Dhahab

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• snorkeling

Sharm El Sheikh Jul 13, 2014 at 6:08 AM

which hotel in sharks bay has the best jetty for snorkeling?

more
    • December Naama Bay

Sharm El Sheikh 18 hours ago

Hi me and my bestfriend are travelling december the 1st this year, we have never been before and are unsure what to expect, will it be hot enough to tan?
      anything we need to be aware of thanks

Tanzi and Bex

more
    • sharm holiday

Sharm El Sheikh Jul 10, 2014 at 6:12 AM

Looking to stay at savoy on all inclusive is it worth booking it before we travel or cheaper in resort.

more
    • how safe to travel now?

Sharm El Sheikh Jun 30, 2014 at 1:16 PM

Worried about holiday in sharm el sheik. Is it safe to go with my famly? I am travelling this week !!

more
    • Worried about money !

Sharm El Sheikh Jun 25, 2014 at 11:54 PM

hey,, is 600$ enough for 8 days ? i am going in 4 days !! thanks

more
    • So worried about holiday

Sharm El Sheikh Jun 24, 2014 at 1:48 PM

Worried about holiday in sharm el sheik. Booked last minute and paid for holiday but have now researched on Internet and am worried we will be like prisoners in hotel cos of security and recommended no go areas. Too late to cancel and should be looking forward to a week away but am in fact almost dreading it. Any advice from anybody in a similar situation would be appreciated. Thank you.

more
    • Is it really safe to travel to Sharm at the moment ??

Sharm El Sheikh Jul 20, 2014 at 11:17 AM

I am due to travel to Sharm on 7th August with my husband and two young boys but am debating whether to cancel it all. So upsetting as would loose a lot of money and was our 1st family holiday. From looking at the news it just doesn't seem safe. Im traveling from UK and would have thought the travel agents would have told me of risks but guess they don't care as long as they get their cut and gets more people flying into Egypt as I guess those numbers must be dwindling... Only myself to blame, gutted. Hotel looks really nice too :(

more
    • Haiman's Profile Photo

Planing to Visit Dahab 9/2011

by Haiman Online Now Aug 4, 2011 at 10:39 AM

Hey any one know best place in Dahab coz i'm planing to visit it on 9/2011 so any suggestion ?...by the way i live in Alex , Egypt but it's my first time going there..thanks

1 Answer Jun 12, 2013 at 6:03 PM
    • succotash's Profile Photo

Meeting locals

by succotash Online Now Jun 29, 2011 at 5:19 AM

As previously independant travellers we've been seduced by a bargain flight/b&b at a resort hotel at the end of July.
      If the boys (15 & 13) want to escape the compound and take a bus into Dahab to find some lads for a kickabout, is there a piece of open ground where the sporty locals tend to hang out? Alternatively are there local housing areas within walking distance of the gates of the Hilton?
      Assuming they need to carry ID, I take it that a photocopy of their passport and a contact number of the hotel sufficient? Are there public phones on the streets if they have a problem and if so what change do they need to carry to use them?
      The boys only have a word or two of Arabic, but do they teach either English or French in schools here?
      Apologies for the jumbled myriad of queries and thanks in advance for any help you can give.

2 Answers Jun 12, 2013 at 6:06 PM
    • Sea Pioneer Dive Center - Dahab

by rinoa Online Now May 16, 2009 at 4:52 AM

Hello,

After checking and exhcnaging emails back and forth with several dive centers based in Dahab, Sea Pioneer Dive center offered the cheapest prices. They were also very kind and replied positively to our personal request for the diving. So before deciding I wanted to ask if any of you knows this place? Is it as good as it looks? Any other recommendations? I all checked some popular centers such as penguen, fantasia etc but didnt like their options.

Sinai Divers also offers a good price (35 euro per person for introductory dive), would you recommend this one?

thanks in advance

• Weather and Wind in June

by valry Online Now Apr 5, 2008 at 9:29 AM

Hi,me and my partner are thinking of going to Dhahab at the beginning of June.Has anyone any idea what the weather will be like ie how hot will it be and how strong are the winds?Is there a market?and finally any further views on the Tropital Hotel as we have been offered a good all inclusive deal.

2 Answers Apr 7, 2008 at 5:59 AM
    • Where to go in Gulf of Aquaba

by spacecandi123 Online Now Oct 11, 2007 at 2:53 PM

Hi I hope to travel to Sharm El Sheihk in a couple of weeks. Its a last minute trip and I haven't really got much of a clue what I'm doing so any advice would be really appreciated. My plan is to get there, spend a couple of days relaxing, learning to dive and hopefully some yoga. I'm flexible where I go but want to avoid any really touristy, over developed and degraded areas. I'll pop over to israel for a few days and then come back for more sea, sun and swim afterwards. I don;t really plan to do any major hiking around as I only have about 8 days there.

Can anyone advise me on the best area to head for. I'm a woman travelling alone so somewhere relatively safe and welcoming would be good. Is dahab the best place on the coast?

Does anyone know how long it takes to travel from Sharm airport to Dahab? and Dahab to Eilat? and finaly, is it a better idea to book accommodation in advance or search on arrival?

I really hope someone out there has got some advice for me.

Thanks for your help!

Candice

2 Answers Oct 22, 2007 at 2:27 PM
    • Realtime weather in Dhahab.

by iReal Online Now May 3, 2007 at 12:15 AM

Realtime weather data.
      http://dahabmeteo.com/
      Useful info travel planning...

2 Answers May 3, 2007 at 4:43 AM
    • Vabate's Profile Photo

PADI

by Vabate Online Now Mar 21, 2007 at 3:16 PM

Has anyone completed their Adv. Padi in Dhahab? I'm looking for a Dive Shop, prefer instructor with French qualified, CMAS, background.

• kingtoth

by kingtoth Online Now Mar 18, 2007 at 10:11 AM

My husband and I (oldish but enthusiastic) are seeking a new, 2-bedroom apartment in Dhahab for one week beginning 29 Dec 07. We want an area close to town and beaches. Any suggestions?

1 Answer May 3, 2007 at 1:38 AM
    • beaches in dahab

by marina53 Online Now Mar 8, 2007 at 7:15 AM

I am a very beach person, not interested in snorkling, because I cannot snorkle. I am planning a trip to the Read Sea area, and I would like to know if the beach in Dahab worths going there. It looks quite brown in the pictures! Is Sharm more beautifull? I hate package tours and it seems that this is the only option for Sharm. Could anybody advise?

5 Answers Mar 17, 2007 at 2:05 AM
    • sc780913's Profile Photo

How easy is it to go from Dhahab to Petra?

by sc780913 Online Now Oct 4, 2006 at 9:12 PM

My friend and I will be leaving our tour group in Dhahab and hope to travel to Petra. How easy is it? I believe we will be at Nuweiba early morning and was hoping to spend less than 2 days before we have to be back in Cairo for our flight. Is this possible? Help? Thank you.

2 Answers Apr 17, 2007 at 2:53 PM
    • Is this in the beach walk?

by eltoromanolo Online Now Jul 17, 2006 at 4:06 AM

Thank for your advices both of you I´ve been once in Dahab, for only a couple of hours, where the beach walk is and the beach bars, are those places you are recomended in that area?
      Thanks

2 Answers Jul 19, 2006 at 12:46 AM
    • accomodation?

by eltoromanolo Online Now Jul 16, 2006 at 10:27 AM

Any suggestion about where to stay for one night in Dahab?
      We are looking for something cheap.

1 Answer Jul 16, 2006 at 1:03 PM