change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• JohanIsWeg's Profile Photo

Vineyard accommodation

Bourgogne Nov 30, 2014 at 10:59 PM

Despite researching the subject, both on VT and the web, I'm struggling to get a clear picture of accommodation at a vineyard in Bourgogne. I'll only be there overnight, so I'd prefer to combine my accommodation and wine tasting. Preferably something close enough to Beaune to go wandering around the illuminated buildings in the evening, but will be perfectly happy staying at a scenic nearby village such as Meursalt or Pommard, or even north of Beaune.
      Anyone with wonderful experiences at such a place?
      Advice would be highly appreciated! Thanks.

more
    • Have been to Dijon before visiting again for 9 nights in October 2015

by FrenchFantasy Online Now Oct 23, 2014 at 1:02 AM

Interesting towns to visit nearby without a car have already stayed in Beaune

5 Answers Oct 24, 2014 at 5:48 AM
    • carloarg02's Profile Photo

What to do around train station?

by carloarg02 Online Now Jul 28, 2014 at 2:44 PM

Hi there, I'm getting to Dijon train station around 3:30pm and I am unable to pick up my rental car until 6pm.

What's a good place to spend a couple of hours near the train station? Historical, park, etc?

thanks!

4 Answers Jul 29, 2014 at 8:42 AM
    • Scenic Route from Strasbourg to Dijon

by EricLindemann Online Now Aug 1, 2013 at 11:50 AM

What is a scenic driving toute from Strasbourg to Dijon

4 Answers Aug 1, 2013 at 4:32 PM
    • placido2745's Profile Photo

Train Timetable in English from Dijon Ville to Aiseray

by placido2745 Online Now Jun 16, 2013 at 7:05 AM

Hi, I want to travel by train from Dijon Ville to Aiseray (just south of Dijon). The timetables on the web are only in French. Would somebody be able to help me find a train timetable in English, please? I tried to find an itinerary on: http://www.trains-horaires.com/ but this didn't work for me.
      Regards!

27 Answers Jun 18, 2013 at 1:22 PM
    • Wine tours on your own.

by SpencerP Online Now Apr 2, 2013 at 10:55 AM

We are cycling and based in dijon. What are the best vine yards to visit.

5 Answers Apr 2, 2013 at 12:13 PM
    • Where to stay

by Alex-Odessa Online Now Mar 4, 2013 at 12:43 AM

Hi! Can You recommend some nice place to stay in Dijon from March 15 to March 18?

4 Answers Mar 4, 2013 at 2:18 PM
    • Best scenic route from Paris to Dijon

by jackberry Online Now Nov 23, 2010 at 12:46 PM

I will driving from CDG Paris to Dijon approximately 6 Sept 20011 and was wondering which would be the most scenic route A5, A6 or (D231 and N71 via Troyes)? Any information would be greatly appreciated, do not need to take toll highways.
      Thanks for your input.
      Jack

3 Answers Nov 23, 2010 at 3:35 PM
    • Walking trails

by rukivverh Online Now Oct 17, 2010 at 4:22 PM

Hello everyone,

I will be in Dijon for 2 days in late November. I was wondering if you could recommend any walking trails (along Burgundy channel maybe) for 1/2 day if the weather permits.

I am also interested in short trips by bus/train to nearby villages. Any suggestions are welcome.

Merci beaucoup d'avance.

3 Answers Oct 22, 2010 at 9:52 PM
    • A good night out

by gingercole Online Now Aug 28, 2010 at 9:54 AM

Hi I am visiting Dijon next friday with 9 guys
      We want to visit a few lively bars with some music and a good club
      Any suggestions appreciated
      thanks

• Dijon by bike/a velo

by Gengo Online Now Apr 12, 2010 at 12:58 PM

Bonsoir,

I am planning a day trip to Dijon and I would like to visit some wineries or small towns nearby by push bike. Does anyone know whether this is possible, ie are there any bike paths and wineries within 20-30 kilometres of Dijon?

Je ferai un voyage a Dijon pour un ou deux jours et j'aimerais visiter des vignobles ou un autre petit village, préférablement du moyen âge, a vélo. Est-ce vous savez s'il est possible de le faire? Je veux savoir s'il y a des pistes de vélo et/ou des vignobles a court distance de Dijon (entre 20 et 30 kilomètres).

Thank you!

Merci d'avance!

3 Answers Apr 12, 2010 at 2:50 PM
    • kathymof's Profile Photo

Day trips from Dijon

by kathymof Online Now Apr 3, 2010 at 12:17 PM

I have the opportunity to return to Dijon for a week this summer. I will have 4 afternoons to myself. I have already spent 3 days seeing the wonderful sites in Dijon and have been to Beaune, Montbard and Auxerre. Can you suggest any good half-day trips by train or bus?

10 Answers Apr 5, 2010 at 9:07 PM
    • rusty703's Profile Photo

CDG - Dijon by bus...but which one?

by rusty703 Online Now May 6, 2009 at 10:15 PM

I've seen suggestions to take a bus from CDG to Dijon but no mention of which bus line. Any specific recommendations?

5 Answers Jul 25, 2009 at 9:42 AM
    • byblyofyle's Profile Photo

Restaurant for 18?

by byblyofyle Online Now Mar 31, 2009 at 1:08 AM

I am going to be staying in Dijon as part of a group of 18, including children aged 10 and up. We are staying at the Ibis centre clemenceau. Can anyone recommend a restaurant that could cater for us? To complicate matters it will be Good Friday. Will this cause a problem? Our preference would be for bistro style regional food. Many thanks.

• ursaminorNZ's Profile Photo

Where to stay

by ursaminorNZ Online Now Feb 7, 2009 at 7:50 PM

Bonjour,
      I will be visiting Dijon in June and would like any recommendations for a place to stay. A bed / breakfast or small auberge would be good - I am travellling alone. somewhere I can be involved in day to day life rather than isolated in a backpackers.
      thanks
      Ursula.

2 Answers Feb 22, 2009 at 5:02 AM
    • Northlander's Profile Photo

Going around with car this winter !

by Northlander Online Now Dec 8, 2008 at 11:10 AM

Hi all.
      My girlfriend is going to study 3 months, from Jan. 09 til late April 09, at the Uni in Dijon.
      Luckily enough, I'm able to go with her.
      To be abel to drive around in the region, we plan to take the car. (I know it going to be a long journey trough Scandinavia and Germany.)
      What I would like to know, is what the road conditions are like in central Europe in winter/spring ?? (Like if it's icy, slippery, bare roads etc)
      We would also love to visit Geneve and northern Italy. How about the drive there ?
      In Norway, we have two types of tires. Summer and winter (With spikes)
      I need to change from winter to summer tires in Denmark, since spikes is not allowed in Germany. Should I bring the winter tires to France, or just leave them at friends in Denmark ?

I hope somebody can give me a clue.

Take care,
      Northy

4 Answers Dec 9, 2008 at 11:46 AM
    • Launderette in Dijon

by lindanne Online Now Jul 22, 2008 at 12:39 PM

Does anyone by any chance know of a launderette in Dijon?
      Thanks for any info!

7 Answers Jul 28, 2008 at 2:06 PM
    • Travelling Dijon - Zurich

by dyrrachium Online Now Jun 19, 2008 at 4:59 PM

I need to go to Zurich for a 3 day stay from Dijon. Train tickets for the trip are around 290. I called a Hertz in Dijon and got quoted 105 euros for 3 days. Do you recommend that I drive or should I rather take the train and pay the extra. How hard is it to drive in Europe, especially Dijon - ZUrich?

Please give me your thoughts.

13 Answers Jun 21, 2008 at 10:26 PM
    • aquatic's Profile Photo

A day trip to Beaune from Dijon

by aquatic Online Now Apr 15, 2008 at 9:32 AM

I plan to stay in Dijon for 2 full days. One of them I would love to spend visiting wineries around. I heard that Beaune is a nice town where wineries are actually located. Is it true? If yes, would that be enough just to get to town and explore it on foot? Or I need a car? And how do I get from Dijon to Beaune? It is three of us going and I don't seem to find a guided inexpensive trip to wineries. Any advise?

12 Answers Jul 2, 2009 at 12:45 PM
    • Why Dijon?

by ranger_sez Online Now Nov 21, 2006 at 9:35 PM

What is Dijon best known for? What are some must-see icons and must-do activities? What type of city is Dijon??

Ta =D

5 Answers Jan 20, 2007 at 9:28 AM
    • How to get to Dijon from Strasbourg?

by ranger_sez Online Now Nov 10, 2006 at 3:39 AM

Hi there,

I need to get from Strasbourg to Dijon, what is the best way to do this?

Merci xxxx

2 Answers Apr 26, 2007 at 2:13 PM
    • kenyneo's Profile Photo

Looking for a long lost pen pal in Dijon

by kenyneo Online Now Oct 27, 2006 at 1:27 AM

Dear VT,

This is perhaps the strangest request I have posted here. While clearing some of my old stuff , I chanced upon some letters from a penpal from Dijon that I lost touch with after I moved to Saudi Arabia for work. I have his name and can even find it in the internet, he is teaching in the Gaston-Roupnel College in Dijon. But I dont really know how to contact him . Would appreciate if anyone from Dijon can help me find his email address. Thank you

His name is - Karim Andréys-Kéroui

Thank you very much

Kenny

2 Answers Oct 28, 2006 at 6:53 AM
    • Where to eat

by harriettwright Online Now Oct 7, 2006 at 9:25 AM

I'll be in Dijon for lunch, dinner, breakfast, and lunch again. Can anyone make recommendations for good reasonably priced places to eat in the town center?

Thanks,
      Harriett

7 Answers Jan 20, 2007 at 9:30 AM
    • seoulgirl's Profile Photo

international folkloriades festival

by seoulgirl Online Now Aug 23, 2006 at 1:06 AM

Hi. Should we stay in Beaune or Dijon for the International Folkloriades festival on Sept. 1-4? Or both?

Thanks!

2 Answers Aug 30, 2006 at 9:56 AM
    • Grocery in Dijon

by ASut Online Now Mar 12, 2006 at 9:34 PM

Plan to visit Dijon in April. Since I will be travelling with my daughter who is 1.5 year old, in case of some emergency need that I need to go to a grocery or a pharmacy in the middle of the night. Do they have grocery that opens 24 hours? How about during weekend? Thanks for any info

1 Answer Mar 13, 2006 at 1:23 PM
    • cup0joe's Profile Photo

How do I book train or bus from Paris to Dijon

by cup0joe Online Now Sep 27, 2005 at 10:01 AM

Hello all!
      I am having great difficulty booking train or bus travel from Paris to Dijon. I don't know the exact names of the terminal for departure. The website for booking seems to want exact.
      http://www.sncf.com/indexe.htm

Maybe I can just pruchase tickets in Paris? If so where? Or London in advance?

Also is there a great difference in price booking the slow train verses the fast?

Is it possible to get a quote for slow vs. fast from the same company? Or are they run by different train companies?

I had read that there is a reduced rate for booking 8 days in advance. Which train company might that be with? SNCF or TVG?

Lots of questions. Thanks for any help here! And any hints of nice countryside places around Dijon to take a slow bike ride to...

3 Answers Sep 27, 2005 at 10:54 AM
    • kathymof's Profile Photo

Help with selecting a hotel in Dijon

by kathymof Online Now Sep 24, 2005 at 9:18 PM

Hi

I will be in Dijon for three days, travelling alone and would like to be able to get to the primary sites on foot. I am considering the following hotels:

1. Hotel Les Ducs
      2. Hotel Le Jacquemart
      3. Wilson Hotel
      4. Hotel Kyriad - Center.

Has anyone stayed in one of these or can anyone recommend one on the basis of location?

Thanks - I need all the help I can get on this.

Kathy

2 Answers Oct 10, 2005 at 9:21 PM
    • Vedma's Profile Photo

cheap accomodation in Dijon/surroundings

by Vedma Online Now Jan 21, 2005 at 1:22 AM

Hi there! Me and a friend are going to have a motorbike-trip through Alsace and plan to go also to Dijon. Can anyone tell me about a not so expensive hotel/youth hostel or private rooms in Dijon or even near Dijon? Thanks in advance, Anja

5 Answers Jan 20, 2007 at 9:36 AM
    • Picarello's Profile Photo

Hotels with Secure Parking around Dijon

by Picarello Online Now Jan 12, 2005 at 4:46 AM

I am planning an overnight stay en route from Italy to UK and need a hotel with very secure parking. Any suggestions? Preferably easy access from autoroute.

1 Answer Jan 12, 2005 at 6:45 AM
    • TGV or normal train to trip from Dijón to Paris?

by wisriu Online Now Sep 27, 2004 at 3:02 PM

Dear anyone friend. Please, I would like to known information about of train lines from Dijón to Paris (i.e.: rates, prices, time of journey and other). Best regards. Riupper

1 Answer Sep 28, 2004 at 2:21 AM