Dingle Travel Answers

change location
bostonerica's Profile Photo

Tours of Dingle Bay Peninsula?

by bostonerica Online Now Aug 14, 2007 at 2:56 PM

Hi,
I will be in Cork City in a few days and I would like to take a day tour of Dingle (will not be renting a car). Are there any companies you would recommend? I know Bus Eirann offers tours. Any insight you have would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Erica
Boston

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • Ekaterinburg's Profile Photo

Re: Tours of Dingle Bay Peninsula?

by Ekaterinburg Online Now Aug 15, 2007 at 6:29 AM

Not that I know of Erica. You could catch a bus or train to Tralee and another bus to Dingle and maybe try your hand at hithing or hiking from there. The actual road round the Dingle peninsula is so narrow in places that there's no way a bus could navigate it. If there are a few of you perhaps you could negotiate a rate round the peninsula with a local taxi company in DIngle. Or maybe you could hire bikes ?

It is so worth doing though so don't give up on the idea too easily.

Have a look at my Home Page. I have some new photos of the Dingle peninsula on there that should whet your appetite.

Good luck,

Katherine

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • evaanna's Profile Photo

by evaanna Online Now Aug 15, 2007 at 6:31 AM

I was in Cork last month and Bus Eireann did not offer any tours to the Dingle Peninsula, only to the Ring of Kerry, to the Lakes of Killarney and in West Cork to Schull and Cape Clear. I took the first and the last of these. Both were nice but I had bad weather for the Ring of Kerry so missed out on a lot of the beautiful scenery. The weather was great for Cape Clear and combined with the boat trip it was super.

• Ekaterinburg's Profile Photo

by Ekaterinburg Online Now Aug 15, 2007 at 6:39 AM

Oops ! that was meant to be hitching.

Erica, just because there aren't any tours from Cork doesn't necessarily mean that there's nothing on offer from Dingle.

Why don't you contact the local tourist office ?

• Re: Tours of Dingle Bay Peninsula?

by Judged Online Now Aug 15, 2007 at 10:20 AM

Suggest you travel to Killarney - nice trip- and book Dingle trip wih Deros Tours , Killarney. Buses /Coaches do travel on the circuit - no problem but glad I don't drive one!!

• Re: Tours of Dingle Bay Peninsula?

by dingle999 Online Now Aug 16, 2007 at 6:25 AM

Dingle Cabs offer an excellent service and rates. Their phone number is 087 3168254

• florry's Profile Photo

by florry Online Now Aug 25, 2007 at 5:03 AM

Just make your way down to dingle, there you can go to the tourist-office and book your tour.You can also go and eat in John Bennys and say hello to me in the kitchen:)..just on the other side of the tourist-office..trips to see the dolphine are there too. Have fun..

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines