Dingle Travel Answers

change location

What to expect in Novmeber?

by SandersDSM Online Now Sep 4, 2006 at 7:30 PM

We will be touring Dingle Peninsula in first week of November. What can we expect of the weather? Could one do the peninsula circular tour by bicycle in November and are the bike rental shops still open in first week of November?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • globetrott's Profile Photo

RE: What to expect in Novmeber?

by globetrott Online Now Sep 5, 2006 at 1:37 AM

the wintertime is quite mild in Ireland, so you might have a great time. Maybe not all of the tourist-things will be open, BUT I am sure you will be able to rent a bike...
    ...they will for sure not be taken away for the wintertime, BUT it might need some time to get them, ask at your hotel/hostel, they will arrange it.
    People in Ireland are quite flexible, they will most probably lend you their own bike, when they cannot find one for you !!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: What to expect in Novmeber?

by jayhawk2000 Online Now Sep 6, 2006 at 5:24 AM

I remember visiting mid December and was surprised at how mild it could be (as in, no snow and no arctic gales). We had a mixture of drizzle and sunshine but never too cold. It's also a good time of year to visit as the tourist crowds will have shrunk by then. Be warned the weather will change very quickly though.

We were able to rent bikes in Dingle town even then so it must be available all year. Are you used to cycling though? We attempted the circle and were wiped out halfway through before even trying to attempt the pass, plus the weather had changed by then from bright sunshine to cloud and a stiff wind. There are only a couple B&Bs and shops on the other side of the peninsula but they won't be expecting trade and might be shut for the season.

I'll never forget one night coming out of the pub and walking through the fields to our hostel. The stars alone were so bright we could see our breath in the frosty evening air.

The other highlight was the first half of the cycle ride along the coast in the sunshine, going past all the stone huts. Incredible!

Happy travels!
    Robert
    www.redbeardtravels.com

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines