Travel Answers
Detroit

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• jess_nutella's Profile Photo

Short listed places to stay.. safety/convenience/food etc etc... :)

Chicago Mar 2, 2015 at 2:45 AM

Hi I'm trying to decide on a few places to stay in Chicago and have narrowed it down. I'm wondeirng if anyone has any thoughts on the following locations (safety/fantastic/avoid etc.)

1) Wicker park - North Cleaver Street

2) Lake View - West Roscoe Street

3) Lake View - North Cleaver Street

4) Lincoln Park - North Magnolia Avenue

5) Near North Side / Gold Coast - West Division Street

6) Lake View - West Waveland Avenue near Wrigley Field and Boystown

I'll be travelling to Chicago with my partner. We are in our mid-twenties and love food. We will be trying to see some touristy things, trying deep dish pizza etc..

more
    • gerryexide's Profile Photo

Hotel to stay

Chicago Mar 20, 2015 at 7:51 PM

What are the hotels near chicago river?

more
    • Parking - Lincoln Park Area

Chicago Mar 15, 2015 at 8:40 AM

My family is planning a trip to the Lincoln Park area. We want to go to Oz park to play and eat lunch, then go to the zoo for a few hours, and then to Bacino's for a late lunch. What would be the best parking strategy for the day? Is there free parking at Oz?

Could we park at the zoo and walk back and forth? I know the zoo charges $20. I don't mind paying, but would prefer not to pay multiple times driving back and forth if we are going to be in the same vicinity for the day.

Free is the best if there is a way to make that happen. Thoughts? Thanks in advance.

more
    • detroit delema

by srvagabond Online Now Aug 13, 2007 at 9:26 AM

with a three hour plus lay-over is there any decent place to eat in or a taxi ride near the airport? thank you srvagabond

• cath026's Profile Photo

short break in Detroit

by cath026 Online Now Feb 3, 2004 at 5:12 AM

I'm a Scot spending some time in Chicago over Easter. I've been before so am looking for suggestions for day/2 day trips out of Chicago. Is Detroit worth a look? Can anyone recommend stuff to see/how long to stay/what to avoid etc? Thanks

4 Answers Feb 13, 2004 at 9:44 AM