Dijon Travel Answers

change location

Launderette in Dijon

by lindanne Online Now Jul 22, 2008 at 12:39 PM

Does anyone by any chance know of a launderette in Dijon?
Thanks for any info!

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • pedroswift's Profile Photo

Re: Launderette in Dijon

by pedroswift Online Now Jul 22, 2008 at 4:01 PM

Rue Berbisey €7 for a big load (2006) €2 dryer. But Dijon being a university town there will be plenty of others. happy washing de p.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Launderette in Dijon

by lindanne Online Now Jul 22, 2008 at 11:36 PM

Thank you for telling me about this. Whereabouts is the road that you said?

by pedroswift Online Now Jul 22, 2008 at 11:58 PM

OK. I suggest you use an internet mapping program
    viamichelin.com/viamichelin/...
    put that in your Bookmarks 'cause you can use it a lot in your trip planning.
    When it eventually loads up in the top left hand box "Maps" Scroll to country "France" then type in address - Rue Berbisey Town - "Dijon 21000" if you just put Dijon that would do but like most places in France place names are duplicated so you would select the number one choice Dijon Cote D'or. Result is a map of Dijon You can alter the scale and drag the map with mouse to recentre it if required.. There should be a round cursor (purple coloured) over the street selected.
    Berbisey is south east of Dijon Railway Station.
    You can use Viamichelin to plan your route if you are driving. Hope this helps de p.

by lindanne Online Now Jul 23, 2008 at 3:01 AM

Thank you. The ViaMichelin site looks really good. If you choose the 'sightseeing' route to get from one town to another, I understand that you then have the most scenic route. Is that right? What does the Michelin recommended route mean?

by pedroswift Online Now Jul 23, 2008 at 4:14 AM

From the site - The "recommended" route type focuses on road safety and comfort while offering a good compromise between time and distance. Of course the other options: quickest;shortest; economical; sightseeing.
    I've not used the site a lot myself. Usually checking my paper maps held at home to get some idea of where we will be going plus all the options on what to see and then when on the road making last minute decisions on the route depending on time/ weather etc.
    If you are driving in Bourgogne there's a wealth of sight seeing to do. Depends upon what you have an interest in or a passion. Wine, History, art, geography etc. Dijon is great. Been there several times. I have a restaurant tip on my Dijon page-it's on rue Monge. We usually make a detour just to go there. Rue Monge is north of and parallel to the R.Berbisey. There are several other eating places there.

• happyindijon's Profile Photo

by happyindijon Online Now Jul 28, 2008 at 7:27 AM

If you're "Sivan" on TA forum I answered your question there and also the one about Dijon market.
    Welcome to Dijon :-)

by lindanne Online Now Jul 28, 2008 at 2:06 PM

Thanks! Yes, I am also 'Sivan'! : )

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines