Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Looking for a couple people to join us the road from Airport to Tangalle

Sri Lanka Nov 19, 2015 at 12:51 AM

Hello everybody! We're going to visit this amazing country on November, 30th. Looking for a couple people to get from Airport to Tangalle together to reduce the price for taxi. Who wants to join us, please write me. Our arrival Dec 30, 8.30 a.m.

• From Wellawaya(or Ella) to Unawatuna ?

Sri Lanka Oct 31, 2015 at 10:12 PM

Hi I want to go to Unawatuna from Wellawaya. I know there is a bus. But I cannot find the bus time and bus station online . Is any one know the station and bus timetable? I really appreciate it !!!!

• Nature itinerary

Sri Lanka Nov 17, 2015 at 8:01 AM

Hi everyone please have a look at our route, we have 12 days and our interest is birdwatching and a bit of culture. Doable? We're going to hire a driver, try and see as much as we can but don't want to be driving everyday:
      SIGIRIYA (2 nights), KANDY (1 night), KITULGALA (1 night), NUWARA ELIYA (2 nights), TISSAMHARAMA (2 nights), SINHARAJA (2 nights), MIRISSA or UNAWATUNA (2 nights).

• itinerary,pinnawala,dambulla,sigiriya,polonnaruwa Kandy

Sri Lanka Nov 8, 2015 at 8:48 AM

I will be travelling from Negombo to Kandy and want to visit the elephant orphanage at Pinnawala,caves temples at Dambulla, Sigiriya rock and polonnaruwa. How much time should I allow for this. I had thought to leave Negombo early morning,stopping off at pinnawala and then heading onto dambulla and visiting the caves in the evening.staying over in Dambulla (?) then visiting the rock on the way to Kandy. I am not sure where polonnaruwa fits into this, whether i can fit this in before setting off for Kandy from Dambullal or as a day trip from Kandy.Any help would be appreciated.I will probably use taxi for transport between the main places.
      Thanks Gill

• ranjankar1's Profile Photo

Bus Bandarawela to Matara

Bandarawela Nov 4, 2015 at 7:10 AM

Is it possible to book bus ticket in advance ? Planning trip to Srilanka during Feb . Lone traveller. Is bus journey safe ?

• bandaranayake airport to negombo beach

Negombo Nov 9, 2015 at 2:34 AM

how to get to negombo beach area from bandaranayake airport by bus

• how many steps

Mihintale Nov 6, 2015 at 9:14 PM

how long does it take to walk up the many steps to the rock? thanks from Leanne

• Inquiry of visit plan

Colombo Oct 30, 2015 at 7:42 AM

Hi there,
      I'm visiting Sri Lanka in April 2016. My goal is visiting certain temples in Kandy and Anuradhapura and sightseeing if possible. I will arrive at BIA and spend three nights on the island before leaving it at BIA by noon on my last day.
      So, I ask you to help me make my plan. PLEASE.

1. I will arrive at the Bandaraneiyake International Airport by 3 p.m.
      Then, I would like to go on the trip to either Kandy or Anuradhapura and stay a night there.(Visiting a te,ple in the morning)

2. Next day to Anuradhapura or Kandy and spend a night there as well.

3. Lastly, it's heading to Colombo or Negombo for the last night before taking a noon flight from BIA.
      I need your suggestion and more information about tranportation before booking hotels.
      Thank you so much.

• 6 days itinerary for Sri Lanka

Sri Lanka Oct 31, 2015 at 5:56 AM

Hi all!

2 of us are taking a trip to Sri Lanka in November this year for 6 days. After going through several travel blogs and reviews, I have finalised an itinerary such as this one which has a mix of nature, culture and wildlife. We do not want to stay too long at each place and would like to cover more at a reasonable pace with a rented car+driver arrangement.

Any help / inputs on this will be much appreciated! Also mainly want to decide between Knuckles and World's End (for a day hike, knowing the entry fee differs a lot).

Day 1 : Negombo - arrive at dawn and head to Pinnewala (drive 2 Hrs) - spend some time, leave for Kandy (drive 1.5 Hrs), stay overnight

Day 2: Kandy - day trips to Dambulla (drive 2.5 Hrs) Sacred Tooth Temple, Kandyan dance performance), Dambulla and Sigiriya (drive 30 mins) Rock Fortress, head to Polonnaruwa (1.5 Hrs), stay overnight

Day 3: Day in Polonnaruwa, then head to Knuckles (drive 3 Hrs), stay overnight

Day 4: Knuckles day hike, stay overnight

Day 5: Leave for Mirissa (drive 6 Hrs!!!), stay overnight

Day 6: Day trip to Galle (drive 1 Hr), move on to Colombo (drive 2 Hrs) and return to Negombo for the flight back

Instead of Knuckles, head to Nuwara Eliya

Nuwara Eliya - 2 days

- Train from Kandy to Nanu Oya and then Nanu Oya to Ella

- World’s End hike

Thanks a ton in advance for your help!

• alyssaow's Profile Photo

My first trip to Sri Lanka

Sri Lanka Oct 25, 2015 at 11:13 PM

Get myself a ticket to Sri Lanka next year Mar to celebrate my birthday. First day at Negombo (arrival at the mid night ),next day to Sigiriya ,kandy,nuwara eliya ,galle and colombo. Any advise on my plan?It is enough time ,if i only have 8 days walk around?

• Driver Hire

Sri Lanka Nov 12, 2015 at 7:27 AM

We are planning a 2 week trip in Feb next year and would like to hire a driver/guide. We would like to do a mix of activities i.e. some birdwatching, nature walks, and a few cultural sights. Can anyone recommend a good english-speaking driver?