Dhahran Travel Answers

change location

Weather in Dhahran

by missmf Online Now Apr 30, 2008 at 7:58 AM

I was wondering about the weather in Dhahran? I have applied for a position in Saudi Arabia. I've looked at different blogs, and they all say different things regarding the weather. Some say that the average temperatures in summer is around 96 degrees. others say up to 110 or 120 degrees farenheit. I just read one a few minutes ago that said it could get up to 150 degrees farenheit.

The highest recorded temperature in the world is supposed to have been 122 degrees. So I'm confused.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • george5b's Profile Photo

Re: Weather in Dhahran

by george5b Online Now Apr 30, 2008 at 8:49 AM

When I was in Dharan last August, the temperature on landing at the airport (5 PM) was 48°C (118°F). Temperatures in the mid 40°Cs are not at all unusual for that time of year.

>highest recorded temperature in the world is supposed to have been 122 degrees.

As far as I know the highest ever temperature recorded was 136°F (58°C)

see ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/climate/glo...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • ricky52's Profile Photo

by ricky52 Online Now Apr 30, 2008 at 5:12 PM

Trying to predict the weather can be difficult because of local on the day variations.
    This information should be used as a guide only.
    Here is the average weather for Dhahran for this time of year.
    Enjoy your holiday.

Temperatures vary from:-
    High 68f / 20c to 108f / 42c
    Low 50f / 10c to 84f / 29c

Rain from:-
    0.00in / 0.0mm to 0.80in / 20.4mm

Always hot with little or no rain.

• Mahmood_Siddiqui's Profile Photo

by Mahmood_Siddiqui Online Now May 11, 2008 at 3:05 AM

Actually temperature is well within 40s most of the time in summer, however, its temperaure with humidity that makes it "appear" higher, hence "apparent temperature". Late July and early August can be quite humid with high temperatures.

Google "Heat Index" and press "I'm feeling lucky button" (ironic, isn't it!). This will take you to a wikipedia article that explains how Dhahran recorded an apprent temperature of 176oF on a pleasent day in 2003.

But other than July and August, its not bad. On top of that almnost everything is air conditioned. House, car, shopping malls, rec centers.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines