Dewey Beach Travel Answers

change location

Where to stay?

by Action391 Online Now Apr 13, 2006 at 11:53 AM

I'm looking for a house in Dewey Beach for 8-10 people at the end of July/beginning of August. Do I need to worry about neighbors complaining about us being too loud? Are there certain areas where mostly people just out of college tend to stay, and are there quieter areas that I should avoid? Any suggestions would be great, I've never been to Dewey before. Thanks.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Care824's Profile Photo

RE: Where to stay?

by Care824 Online Now Apr 13, 2006 at 12:08 PM

Here's a good networking site for you to find a house. http://www.beachhousebook.com

From what I've been told, noise isn't a problem. Practically the entire neighborhood will be filled with partying professionals every weekend. I was already attached when I got to the area and found out about Dewey, or I might have gone in for a share on a house. Sounds like a lot of fun!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: RE: Where to stay?

by Action391 Online Now Apr 13, 2006 at 1:13 PM

OK, thanks. I'm just not sure if we should be weary about getting a condo or townhouse (as opposed to a whole house for ourselves) for fear of noise complaints. It sounds like most people in the area are there to party, though. Any other thoughts from anyone?

• ellielou's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Where to stay?

by ellielou Online Now Apr 13, 2006 at 2:47 PM

I don't think you have to worry....Dewey is just like one great big frat house....you'll see!

• Re: Where to stay?

by scranton Online Now Jun 16, 2008 at 7:06 PM

A friend and I are coming down to see Kristen and the noise and Mr Greengenes on labor day weekend. Kristen was born in our area (Scranton, Pa) so it's great to come and see our hometown girl rip it up. We are also coming down for our first visit but we are VERY excited for what lyes ahead. Unfortunately, Our area's nightlife is destroyed. So we have to travel to see kristen play. I am hopeing for a rather rad time. hopefully We can meet up with some people at a house party and hangout. If not, Its all good.
    Mike,
    Scranton,pa

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines