Dijon Travel Answers

change location

Dijon by bike/a velo

by Gengo Online Now Apr 12, 2010 at 12:58 PM

Bonsoir,

I am planning a day trip to Dijon and I would like to visit some wineries or small towns nearby by push bike. Does anyone know whether this is possible, ie are there any bike paths and wineries within 20-30 kilometres of Dijon?

Je ferai un voyage a Dijon pour un ou deux jours et j'aimerais visiter des vignobles ou un autre petit village, préférablement du moyen âge, a vélo. Est-ce vous savez s'il est possible de le faire? Je veux savoir s'il y a des pistes de vélo et/ou des vignobles a court distance de Dijon (entre 20 et 30 kilomètres).

Thank you!

Merci d'avance!

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Pomerol's Profile Photo

Re: Dijon by bike/a velo

by Pomerol Online Now Apr 12, 2010 at 1:41 PM

On the road between Dijon and Beaune (N74-30 km) you will find scores of wineries, including some of the most prestigious wines in the world (Romanée-Conti, Chambertin etc). You will go through many villages including Gevrey-Chambertin, Vosne-Romanée, Nuits St Georges etc.

I can't remember if there is a speicif bike path but you shoudl be able to cycle easily along the road.

You will find this quite enjoyable.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • pedroswift's Profile Photo

by pedroswift Online Now Apr 12, 2010 at 2:43 PM

Dijon is on the Canal de Bourgogne and canals have tow paths that usually provide easy motortraffic-free cycling. Chateauneuf-en-Auxois west of Dijon would be slightly more than 30kms from Dijon but the chateau and the countryside is worth the ride & one often sees orgainized groups cycling the tow path to visit. (no wineries of which I'm aware)
    burgundy-canal.com/v/chateau...

• Beausoleil's Profile Photo

by Beausoleil Online Now Apr 12, 2010 at 2:50 PM

I have no idea what a "push bike" is, but presuming it is an ordinary (to me) bicycle that you pedal, there is a path along the Burgundy Canal. The canal goes directly through Dijon so you should have no trouble finding it. If you bicycle west toward Chateauneuf, the bike path goes through gorgeous countryside. At Dijon it is pretty much a combination of the Ouche River and Burgundy Canal. The path appears to start around Talant on the edge of Dijon. We've only explored it in the Chateauneuf area so I can't tell you where to start in Dijon. Perhaps someone else where can give you directions . . . or someone at the Tourist Office.

There is another bike path south of Beaune that might have more vineyards along it. You can pick it up at Chagny and head southwest toward St. Leger along the Canal du Centre. This isn't as long but you would be stopping at wineries anyway. ;^)

There is a lot of information at burgundytoday.com/sporting-a...

You can also put in a route on Michelin.com and choose bicycle on the menu. They will give you a little map (click on it to change the route) and written directions along with the distance. http://www.viamichelin.com/

Have fun.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines