where to stay?

by morganspal Online Now Mar 13, 2003 at 2:44 PM

Any B&B? Pension? reasonable hotel?

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • ATLC's Profile Photo

Re: where to stay?

by ATLC Online Now Mar 13, 2003 at 3:23 PM

Gildehotel is a reasonable and nice hotel inthe € 68-92 price range. See my Netherlands page Accomodation tips for more details. In the same street is a B&B (above a bakery) but I don't know the exact contact details. Or contact the Deventer tourist information at www.vvvdeventer.nl/engels/index.htm

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • ATLC's Profile Photo

Re: Re: where to stay?

by ATLC Online Now Mar 13, 2003 at 3:24 PM

btw.... I stayed at the Gildehotel several times.

• Pavlik_NL's Profile Photo

by Pavlik_NL Online Now Mar 14, 2003 at 2:26 PM

Hi there, Maybe a bit late, but this I can tell you about the bookstown of The Netherlands in accomodations. Most typical, but not that cheap, is the hotel in the centre called "De Leeuw" (The Lion). Information you find at www.hoteldeleeuw.nl Very funny and not that expensive is B&B Villa Kakelbont, Zutphenseweg 8, 7418 AJ in Deventer, Telephone +31(0)570-606264 Mobile: +31(0)6 29333560 In the neighborhood (Salland) are many B&B's or Farmstay-possibilities. Best regards and have a wonderful journey in The Netherlands and Deventer. Regards, Paul

• PeteNL's Profile Photo

by PeteNL Online Now Mar 15, 2003 at 1:54 PM

What other places would you like to visit near D? And when are you planning to travel? Around Easter and may holidays might be tough(er) finding lodgings, unless you book in advance. I also know there's a motel near the A1 highway exit, and if I'm not mistaken this hotelchains offers some bargains in weekends. I'll let you know if I find more! Enjoy your time there anyway! WIetse

• ATLC's Profile Photo

by ATLC Online Now Mar 15, 2003 at 2:53 PM

The following two hotels are just off the A1 1. There is a Mercure hotel at the entry of Deventer (just off the A1) but it's a bit long walk if you come by train. mercure.nl/eng/m/hotel_17.ht... H2110@accor-hotels.com Special internet rate double room € 79 (normally € 90) ------------ 2 Near Apeldoorn is Hotel de Cantharel (on the A1 to Deventer) which belongs to the Van der Valk chain. Apeldoorn is 24 km. from Deventer. valk.nl/gb/vestigingen/body/... info@cantharel.valk.nl Single room € 65 -- Note: I still recommend the Gildehotel which I mentioned earlier. www.gildehotel.nl. It's in the center of Deventer, 10 min. walk from station.

• ATLC's Profile Photo

by ATLC Online Now Mar 15, 2003 at 2:55 PM

Then there's B&B: vvvdeventer.nl/logiesOntbijt... (a list of B&B) and www.vischpoorte.nl

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines