Dhahran

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Rental for 4 wheelers

by MasterMaddie Online Now Apr 29, 2014 at 4:05 PM

How much in your experiences does renting a 4 wheeler cost?

1 Answer May 27, 2014 at 11:27 PM
    • questions about aramco dhahran activities for girls

by shougfab Online Now Apr 20, 2014 at 6:52 AM

Where can I find karate lessons, horse-riding lessons, climbing lessons and hiphop classes in aramco ?
      Gimme numbers please or send me an email with what you know. Thanks

• Day off tomorrow, in need of advice.

by Moonchester Online Now Oct 14, 2013 at 6:17 AM

In Dhahran, staying at a hotel. We are all working in a show in one of the Mall's nearby. However, we wanted to go to the beach today but that didn't happen. Please can someone advise which/where/how we can spend the day at a beach. We're all English and have been touring for the past 3 weeks.

• Lothersdale's Profile Photo

Swimming in Dhahran

by Lothersdale Online Now Sep 26, 2013 at 10:49 AM

Hello,

I'm going to work for Aramco based in Dhahran. I'me one of these nuts who swims 5-6k every morning, preferably in a 50m pool (with a coffee shop half way down!)

Best places to swim? Any restrictions on who can swim?

Thanks ever so much

Chris

1 Answer Sep 26, 2013 at 11:02 AM
    • Visiting to Dharhran

by kittyeee Online Now Aug 11, 2013 at 3:31 AM

I'm coming to Dhahran during 17-20/Aug 2013 total 5 people! Please suggest which hotel is good and we would like to hire a Mandairn speaking guide & car together with us duiring our stay at Dharhran!
      We're Chinese from Beijing to get over here! How can we contact for arrange our trip!

Thank you so much!

• Living cost.

by Comsianlark Online Now Aug 4, 2013 at 12:20 AM

I wanted to ask about the cost of living in Dhahran.My husband has a grant of 20000 SAR ,and I am very unsure wether it'll cover our families expenses.

1 Answer Aug 4, 2013 at 3:27 AM
    • gpb1964's Profile Photo

Arriving May 2013.....

by gpb1964 Online Now Mar 12, 2013 at 12:27 PM

48 year old single man (British) arriving in May to work at Aramco. As ever I have a million questions; here are a few...
      1) What sports/gym facilities are there?
      2) Satellite TV?
      3) Best place to live, Dhahran or nearer the beach?
      4) Social side for a single men?
      5) Squash club?
      6) Can I bring my dog over?
      7) I've read some where that there is a 'canteen' stlye place within the compound seeling food all day/eve. Is this true? great for bachelor man :-)
      8) Clothing? what is the dress code in the Aramco Offices (Training)?
      9) Dress code out of office?

Any other advise etc would be gratefully appreciated

Graham

• Safety Info???

by millermom09 Online Now Feb 14, 2012 at 2:16 PM

Hi, my husband recently accepted a job offer there for ksa. He's been there 2 weeks now and loves it. Myself and our two girls are not allowed to come til after early may. My oldest is 5 and not his biological daughter. Her real father, who has had little contact with her does not want her to go. Can you please tell me how safety for children and Americans are over there? People over here in America see it as dangerous, or in the south anyways, and I'm not sure why when no one has actually been there? HELP?! Thank you!!

15 Answers Feb 18, 2012 at 7:52 PM
    • Family place

by Msadaqah Online Now Jan 6, 2012 at 5:57 PM

Hi all,

I live in Europe and there's potential to move to Dhahran.

Is it a place to live normal live or it's strict like any area in Saudi?

Can a lady drive her car ?

How far is it from Bahrain?

Thanks in Advace for you feedback

Regards

2 Answers Feb 18, 2012 at 7:55 PM
    • gmy5824's Profile Photo

No Beer

by gmy5824 Online Now Sep 4, 2011 at 12:30 PM

I am a nurse (RN-MSN) looking at a position in Dhahran - I read the con "no beer" is it correct there is no alcohol in the entire country?
      bert

6 Answers Sep 5, 2011 at 2:37 AM
    • Weather in Dhahran

by missmf Online Now Apr 30, 2008 at 7:58 AM

I was wondering about the weather in Dhahran? I have applied for a position in Saudi Arabia. I've looked at different blogs, and they all say different things regarding the weather. Some say that the average temperatures in summer is around 96 degrees. others say up to 110 or 120 degrees farenheit. I just read one a few minutes ago that said it could get up to 150 degrees farenheit.

The highest recorded temperature in the world is supposed to have been 122 degrees. So I'm confused.

3 Answers May 11, 2008 at 3:05 AM
    • Search for nearest airport.

by tanjung Online Now Jan 2, 2008 at 4:54 AM

I am looking for nearest International airport to Al Jubail? I have to fly from Singapore.

2 Answers Sep 19, 2008 at 11:05 PM
    • AA meetings

by Billy_Mac Online Now Sep 14, 2007 at 8:14 AM

I have a friend who is travelling to Saudi within the next 2 months probably & would like to hear of any meetings in the dharhan area where she will be living & working.
      She was in touch with someone in AA over there but they have lost touch.
      Any information on this would be most gratefully recieved .

1 Answer Sep 14, 2007 at 8:56 AM
    • contact information for western psychiatrists in khobar/dhahran?

by three_sets_of_twins Online Now Jul 7, 2007 at 12:23 AM

Does anyone PLEASE have the contact info for any western therpists in the khobar/ dhahran area? Doesnt nessesaarily HAVE to be western but she does have to be a woman. I know there are many arab male ones around but I'd be more comfortable with a western, and a woman, since the 2 male arab ones (no offense intended to anyone) told me I should be content cleaning and cooking for my husband.....
      Thank you very much in advance.

7 Answers Mar 16, 2009 at 6:54 AM
    • Multiple Entry/Exit visa for King Fahd causway

by Alhamdulillah Online Now Mar 22, 2007 at 10:15 AM

Hi,

I have heard about a Multiple Entry/Exit visa for the King Fahd causway which is valid for 6 months & cost 500 riyals. Does anyone have this? How & where does one get it from? If not then is there any other visa which will allow Multuple Entry/Exit on King Fahd causway?

Thanks

2 Answers Mar 25, 2007 at 3:59 AM
    • safety, pets, amenities

by Leslieand Online Now Dec 5, 2006 at 7:42 PM

Will I be able to bring my German Shephard dog and do the townhouses and modules have fenced in yards? Is she safe there?

Are we safe there as Americans? Are people still leaving because of safety concerns? Are there more Saudis in the compound and how do they feel about the Americans?

How much are groceries and are there a lot of veggies and fruits and natural foods like brown rice flour and soy milk? If not can I order food by the case to be shipped to me?

Is there a library? A fitness club with exercise machines and weight machines?

Are there religious services in the compound? How tolerate would the compound be of a Buddhist?

Thanks!

4 Answers Dec 25, 2008 at 4:29 PM
    • Buddhism

by Lesliean Online Now Oct 23, 2006 at 12:39 PM

We are considering a job in Dhahran. Is there a Buddhist community there?
      Thanks

2 Answers Dec 11, 2006 at 12:54 PM
    • weather

by Saaba Online Now Oct 22, 2006 at 8:26 AM

Hi All,
      We are planning to be in Dhahran by the end of December. What is the temperature at this time of the year. When does it start getting really warm there. Secondly my husband has been offered a grade code 13, what category of grade code is it in terms of seniority.How many holidays does Aramco give its employees on the two eids.

Cheers,
      Saaba

1 Answer Oct 22, 2006 at 2:21 PM
    • DVD Player - play NTSC?

by louisryoshin1 Online Now Aug 15, 2006 at 10:38 AM

Do the inexpensive DVD players you sell play DVD's in the NTSC Format? How much are they? Brand Name = Model number? Thanks.

1 Answer Aug 17, 2006 at 4:42 AM
    • Life & work in SAK

by guilhermejr Online Now Jun 1, 2004 at 6:03 AM

I´d like to make contact with an engineer who works for Saudi Aramco. I´m considering to try a position in this company and I have many questions about living and working in SAK. Thanks for any help.

15 Answers Jun 29, 2004 at 4:28 AM