Dijon Travel Answers

change location
Vedma's Profile Photo

cheap accomodation in Dijon/surroundings

by Vedma Online Now Jan 21, 2005 at 1:22 AM

Hi there! Me and a friend are going to have a motorbike-trip through Alsace and plan to go also to Dijon. Can anyone tell me about a not so expensive hotel/youth hostel or private rooms in Dijon or even near Dijon? Thanks in advance, Anja

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • Beausoleil's Profile Photo

Re: cheap accomodation in Dijon/surroundings

by Beausoleil Online Now Jan 21, 2005 at 8:51 PM

Hi. Great idea for a trip. For inexpensive accomodations try http://www.france.com and click on the "Hostels" button on the far right side of your screen. You might also want to check Logis de France at http://www.logis-de-france.fr/uk/ They are a chain of small family-owned hotels in France. They come in all price ranges and some are specifically for bike riders (although this is bicycles, it serves the same purpose). Don't forget to rub the little owl on the side of Notre Dame while in Dijon. Facing the cathedral, go down the street to your left. Wait and you'll see others reach up and rub the corner of the building. That is a very worn down (and now varnished) owl. It's good luck and means you'll return. It's also fun.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Vedma's Profile Photo

Re: Re: cheap accomodation in Dijon/surroundings

by Vedma Online Now Jan 24, 2005 at 1:17 AM

Thank you, I'll check the websites and think that will help for the whole trip, not only for Dijon. And of course I'll go to tht owl, that sounds like a funny habit! Best, Anja

• RE: cheap accomodation in Dijon/surroundings

by zapata1 Online Now Jan 20, 2007 at 9:35 AM

This place looks just what your looking for - burgundyeye.com/accommodatio...

• RE: RE: cheap accomodation in Dijon/surroundings

by zapata1 Online Now Jan 20, 2007 at 9:36 AM

• RE: RE: cheap accomodation in Dijon/surroundings

by zapata1 Online Now Jan 20, 2007 at 9:36 AM

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines