Dipolog City Travel Answers

change location
twozeds's Profile Photo

travel in dipolog city

by twozeds Online Now Feb 7, 2010 at 5:18 AM

hi...im new here and its nice to meet you all..i hope you can be of assistance to me please...i plan to vist Dipolog City maybe in May this year (2010)...the first thing is ive never been to the Phillipines as i have lived in Thailand for almost 10 years, so was wondering is it safe for westerners to travel to Dipolog City?.....and secondly if so are there any cheap hotels or guest houses recommended by any of yourselves ...also any interesting places to visit.....thanks in advance....darren

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • gina550's Profile Photo

Re: travel in dipolog city

by gina550 Online Now Feb 8, 2010 at 11:36 PM

Yes, Darren it is safe to travel to Dipolog City. You can try (prices in Phil pesos):

SINGLE DOUBLE TEL NO.

TOP PLAZA HOTEL 1,100.00 1,235.00 (6365)212-5777 W/BREAKFAST
    CAMILA HOTEL 840.00 1,080.00 (6365)2125533

Dakak Beach Resort, located in a nearby town of Dapitan (30mins away by car), is the pride of the place. You can also find the house of Jose Rizal (national hero of the Phils) in Dapitan. He was exiled here before he was transferred & finally executed in Luneta, Manila. Dipolog & Dapitan are sleepy, peaceful towns south of the country & I think you don't need prior reservations here but it would be safe to do so. Have fun!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • twozeds's Profile Photo

by twozeds Online Now Feb 9, 2010 at 11:40 PM

thanks gina....rgds darren

• kalambagohan's Profile Photo

by kalambagohan Online Now Feb 12, 2010 at 8:00 AM

I would say Dipolog is relatively safe however with the upcoming national and local elections this May 2010, it can be a bit tricky. I advise more caution than usual.

• Re: travel in dipolog city

by fromzanorte Online Now Sep 24, 2011 at 10:47 PM

hello darren im from sindangan zamboanga del norte and my capital city is dipolog
    its so safe for westerners in fact many foreigners already had visited the place.the people are warm and nice and friendly.....dipolog has a neighboring city called dapitan city which having a pier,the exile place of our national hero JOSE RIZAL,it is nice there i can tell you...
    having cheap pension houses,i can reccommend the RANILLO PENSION HOUSE

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Dipolog City Travel Answer Locations