Dijon Travel Answers

change location

Best scenic route from Paris to Dijon

by jackberry Online Now Nov 23, 2010 at 12:46 PM

I will driving from CDG Paris to Dijon approximately 6 Sept 20011 and was wondering which would be the most scenic route A5, A6 or (D231 and N71 via Troyes)? Any information would be greatly appreciated, do not need to take toll highways.
Thanks for your input.
Jack

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • ATLC's Profile Photo

Re: Best scenic route from Paris to Dijon

by ATLC Online Now Nov 23, 2010 at 12:48 PM

Roads with 'A' is motorway and large parts are toll. You don't see very much.
    Take N or D roads which is nice but will take longer. Then you pass through smaller towns and countryside.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • ATLC's Profile Photo

by ATLC Online Now Nov 23, 2010 at 12:51 PM

Since you are naming road numbers, I assume you have been studying some maps.
    If you haven't found this already: www.viamichelin.com is an excellent site since it also includes sightseeing.
    I have been using the Michelin guides and maps for decades. The website is a very welcome addition to prepare for your journey.

• Beausoleil's Profile Photo

by Beausoleil Online Now Nov 23, 2010 at 3:35 PM

Use the Michelin web site ATLC gave you and choose "Economical" or "Sightseeing" as your filters.

To be honest, you almost can't choose a bad route heading to Dijon. The countryside is just beautiful. I would prefer the more southerly route through Auxerre, and do stop and enjoy this beautiful town.

While you are in the area, Beaune and Autun are both wonderful stops. Next to Paris, Dijon is our favorite city in France so I hope you have a terrific time there.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines