a filmmaker and photographer and I have lights that are 110/120 volts and not 220V. We also have some other small home appliances that are also 110/120 volts and not 220 volts.

In America, I can buy transformers which will convert 220v to 110/120v. These are not the travel converters, but larger units which are meant for appliances and can be used for my film lights as well

My question is does anyone know if these types of electric transformers are available in Brazil? Here is a link to show you an example.

dvdoverseas.com/store/index....

Also, I would also like to communicate with anyone who is interested in a photographer or Cinematographer in the Brasilia region. I am interested in portrait, Nature/Environmental, and dramatic work.

I will be studying Portuguese for the first 6 months or so in Brasilia until I can become more fluent.

I am also interested in teaching English to earn some money as well.

Thanks,
      Scott

2 Answers Feb 7, 2006 at 3:55 AM
    • kids

Brasília Aug 27, 2005 at 4:57 PM

Hi does anyone have any good suggestions of fun educational places to visit, i have a little boy 1 year 5 months, i recently moved here from UK, ont thing i really miss is, in UK we have Mother and baby groups, you can go and chill out with other mothers it is a very nice way to find a small community. Also where can I find people who speak good english, of course i am learning portuguese and i love it!! but sometimes i cant think in portuguese and really want to express myself in english. Early days yet here, any advice would be warmly welcome. Im also interested in textile design, pattern design for fabric, and any kind of art projects, i love painting and drawing and was teaching in UK, i studied Graphics many years ago too.

thankyou folks, i must say does no one writein portuguese in this forum, seems strange and I find hard to meet english speakers.

2 Answers Mar 24, 2007 at 4:56 AM
    • UKBRASIL

Brasília Aug 26, 2005 at 6:19 PM

Is there anyone living in Brasilia who is British? I recently moved here and havent met one foreigner yet.

4 Answers Mar 8, 2014 at 11:03 AM
    • independent/art cinema in Brasilia?

Brasília May 12, 2005 at 4:01 PM

Hello,

is there an independent/art cinema in Brasilia?

Thanks,
      Jirka

1 Answer May 13, 2005 at 5:25 AM
    • British in Brasilia

Brasília Feb 17, 2005 at 1:30 PM

Hi Does anyone know anything about a British community in Brasilia? Im wondering how they find the move there to live? Thanks

2 Answers May 14, 2009 at 4:28 PM