Dijon Travel Answers

change location
kathymof's Profile Photo

Help with selecting a hotel in Dijon

by kathymof Online Now Sep 24, 2005 at 9:18 PM

Hi

I will be in Dijon for three days, travelling alone and would like to be able to get to the primary sites on foot. I am considering the following hotels:

1. Hotel Les Ducs
2. Hotel Le Jacquemart
3. Wilson Hotel
4. Hotel Kyriad - Center.

Has anyone stayed in one of these or can anyone recommend one on the basis of location?

Thanks - I need all the help I can get on this.

Kathy

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • happyindijon's Profile Photo

RE: Help with selecting a hotel in Dijon

by happyindijon Online Now Oct 10, 2005 at 4:48 AM

Hi Kathy, did you have a look at reviews in tripadvisor, you can find all these hotels. tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g1871...
    I would say that Les Ducs and le Jacquemart are located in the old part of Dijon, Kyriad is near the railway station, and the Wilson is a bit away in the south.
    Have a look at www.cotedor-tourisme.com you'll find them and a lot more. why don't you consider renting a self catering accommodation? You'll just be like home and do your own cooking with food bought at the morning market. you can find some on cote d'or tourisme website. they call them "meublé de tourisme" they are like gîtes in town.
    Welcome to Dijon! :-))
    corinne

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • kathymof's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Help with selecting a hotel in Dijon

by kathymof Online Now Oct 10, 2005 at 9:21 PM

Thank you so much. I am actually going to be in Dijon for just three nights and that is why I was going to stay in a hotel. I will be staying in gites for 12 days before that - I am looking at stuff through Gites-de-France and want to rent something in the area between Vezelay and Montbard to see all the wonders up there - that will be for a week. Then I was going to rent another one for a week (but only stay 5 nights) somewhere south of Beaune and north of Chalon-sur-Soane. I much prefer self-catering over hotels as I eat too much when I stay in hotels and a self-catering gives you so much more room. I did see a place in Dijon called City Loft that has self-catering by the night but it got some pretty bad reviews on cleanliness so I scratched it off my list. These will be the last three days of my 33 days of travelling alone in France and Switzerland and figured I might stay in a quaint hotel where I can just walk easily to all the main sites. I also love bed and breakfast but don't seem to be able to find any in the old town area of Dijon. What do you think?

Kathy

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines