Dingle Travel Answers

change location

Dingle dolphin

by siovhan01 Online Now Mar 15, 2007 at 5:20 PM

I've wanted to swim with a dolphin for years but really can't afford the Bahamas. I've a BIG birhtday approaching this year and wonder how likely it is that I'll be able to swim with Funghi. Does anyone know if this is a possibility ?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Roadquill's Profile Photo

RE: Dingle dolphin

by Roadquill Online Now Mar 16, 2007 at 1:22 AM

I doubt it. It is a big harbor and the water is friggin cold. We were there in late July and no one was wearing a bathing suit.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Krumel's Profile Photo

RE: Dingle dolphin

by Krumel Online Now Mar 18, 2007 at 2:13 AM

Yes, this is a possibility. Not with a swimsuit maybe, but with a wetsuit.

corkkerry.ie/individual_resu...

• Emmylou36's Profile Photo

Re: Dingle dolphin

by Emmylou36 Online Now Apr 4, 2007 at 11:30 AM

I just got back from Dingle where we spent a wonderful week last week. The weather was perfect and I went out on the boat, Boy Colm, and met Fungi!

They certainly do organise swimming trips with Fungi, even this early in the year. There's a booking office on the pier at Dingle. To take the boat trip cost 16 euros - but we were only charged that once we had seen the gorgeous creature and not before. Its well worth the trip, even if you just stay on the boat and not actually swim with him. You're not guaranteed to see him every time you go out but we were told that 8 times out of 10 he will make an appearance because he just loves people!

And don't worry too much about the water being cold - you can hire wetsuits nearby!

Hope you get your dream :-)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines