Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Szym's Profile Photo

travel info

Beauvais Jan 24, 2015 at 8:09 PM

Hi!
      Heading from Paris to Beauvais in June this Year, am interested in finding out has anyone had
      experience with leaving baggage for a duration of few hours while enjoying the city itself, as well as the
      degree of difficulty in catching a taxi to the airport.

more
    • Corsica request for information

Corsica Jan 7, 2015 at 12:41 PM

Can anyone advise me the first train or bus from Ajaacio to Calvi, we will be arriving 07 Aug at night. We would like to travell that night direct to Calenzana, but having been before I don't think it will be possible. I thought maybe a mini bus taxi but don't have any contacts or information. Any help would be great help

more
    • What are the boundaries of the Naturist Section of Cap D'Agde ?

Le Cap d'Agde Jan 23, 2015 at 6:00 PM

I am having a hard time trying to find a apartment with in the Naturist section
      There are so many streets and different local names. when you ask the
      rental agent or owner it takes almost 48 hrs to get a email reply. then you
      find out the place is not within the city limits. Is there a map or list of streets
      for Cap D'agde Thank you for any info

more
    • rickmatthews's Profile Photo

Driving the West Coast of France?

France Jan 10, 2015 at 1:07 PM

Hi, my wife and I are going to drive up the west coast of France in early June. We hope to fly from Lisbon to Biarritz, rent a car and drive up the coast then to Paris. The only things we have on the agenda are the Dunes and Mount Saint Michel. We are looking for suggestions for interesting places or things. We have approximately 3 weeks before leaving from Paris back to Canada.
      Thank you
      Rick M

more
    • chilena1's Profile Photo

Transportation

Oradour-sur-Glane Jan 17, 2015 at 1:39 PM

I would like to know where to fly to from USA, in order to go to Oradour sur Glane. Nearest airport, nearest city where I can rent a car. Nearest town to book a hotel.
      This would be around mid June 2015.
      Is it easier to fly form other countries in Europe to Oradour? I can always change my itinerary.
      Thanks

more
    • cherbour to brussels

Cherbourg Jan 7, 2015 at 10:55 PM

how can I travel from Cherbourg to Brussels by train

more
    • France Itinerary and route suggestions?

France Jan 6, 2015 at 11:02 AM

We have 3 weeks in France next summer, June 13 thru July 4. I already have the first 2 weeks booked with 7 days in Paris and 7 days in Chamonix. I need to find my way back to Paris over the next 6-7 days. We’ll have a car and are considering a scenic drive across France from Chamonix to Brittney and then back to Paris. I’m looking for suggestions for scenic roads and places to stay. We’re not beach lovers and would like to avoid very crowded places. We like to hike and enjoy the scenery, maybe visit a castle or two.

more
    • tran sport in saint malo

Saint-Malo Jan 1, 2015 at 3:14 AM

Does any buses run on new years day

more
    • Dinan - Mont St-Michel

Dinan Dec 30, 2014 at 12:47 AM

Hi,
      We are travelling to Dinan from Paris via train in May and after some time in Dinan we would like to visit Mont St-Michel. I gather we can perhaps get a bus or even a taxi over , but is anyone able to advise or recommend a guide and or driver based in the area that we could use ?.
      We return to Paris late Pm perhaps from Rennes?.

cheers JS

more
    • Is it possible to walk across bridge over seine from Esplanade de la Defense to Nueilly sur Seine

Paris Jan 25, 2015 at 3:30 PM

Is it possible to walk across bridge over seine from Esplanade de la Defense to Nueilly sur Seine and restaurants in rue de Longchamp

/

more
    • Where to stay in Provence and Paris

France Jan 23, 2015 at 11:17 AM

Hello,

My husband and I (both in our early 30's) will be in France for 7-8 nights in mid May. We will be traveling from Barcelona most likely by train. We want to spend time in Provence. We would like to stay at a farmhouse. We like a mix of being in nature and relaxing, but also like to be close enough to a city that has restaurants and can walk around. We will have a car, and would like to be central enough to be able to take day trips.
      I would love a recommendation of:

-where to stay

- if we should stay in one place the whole time and take day trips or if we should stay in multiple locations
      -What towns should we go to on day trips/anything we need to see?
      - How many days should we spend in Provence and how many should we spend in Paris? We have both been to Paris, but never together, so I don't feel like I need a ton of time there.
      -What is the best area to stay in Paris? I will probably look at AirBnB for a small apartment. We like to be able to walk around, but don't need to be in a super touristy area. We will also be taking the train from here to London before flying back home.

Thanks!
      Nicole

more
    • Ethan55's Profile Photo

Advice on Paris Cocktail week?

Paris Jan 23, 2015 at 7:57 AM

Hey guys, I saw that it's Paris Cocktail Week starting this weekend. Anyone know if it's worth it or just a marketing scam for the bars to get more clients? I found one video talking about it (http://youtu.be/9xEmJENRxK8) but curious to hear other pieces of advice. Thanks!

more
    • Best day to travel/ spend in Lourdes

Lourdes Jan 15, 2015 at 2:16 AM

Hi what is the best day of the week to visit Lourdes given the celebrations? We have the Wed 25th March, Thur 26th March, Fri 27th March and Sat 28th March 2015 as options. What day or days would you recommend? Thanks. Dianne

more
    • Travel from Nantes Airport to Sainte Anne d'Auray

Saint Anne-d'Auray Jan 14, 2015 at 12:22 PM

Hi
      Could you please advise what is the quickest and cheapest wa6 to travel from Nantes Airport to Sainte Anne d'auray

more
    • Beauvais for a two night break

Beauvais Jan 7, 2015 at 3:32 PM

is beauvais nice for a mid week break for a couple? Also,where would you recommend to eat and stay, or is there another town/village that we could take a train to.

Thanks

more
    • Day trip from Paris

Dinan Dec 30, 2014 at 12:13 AM

Hi we are planning a day trip to Dinan from Paris via train in May then to Mont St-Michel can anyone advise or recommend if there are any guides and or drivers available we can use in the area ?
      cheers JS

more
    • Parking in Nancy

Nancy Jan 22, 2015 at 11:14 AM

Hi,

I have two bookings in Nancy and am trying to decide which one to keep. One is in the center of the city (rue Pierre Semard) and the other is on the outskirts (Laxou). I'd much prefer the one in the city, but it doesn't have parking (hotel says "Public parking is available at a nearby location and charges are applicable." Can anyone tell me how far away such parking lots are and how much they charge? We would only need it for one overnight.

Thanks very much.

more
    • Road conditions in Chamoni in April

Chamonix-Mont-Blanc Jan 16, 2015 at 9:20 PM

Hello ,our groups of 7 will visit Chamonix in mid April. We plan to drive to some villages near by like Courmayeur or Les Houches and somewhere else to have a scenic view along the way.
      Will it have a lot of fogs or snow? What the road conditions will be?
      Thanks.

more
    • SylviaA's Profile Photo

Foodie Walking Tour

Paris Jan 7, 2015 at 7:59 PM

Any recommendations for a 3-hour foodie tour in Paris? Thanks!

more
    • alectrevor's Profile Photo

Name of the main city centre rail station

Rouen Jan 20, 2015 at 7:35 AM

Please, what is the name of the main rail station in Rouen France,? Thanks

more
    • snow mountain villages between Paris and Nice

France Jan 18, 2015 at 6:07 PM

We plan to go Paris and Nice in April and would like to stay a night in a snow mountain village. We do not ski just want to have travelling experience and enjoy snow atmosphere.

Read that La Grave is one of the most beautiful village in France and not too difficult to reach from Grenoble.

Can anyone please advise if it s good to stay a night in La Grave or please advise some other nice villages between Paris and Nice. Thanks.

more
    • jmj0's Profile Photo

Aussie couple in Paris for a week in June 2015.

Paris Jan 15, 2015 at 10:52 PM

We are both aged late 60's and have been to beautiful Paris before.We anticipate getting a hotel room (or similar) with a kitchenette so we can do our own cooking sometimes.We love the baguette/goats cheese/red wine on the balcony in the evening.We love the alfresco coffee/dining thing.Just some local knowledge to get the real Parisian experience more so than in the past.Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.Merci.

more
    • February holiday in cap d'agde

Le Cap d'Agde Jan 6, 2015 at 2:25 AM

want to visit cap d'agde in February is any wild parties for cupls?

more
    • Store to purchase small kitchen appliances in Aix en Provence

Aix-en-Provence Jan 2, 2015 at 3:09 AM

Any recommendations of a good store near centre ville to buy small kitchen appliances? I am specifically interested in a small eletric food shopper?

more
    • JA05's Profile Photo

Best (and economical) form of transportation for two seniors from CDG to the Montparnasse

Paris Jan 16, 2015 at 8:13 PM

Hi VTs, My parents (who are over 60) will be arriving at CDG and need to travel to Montparnasse. Aside from the taking the RER and the Taxi, what other options do they have? They need something that is easy. Is there a shuttle bus that drops off multiple people within a certain neighborhood for a reasonable price?

Thank you in advance for your responses. JA05

more
    • Have been to Dijon before visiting again for 9 nights in October 2015

by FrenchFantasy Online Now Oct 23, 2014 at 1:02 AM

Interesting towns to visit nearby without a car have already stayed in Beaune

5 Answers Oct 24, 2014 at 5:48 AM
    • carloarg02's Profile Photo

What to do around train station?

by carloarg02 Online Now Jul 28, 2014 at 2:44 PM

Hi there, I'm getting to Dijon train station around 3:30pm and I am unable to pick up my rental car until 6pm.

What's a good place to spend a couple of hours near the train station? Historical, park, etc?

thanks!

4 Answers Jul 29, 2014 at 8:42 AM
    • Scenic Route from Strasbourg to Dijon

by EricLindemann Online Now Aug 1, 2013 at 11:50 AM

What is a scenic driving toute from Strasbourg to Dijon

4 Answers Aug 1, 2013 at 4:32 PM
    • placido2745's Profile Photo

Train Timetable in English from Dijon Ville to Aiseray

by placido2745 Online Now Jun 16, 2013 at 7:05 AM

Hi, I want to travel by train from Dijon Ville to Aiseray (just south of Dijon). The timetables on the web are only in French. Would somebody be able to help me find a train timetable in English, please? I tried to find an itinerary on: http://www.trains-horaires.com/ but this didn't work for me.
      Regards!

27 Answers Jun 18, 2013 at 1:22 PM
    • Wine tours on your own.

by SpencerP Online Now Apr 2, 2013 at 10:55 AM

We are cycling and based in dijon. What are the best vine yards to visit.

5 Answers Apr 2, 2013 at 12:13 PM
    • Where to stay

by Alex-Odessa Online Now Mar 4, 2013 at 12:43 AM

Hi! Can You recommend some nice place to stay in Dijon from March 15 to March 18?

4 Answers Mar 4, 2013 at 2:18 PM
    • Best scenic route from Paris to Dijon

by jackberry Online Now Nov 23, 2010 at 12:46 PM

I will driving from CDG Paris to Dijon approximately 6 Sept 20011 and was wondering which would be the most scenic route A5, A6 or (D231 and N71 via Troyes)? Any information would be greatly appreciated, do not need to take toll highways.
      Thanks for your input.
      Jack

3 Answers Nov 23, 2010 at 3:35 PM
    • Walking trails

by rukivverh Online Now Oct 17, 2010 at 4:22 PM

Hello everyone,

I will be in Dijon for 2 days in late November. I was wondering if you could recommend any walking trails (along Burgundy channel maybe) for 1/2 day if the weather permits.

I am also interested in short trips by bus/train to nearby villages. Any suggestions are welcome.

Merci beaucoup d'avance.

3 Answers Oct 22, 2010 at 9:52 PM
    • A good night out

by gingercole Online Now Aug 28, 2010 at 9:54 AM

Hi I am visiting Dijon next friday with 9 guys
      We want to visit a few lively bars with some music and a good club
      Any suggestions appreciated
      thanks

• Dijon by bike/a velo

by Gengo Online Now Apr 12, 2010 at 12:58 PM

Bonsoir,

I am planning a day trip to Dijon and I would like to visit some wineries or small towns nearby by push bike. Does anyone know whether this is possible, ie are there any bike paths and wineries within 20-30 kilometres of Dijon?

Je ferai un voyage a Dijon pour un ou deux jours et j'aimerais visiter des vignobles ou un autre petit village, préférablement du moyen âge, a vélo. Est-ce vous savez s'il est possible de le faire? Je veux savoir s'il y a des pistes de vélo et/ou des vignobles a court distance de Dijon (entre 20 et 30 kilomètres).

Thank you!

Merci d'avance!

3 Answers Apr 12, 2010 at 2:50 PM
    • kathymof's Profile Photo

Day trips from Dijon

by kathymof Online Now Apr 3, 2010 at 12:17 PM

I have the opportunity to return to Dijon for a week this summer. I will have 4 afternoons to myself. I have already spent 3 days seeing the wonderful sites in Dijon and have been to Beaune, Montbard and Auxerre. Can you suggest any good half-day trips by train or bus?

10 Answers Apr 5, 2010 at 9:07 PM
    • rusty703's Profile Photo

CDG - Dijon by bus...but which one?

by rusty703 Online Now May 6, 2009 at 10:15 PM

I've seen suggestions to take a bus from CDG to Dijon but no mention of which bus line. Any specific recommendations?

5 Answers Jul 25, 2009 at 9:42 AM
    • byblyofyle's Profile Photo

Restaurant for 18?

by byblyofyle Online Now Mar 31, 2009 at 1:08 AM

I am going to be staying in Dijon as part of a group of 18, including children aged 10 and up. We are staying at the Ibis centre clemenceau. Can anyone recommend a restaurant that could cater for us? To complicate matters it will be Good Friday. Will this cause a problem? Our preference would be for bistro style regional food. Many thanks.

• ursaminorNZ's Profile Photo

Where to stay

by ursaminorNZ Online Now Feb 7, 2009 at 7:50 PM

Bonjour,
      I will be visiting Dijon in June and would like any recommendations for a place to stay. A bed / breakfast or small auberge would be good - I am travellling alone. somewhere I can be involved in day to day life rather than isolated in a backpackers.
      thanks
      Ursula.

2 Answers Feb 22, 2009 at 5:02 AM
    • Northlander's Profile Photo

Going around with car this winter !

by Northlander Online Now Dec 8, 2008 at 11:10 AM

Hi all.
      My girlfriend is going to study 3 months, from Jan. 09 til late April 09, at the Uni in Dijon.
      Luckily enough, I'm able to go with her.
      To be abel to drive around in the region, we plan to take the car. (I know it going to be a long journey trough Scandinavia and Germany.)
      What I would like to know, is what the road conditions are like in central Europe in winter/spring ?? (Like if it's icy, slippery, bare roads etc)
      We would also love to visit Geneve and northern Italy. How about the drive there ?
      In Norway, we have two types of tires. Summer and winter (With spikes)
      I need to change from winter to summer tires in Denmark, since spikes is not allowed in Germany. Should I bring the winter tires to France, or just leave them at friends in Denmark ?

I hope somebody can give me a clue.

Take care,
      Northy

4 Answers Dec 9, 2008 at 11:46 AM
    • Launderette in Dijon

by lindanne Online Now Jul 22, 2008 at 12:39 PM

Does anyone by any chance know of a launderette in Dijon?
      Thanks for any info!

7 Answers Jul 28, 2008 at 2:06 PM
    • Travelling Dijon - Zurich

by dyrrachium Online Now Jun 19, 2008 at 4:59 PM

I need to go to Zurich for a 3 day stay from Dijon. Train tickets for the trip are around 290. I called a Hertz in Dijon and got quoted 105 euros for 3 days. Do you recommend that I drive or should I rather take the train and pay the extra. How hard is it to drive in Europe, especially Dijon - ZUrich?

Please give me your thoughts.

13 Answers Jun 21, 2008 at 10:26 PM
    • aquatic's Profile Photo

A day trip to Beaune from Dijon

by aquatic Online Now Apr 15, 2008 at 9:32 AM

I plan to stay in Dijon for 2 full days. One of them I would love to spend visiting wineries around. I heard that Beaune is a nice town where wineries are actually located. Is it true? If yes, would that be enough just to get to town and explore it on foot? Or I need a car? And how do I get from Dijon to Beaune? It is three of us going and I don't seem to find a guided inexpensive trip to wineries. Any advise?

12 Answers Jul 2, 2009 at 12:45 PM
    • Why Dijon?

by ranger_sez Online Now Nov 21, 2006 at 9:35 PM

What is Dijon best known for? What are some must-see icons and must-do activities? What type of city is Dijon??

Ta =D

5 Answers Jan 20, 2007 at 9:28 AM
    • How to get to Dijon from Strasbourg?

by ranger_sez Online Now Nov 10, 2006 at 3:39 AM

Hi there,

I need to get from Strasbourg to Dijon, what is the best way to do this?

Merci xxxx

2 Answers Apr 26, 2007 at 2:13 PM
    • kenyneo's Profile Photo

Looking for a long lost pen pal in Dijon

by kenyneo Online Now Oct 27, 2006 at 1:27 AM

Dear VT,

This is perhaps the strangest request I have posted here. While clearing some of my old stuff , I chanced upon some letters from a penpal from Dijon that I lost touch with after I moved to Saudi Arabia for work. I have his name and can even find it in the internet, he is teaching in the Gaston-Roupnel College in Dijon. But I dont really know how to contact him . Would appreciate if anyone from Dijon can help me find his email address. Thank you

His name is - Karim Andréys-Kéroui

Thank you very much

Kenny

2 Answers Oct 28, 2006 at 6:53 AM
    • Where to eat

by harriettwright Online Now Oct 7, 2006 at 9:25 AM

I'll be in Dijon for lunch, dinner, breakfast, and lunch again. Can anyone make recommendations for good reasonably priced places to eat in the town center?

Thanks,
      Harriett

7 Answers Jan 20, 2007 at 9:30 AM
    • seoulgirl's Profile Photo

international folkloriades festival

by seoulgirl Online Now Aug 23, 2006 at 1:06 AM

Hi. Should we stay in Beaune or Dijon for the International Folkloriades festival on Sept. 1-4? Or both?

Thanks!

2 Answers Aug 30, 2006 at 9:56 AM
    • Grocery in Dijon

by ASut Online Now Mar 12, 2006 at 9:34 PM

Plan to visit Dijon in April. Since I will be travelling with my daughter who is 1.5 year old, in case of some emergency need that I need to go to a grocery or a pharmacy in the middle of the night. Do they have grocery that opens 24 hours? How about during weekend? Thanks for any info

1 Answer Mar 13, 2006 at 1:23 PM
    • cup0joe's Profile Photo

How do I book train or bus from Paris to Dijon

by cup0joe Online Now Sep 27, 2005 at 10:01 AM

Hello all!
      I am having great difficulty booking train or bus travel from Paris to Dijon. I don't know the exact names of the terminal for departure. The website for booking seems to want exact.
      http://www.sncf.com/indexe.htm

Maybe I can just pruchase tickets in Paris? If so where? Or London in advance?

Also is there a great difference in price booking the slow train verses the fast?

Is it possible to get a quote for slow vs. fast from the same company? Or are they run by different train companies?

I had read that there is a reduced rate for booking 8 days in advance. Which train company might that be with? SNCF or TVG?

Lots of questions. Thanks for any help here! And any hints of nice countryside places around Dijon to take a slow bike ride to...

3 Answers Sep 27, 2005 at 10:54 AM
    • kathymof's Profile Photo

Help with selecting a hotel in Dijon

by kathymof Online Now Sep 24, 2005 at 9:18 PM

Hi

I will be in Dijon for three days, travelling alone and would like to be able to get to the primary sites on foot. I am considering the following hotels:

1. Hotel Les Ducs
      2. Hotel Le Jacquemart
      3. Wilson Hotel
      4. Hotel Kyriad - Center.

Has anyone stayed in one of these or can anyone recommend one on the basis of location?

Thanks - I need all the help I can get on this.

Kathy

2 Answers Oct 10, 2005 at 9:21 PM
    • Vedma's Profile Photo

cheap accomodation in Dijon/surroundings

by Vedma Online Now Jan 21, 2005 at 1:22 AM

Hi there! Me and a friend are going to have a motorbike-trip through Alsace and plan to go also to Dijon. Can anyone tell me about a not so expensive hotel/youth hostel or private rooms in Dijon or even near Dijon? Thanks in advance, Anja

5 Answers Jan 20, 2007 at 9:36 AM
    • Picarello's Profile Photo

Hotels with Secure Parking around Dijon

by Picarello Online Now Jan 12, 2005 at 4:46 AM

I am planning an overnight stay en route from Italy to UK and need a hotel with very secure parking. Any suggestions? Preferably easy access from autoroute.

1 Answer Jan 12, 2005 at 6:45 AM
    • TGV or normal train to trip from Dijón to Paris?

by wisriu Online Now Sep 27, 2004 at 3:02 PM

Dear anyone friend. Please, I would like to known information about of train lines from Dijón to Paris (i.e.: rates, prices, time of journey and other). Best regards. Riupper

1 Answer Sep 28, 2004 at 2:21 AM