Dijon Travel Answers

change location
seoulgirl's Profile Photo

international folkloriades festival

by seoulgirl Online Now Aug 23, 2006 at 1:06 AM

Hi. Should we stay in Beaune or Dijon for the International Folkloriades festival on Sept. 1-4? Or both?

Thanks!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Beausoleil's Profile Photo

RE: international folkloriades festival

by Beausoleil Online Now Aug 23, 2006 at 5:01 PM

Dijon and Beaune are both wonderful. Dijon is a city and Beaune is a smaller town so it depends on what you want. If there is a festival in Dijon, it might be difficult to find a place to stay. However, if you find one and there is a festival, it might be more fun to just stay in Dijon and enjoy the city and the festival. You can always come back and visit Beaune.

Dijon has a very nice Beaux Arts museum if you are interested. There are lots of things to do and excellent restaurants. We usually stay in Beaune and go to Dijon as a side trip but we've never gone to a festival in Dijon. That would make a difference.

If you can't find a place in Dijon, the Hotel Grillon in Beaune is where we stay and it is small, lovely, friendly and quite inexpensive. http://www.hotel-grillon.fr/ Mme. Grillon makes a great kir BTW. 8^)

Type Dijon into the VT search window above and see what you find for hotel tips. Then type Beaune into the VT search window and check those hotel tips.

I hope you have a great trip.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • happyindijon's Profile Photo

RE: international folkloriades festival

by happyindijon Online Now Aug 30, 2006 at 9:56 AM

Hi :-)
    Hope it is not too late to say Dijon festival will take place only on the 2nd and 3rd of september this year. The festival is now supposed to be every 2 year but obviously I'm glad to to see there is a shorter version anyway this year!(seems to be mostly French groups)
    If you can read French www.fetesdelavigne.com

Accommodations (hotels, self catering acc...) can be found on www.cotedor-tourisme.com

Please check my website and click on the camera or on the wine festival photo to see lots of pictures http://82.235.93.13/jacquin/videos_and_pictures.htm

welcome! :-)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines