change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Boohawk13's Profile Photo

Brit Rail Pass - 2nd Class vs 1st Class

London 1 hours ago

Going to be in UK and Scotland for two weeks including London for a week.. Getting Brit Rail pass for all our travel including doing day train trips out from our London base. Trying to decide if should do 2nd class or 1st class. Main thoughts are on getting 1st class is that for the longer trips seems like would be nicer and when in London may be using trains at same times as commuters and was told better chance of getting seats. Would love to hear experiences from other travelers who have used a Brit Rail in the two classes. Thanks.

more
    • wimbledon-things to do?

Wimbledon 8 hours ago

what is there do see or do if there is no tennis

more
    • Nightlife in Eastbourne

Eastbourne 8 hours ago

What are the options for best nightlife in eastbourne during easter weekend

more
    • resturants

Porlock Mar 31, 2014 at 4:01 PM

did there used to be a fish resturant in porlock

more
    • Separately booked flights - Checked bag collection

Heathrow 5 hours ago

I have booked my flights separately (coming in and going out of LHR). Do I need to exit the transit area, means do I need go through immigration/customs just to collect my checked bags and board the next flight?
      Thank you for your help and time!

more
    • Hotel & Airport Transport

Southampton Apr 9, 2014 at 5:23 PM

Flying into Heathrow in early October for a 14-day roundtrip cruise from Southampton. My friend and I will need a good decently priced hotel for a night or two and also a good transportation company to and from Heathrow to Southampton and return trip.

more
    • resturants

Porlock Mar 31, 2014 at 3:56 PM

did there used to be a fish resturant in porlock or on the hill

more
    • HEATHROW T3

Heathrow 23 hours ago

I m holding an Indian passport and a valid US M1 Visa .. i am having a 18hrs long layover at London .. DO I need a transit visa to stay inside the airport as well ???? Thanks in advance !!

more
    • jbinllb's Profile Photo

Accommodations

London Apr 7, 2014 at 3:40 PM

Tossing around the idea of picking up a pair of tickets to the Monty Python show at the O2 in July, most probably on the 20th. My son (27) and I (57) would be attending together, and spending 4 or 5 days in London, arriving by air to either Heathrow or Gatwick. Looking for suggestions for accommodations - easy access from/to the airport would be nice, easy access to the O2 (tube okay) even better; room doesn't need to be 5 star, just clean and safe - hotel, hostel, b&b all okay. Thanks!

more
    • paddington28's Profile Photo

Excell expedition centre

London Apr 4, 2014 at 8:15 AM

How do i get to the excell expedition centre in London,from victoria coach station,and how long roughly will it take me to get there

more
    • whats on in goathland

Goathland Apr 3, 2014 at 3:21 AM

is there anything special happening in goathland on 22nd june 2014 as im going on a coach trip there on that day

more
    • grand national 2014

Blackpool Mar 23, 2014 at 4:51 PM

looking to find a bus that will be running from blackpool to aintree on the 5th april for grand national day trip

more
    • Best way to carry money

London 3 hours ago

Was wondering what would be the best way to carry money? Cash credit debit or ?

more
    • wimbledon-things to do?

Wimbledon 8 hours ago

what is there do see or do if there is no tennis

more
    • how to get around on public transport

Newquay Apr 13, 2014 at 1:54 PM

where are the best place's to see and how to get around on public transport thank you

more
    • Good (!) Indian restaurant

London Apr 13, 2014 at 11:45 AM

I was wondering where are the best spots to eat Indian food in London. I know about Brick Lane but is it really

more
    • Agraichen's Profile Photo

Harwich cruise logistics

London Apr 7, 2014 at 10:13 AM

I'm looking at the logistics for a Harwich - Copenhagen cruise. It's been some time since I've been in London, but never found the trains too difficult. Any suggestions my thoughts of staying a few days in London, then taking the train to Harwich in the AM to board the ship? Or would it be better to travel the day before and overnight in Harwich just to be on the safe side of the trip?

At the end I'm debating on taking Easyjet (or other) from Copenhagen back to London to attempt at some round trip savings on air fare from SAN in the US as opposed to two one-way trips. Thoughts from those that travel Europe frequently?

more
    • distance in miles

Manchester Mar 28, 2014 at 11:54 AM

how far is wythenshaw forum from piccadilly train station in miles in a taxi how much should it coszt

more
    • transportation & activities from cruise ship in port at Portland UK

Portland Mar 22, 2014 at 1:44 PM

Looking for recommendations for activities for 12 hours in port in early May. We have been to Stonehenge. Interested in Portland Museum, scenic views and walks. Is there a car rental agency or taxis to get around?

more
    • September Rugby

England Mar 22, 2014 at 2:40 AM

We'll be in England the last two weeks of September. We would like to watch rugby - are there any websites with schedules? Thank you.

more
    • littlelawyer's Profile Photo

holiday with 1-2 yr old

Cornwall Apr 14, 2014 at 1:02 PM

Dear all, a friend of mine from Germany just mentioned that she'd like to visit Cornwall this year. She worries it would be too stressful and expensive with the long journey and a little girl, about 18 months old. I'd like to reassure her, having had a brilliant time there last year in Penzance. But I guess much of what I enjoyed, including the sleeper train, wouldn't be so easy with a baby!! And they'd be travelling from Germany. So I thought I'd just try asking if anyone more clued up than me has any advice / recommendations? L

more
    • csuresh's Profile Photo

One day to spend - tips

Lake District National Park Apr 12, 2014 at 2:58 PM

I am planning to travel from London by Train to Manchester. Then take rental car to Lake District. Then I wanted to spend till noon next day to make return journey. This means I will have almost full 24 hours to spend wisely. Please suggest me an itinerary.

more
    • how to make kids busy in southport?

Southport Apr 6, 2014 at 10:07 AM

i am planning three days in southport in may with my two wild kids. any suggestion to keep my kids busy and tied in southport apart from pleasureland.

more
    • local customs and traditions in bath

Somerset Apr 1, 2014 at 7:39 AM

what local customs and traditions does bath have

more
    • 10 am Flight Arrival May 2014 from US, Terminal 4

Heathrow Apr 1, 2014 at 3:13 AM

How long should be allowed for Immigration and Customs? What is the best transportation alternative from airport to SE1 with several pieces of luggage?

more
    • Slapton expert required

Slapton Feb 24, 2014 at 3:28 AM

I am looking for someone to do a short talk on the events in Slapton and area in the run up to D-Day for a group of French people who will be visiting in May 2014. Can anyone help?

1 Answer Feb 24, 2014 at 11:07 AM
    • Where is this place?

Exeter Nov 17, 2013 at 5:33 AM

Hi, about 10 years ago I was in hospital in exeter. An old lady was going in to town. I needed to buy a new mobile phone and asked to go along.

When I got there I saw an amazing place, it had some old roman/Athens looking remains which were very big, and a totally different looking building, it is only the frame left, made of a sort of brown stone with small bubbly holes like a wispa chocolate bar, it was very weathered.

I would like to visit it again, but don't know exactly where it was too.

About 40 minutes bus drive from a hospital in exeter Devon.

Please help me find this place again, I have drawn a picture here;

s12.postimg.org/4el4gwh8t/wh...

Thank you for any help.

Thanks

Rachael.

9 Answers Nov 17, 2013 at 11:04 PM
    • bern1@live.co.uk

Brixham Oct 24, 2013 at 1:34 PM

Hi
      Any suggestion where I can get a decent street map of Brixham and the surrounding area ?
      I was in Brixham a couple of weeks ago and was unable to locate one nor did I find the Information Centre ( I now know it is inside Hob Nobs but how do you know that from the signposts in the harbour ?)
      Thanks in advance
      Regards
      Bern

3 Answers Oct 25, 2013 at 1:14 AM
    • cost to taxi

Exeter Sep 21, 2013 at 5:39 AM

how much is a taxi from exeter airport to the train station and how long does it take?

2 Answers Sep 23, 2013 at 3:01 AM
    • CatherineL12's Profile Photo

transport and bus fares

Slapton Aug 19, 2013 at 10:36 PM

What time. Is earliest bus from plymouth to slapton

1 Answer Aug 19, 2013 at 11:19 PM
    • Crab fishing

Exmouth Aug 3, 2013 at 12:44 PM

Where is good crab fishing near exmouth

1 Answer Aug 3, 2013 at 2:59 PM
    • littlelawyer's Profile Photo

day trips by public transport

Exeter Jul 13, 2013 at 4:21 AM

Hello there. I'm planning to spend a few days in Exeter in September, during the week, and won't have a car. How easy is it to do day trips or e.g. walking on Exmoor if relying on public transport? Any suggestions for nearby places to visit?

Cheers. L

4 Answers Jul 13, 2013 at 7:49 AM
    • Cost of mooring and entry

Lundy Island Jul 10, 2013 at 2:44 PM

We hope to camp for a single saturday night, arriving in our own rib.

How much will this cost to moor our boat?
      Camp for 2 people for one night?
      Does someone have to transport your bags?
      Is that recommended?

Can anyone help?

2 Answers Jul 10, 2013 at 3:35 PM
    • Places to go at the weekend

Tavistock Jul 3, 2013 at 9:15 AM

Hi, my question was wiped during login, however I wondered fi anyone could recommend a dog friendly beach near to Tavistock or dog friendly places to go this weekend.
      Cheers
      Tracy

2 Answers Jul 4, 2013 at 9:41 AM
    • mysticflower's Profile Photo

House heating during the night in June

Exeter Jun 13, 2013 at 11:12 PM

I'm staying with a family, but I was shy to ask if it is cold during the night and if I need thicker sleeping clothes, or if they use heating in the house during the night. What is the usual?

Thanks ;-)

7 Answers Jun 14, 2013 at 9:52 AM
    • mysticflower's Profile Photo

clothes for end of June 2013

Exeter Jun 2, 2013 at 4:11 AM

Hello!

Would you please advise me on what would be the best clothes to bring and what shoes for a 2 week stay this June? I had some ladies telling me boots would be fine ( dhgate.com/lady-polly-black-... to wear with a dress. Will I look strange to others by wearing boots in June? Should I bring ballerina shoes?(polyvore.com/ballerina_shoes...

What do people usually wear? I don't want to stand out, just be feminine.

What do you recommend ? What is the weather usually like in June?
      Thank you!
      Nicoleta

20 Answers Jul 2, 2013 at 12:56 PM
    • Any good bars/club

Exeter Sep 13, 2012 at 11:56 AM

We are staying in Exeter in November on a girls weekend. We are looking for somewhere to go on a Saturday night. Ideally somewhere that is open late with music that we can dance to but not a full on club, a bar with music and an area for dancing would be great but with the option to sit and chat as well. Anyone know what the Monkey Suit is like? Or any other suggestions welcome.

1 Answer Sep 14, 2012 at 5:07 AM
    • Tavistock from Plymouth by Taxi

Tavistock Jun 7, 2012 at 11:33 AM

I'm traveling from Chicago to Tavistock for a family wedding next week, and plan, at this point, to take one of the local buses from the National Express bus station to Tavistock. I want to have a plan B in case I'm too exhausted to drag my baggage to the bus stop. What is the approximate fare to take a taxi from the station in Plymouth City Center to Tavistock?

3 Answers Jun 8, 2012 at 1:47 AM
    • ATTRACTIONS

Dawlish Jun 5, 2012 at 10:20 AM

Hi, what indoor activities is there in dawlisg or near by?

3 Answers Jul 29, 2012 at 1:22 AM
    • Transport

Ilfracombe Apr 25, 2012 at 8:28 AM

Am shortly taking a short break at Ilfracombe, having never visited before. As traveling via train, I have a pick up from Barnstable to Ilfracombe on my outward journey but would like to know the best transport from Ilfracombe to Barnstable train station on my return. Thank you for any help.

2 Answers Apr 25, 2012 at 12:40 PM
    • Good 'central' place to stay in Devon?

Devon Mar 22, 2012 at 3:30 AM

My partner and I are looking for a place to stay in Devon for around 10 days that is relatively 'central'. By this I mean we will be in the middle of a travel web North and South and on relatively good roads. We are considering Beer (because we prefer small, but not too small) and Exeter (because it seems central). We are wary of picking somewhere that looks accessible, but from which we will have to spend 30-45 minutes on tiny laneways just to get out / in. A year or so back we stayed in Falmouth in Cornall, which was exactly what we wanted - a good size with lots of pubs and restaurants, beautiful and a good choice of accommodation. It was also easy to get just about anywhere in Cornwall from there. We fell in love and are looking for similar in Devon. Any suggestions? Also, specifically, what are roads in and out of Beer like?

15 Answers Jun 8, 2013 at 8:43 AM
    • where to stay

Devon Jan 17, 2012 at 12:23 AM

Hello, I am planning a trip to the UK and I am taking my 75 year old father back to meet up with his sister and husband. I would like to book a property that can sleep up to 8 people. My question is where is the best place to stay in Devon, it would be good if we could get somewhere close to shops, resturants and pubs so that they could take short walks. I have been looking but it is very confusing. There will be my aunt & Uncle..in there seventies, my father, my cousin, myself and partner in there 50's....any idea ? we plan to visit in September

thanks
      Brian...Australia

15 Answers Jan 17, 2012 at 10:05 PM
    • Curioustravels's Profile Photo

Picnic Spots Near Teignmouth

Teignmouth Aug 22, 2011 at 12:38 AM

Hello,
      Can anyone suggest a picturesque spot which is a good place to stop and have a picnic near Teignmouth?
      I am sure the whole area is full of beautiful spots but any places that you have been to would be most welcome

Thanks

1 Answer Aug 22, 2011 at 5:02 PM
    • KiwiBeatle's Profile Photo

Pests in SW England ( other than tourists )?

Devon Jun 12, 2011 at 5:17 PM

Probably a silly question but my wife and I would like to know if we need to pack insect repellent when we come to SW England in July? Do you have mosquitoes , sandflys or wasps? Alas I'm allergic and swell up a bit if bitten :(

10 Answers Jun 14, 2011 at 1:53 PM
    • KiwiBeatle's Profile Photo

South West England

Devon May 11, 2011 at 8:24 PM

My wife and I have 2 weeks in a rental car going round the south west starting and finishing in Southampton in July before joining the Celebrity Eclipse cruise into the Baltic.
      We would like any tips on routes to take and recomended B&Bs / Farm Stays along the way. We want to avoid motorways as much as posible.
      We realize July is peak season so if you know of places that wont be too crowded would be great!
      Thanks

• How Much

Exmouth May 6, 2011 at 1:16 AM

How much would a Taxi/Cab, cost from St David's Train Station to Haven Hoildays,
      Sandy Bay. 5 Adults,5 lugguage,in September.
      Thanks Tom.

3 Answers May 6, 2011 at 7:10 AM
    • apeman's Profile Photo

The Ruby in Holsworthy

Devon Mar 2, 2011 at 1:16 PM

Has anyone stayed at The Ruby in Holsworthy? I can't find any reviews anywhere. Please help.

4 Answers Mar 3, 2011 at 12:04 PM
    • Parking in Illfracombe

Lundy Island Jan 24, 2011 at 1:51 PM

Please can you advise me of the closest car park when catching the boat
      over to Lundy Island. Many thanks

2 Answers Jan 24, 2011 at 10:44 PM
    • jonathanbarker's Profile Photo

Four days in East Devon

Exeter Dec 28, 2010 at 11:21 AM

Hello and happy New Year, I will be staying in Devon in middle January, arriving on the 15th, I am planning to meet a VT member in Exeter for a drink on the 15th (evening).

My other plans are to visit Exmouth (I will probably be staying with my sister) and Barnstaple, a place I know little about execept it's the country town of North Devon. If the South Devon Railway is running from Totnes to Buckfastleigh is running I may go there on the 16th.

Can anyone advise me of a good eating place in Barnstaple please. It is always nice meeting VT people.

Please see the meeting page

Jonathan Barker

3 Answers Dec 29, 2010 at 3:19 AM
    • Exeter - Accommodation share in November

Exeter Oct 21, 2010 at 8:30 AM

hi VTers
      i'm going to Exeter on 19-21 November for work (photography), and was wondering if there's anyone heading to Exeter around that time.

i'm looking for a female VTer to share the accommodation expenses. the hotel rate for a double is around £100-£130, central exeter

please let me know if interested or advise of any alternative otherwise

many thanks

4 Answers Nov 7, 2010 at 6:54 AM
    • travelling routes

Plymouth Sep 11, 2010 at 10:13 AM

Me and my Nan are coming down next week and staying at the Premier Inn, Plymouth East. I need to know how we go about from getting from the Bretonside Bus Station to the Premier Inn, and then from the Premier Inn to Derriford Hospital???

Any information would be gratefully recieved!!!

5 Answers Sep 12, 2010 at 2:02 AM
    • Glen30's Profile Photo

Taxis and Exeter Airport

Exeter Jul 29, 2010 at 5:39 AM

Hello VT-ers,

Could someone kindly let me know the following questions:

a) Approx costs of a taxi from Exeter Airport to Premier Inn at:

Premier Inn
      398 Topsham Road, Exeter,
      Devon EX2 6HE, United Kingdom

b) Is this only a 10 minute ride?

c) Are taxi's metered and easily available outside Exeter Airport?

Cheers
      Glen

4 Answers Jul 30, 2010 at 10:32 AM
    • Left Luggage in Exeter

Exeter May 4, 2010 at 4:49 AM

Please can you advise if there are facilities for left luggage in the centre of Exeter. We would only require to leave our cases for a few hours, en route from Jersey to Taunton. Hopefully you can help us.

All best wishes,
      Janet Barker

2 Answers May 4, 2010 at 6:26 AM
    • address and phone number and opening hours

Teignmouth Nov 21, 2009 at 4:45 AM

please supply the above for site n sound music shop tiegnmouth

1 Answer Nov 21, 2009 at 5:04 AM
    • cliff walk

Torquay Nov 15, 2009 at 9:26 AM

Can anyone help my mum and dad had there honeymoon in cliff walk. hotel had rock in its name this was 53 years ago i would like them to have a weekend back there .Can anyone tell me if that hotel is still there maybe with a new name ,if not is there a nice hotel in that area . THANK YOU

2 Answers Nov 15, 2009 at 1:34 PM