Dhaka Travel Answers

change location
anitayusof's Profile Photo

VISA AND STOPOVER

by anitayusof Online Now Aug 22, 2007 at 9:19 PM

Hello,
I'm flying from Kuala Lumpur to Delhi with Biman Air and will have a few hours transit (connwcting flight, also with Biman)in Dhaka. I would like to take this opportunity to have a Dhaka city tour. My questions are, do I have to apply for visa or only transit visa, and do I need to pay a stopover fees ? How much is it ? Advices welcomed. TQ.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • vabla's Profile Photo

Re: VISA AND STOPOVER

by vabla Online Now Aug 23, 2007 at 8:41 AM

Well...sadly speaking...from yesterday because of unavoiadable reasons, the givernment here has imposed state of emergency. Flood and political uprest! However, at this point i don't think you would be able to go out of the airport. Beasides, just to look around dhaka in only an hour won't give you any clear idea about the country. The country is very diverse and things greatly differ from one city to another. And yes, you need a transit visa.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • anitayusof's Profile Photo

Re: VISA AND STOPOVER

by anitayusof Online Now Aug 25, 2007 at 10:30 PM

Hello there,
    Thanks for the reply, but I'm not coming now. I will be there in December, hopefully there will be no flood then. The city tour is for about 4 hours. Where would you suggest me to visit ? Thanks.

• Re: VISA AND STOPOVER

by Barbies Online Now Jan 27, 2009 at 1:28 AM

Hi Anita,
    I just read your post from 2007, so it's been a while, but I was curious if you ended up taking a sightseeing tour. I'm planning to do a one-day sightseeing tour at the end of february and tips from all travelers would be very welcome.
    Thanks!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines