Desenzano

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Coach Transport

Tremezzo Dec 11, 2014 at 1:54 AM

We are trying to book a mini bus/coach to take our guests from the hotel to a restaurant the day before our wedding. The journey is only 2.5km or 5 minutes but I just wondered if anyone has any contacts or can put us in touch with anyone that can help?

more
    • trams in milan

Milan Nov 23, 2014 at 9:16 AM

does the number 15 tram stop outside either milan central station or cordona station? or could you please tell me how far the closest stop to either of these stations is, and hoe much does the tram cost to bocconi area
      thanks

shell

more
    • Cabs in Milan

Milan Nov 30, 2014 at 4:40 AM

Hello, we are student travelers who will be traveling to Milan shortly.
      We are hoping to hail a cab from Duomo to San Siro stadium, and we would like to know how much time and money would be spent on the round trip. We would be delighted to get an answer back.
      Thanks!

more
    • City taxes

by petterhotvedt Online Now Mar 24, 2014 at 9:58 AM

Hello. I would like to know how much the city tax will be per person visiting Desenzano by Lake Garda 7 days from 15. of july this summer.
      Best regards Petter Hotvedt

1 Answer Mar 24, 2014 at 10:25 AM
    • vtveen's Profile Photo

Looking for affordable accommodation.

by vtveen Online Now Sep 7, 2011 at 2:54 AM

We intend to visit Lake Garda from September 23 till September 26 (3 nights). Looking for more or less affordable (and nice) accommodation - with at least breakfast - in or around Desenzano.

1 Answer Sep 7, 2011 at 1:03 PM
    • plogan's Profile Photo

Tracing my father's WWII route

by plogan Online Now Feb 3, 2011 at 4:25 PM

Dear Virtual Tourist member,
      I am an American writer and I’m tracing my father’s World War II route from Naples to Bolzano. In the summer of 1945, my father’s headquarters company was stationed at the Hotel Splendide in Desenzano. He became friends with the hotel’s barber and the barber’s two children. I have been trying for several years to identify the barber and locate these “children”. The hotel has not been any help. I am writing to ask if there are any VT members who have elderly relatives in the area who may remember the name of the barber at the Hotel Splendide in the 1940s. My wife and I will visit Desenzano this year to complete the final leg of the journey; what is the best way to travel from Desenzano to Verona to Vicenza to Cornuda to Feltre?
      Patrick Logan

6 Answers Feb 18, 2011 at 5:49 AM
    • rmicallef's Profile Photo

Gardaland to Desenzano at 10pm by public transport or taxi

by rmicallef Online Now Aug 19, 2010 at 10:25 AM

Dear Vters,
      I would like to know which is the best way to travel back to my hotel in Desenzano from Gardaland. Time will be approx 10pm or maybe a bit later. Taxi? Public transport? Is there a free shuttle to Desenzano?
      Will be visiting the area next week.
      Thanks in advance for your help.

1 Answer Aug 19, 2010 at 12:55 PM
    • alexhill's Profile Photo

Taxi fare from Brescia Airport to Desenzano del Garda

by alexhill Online Now Jul 26, 2008 at 7:13 PM

Hi

Can anyone tell me how much a taxi from Brescia airport to Desenzano del Garda would cost and how long this journey would be.

Many thanks

Alex

8 Answers Aug 6, 2008 at 3:18 AM
    • The Beach

by Niamh.Tracey Online Now Jun 8, 2007 at 2:37 AM

Could anyone tell me where exactly in Desenzano is the public beach located? (What street etc.). Thanks!

• Desenzano to Venice

by madinet Online Now Apr 21, 2007 at 4:08 PM

I will be staying in Limone while on holiday. Looking at the map of Lake Garda am I right in thinking that Desenzano is the most convenient/direct resort to catch a train to Venice. Do you know how long it will take from this resort and roughly how much the ticket is? Do they run frequently. I would really appreciate any help you could give me on this subject.

Many thanks

1 Answer Apr 21, 2007 at 7:34 PM
    • Transfer from Airport

by pegasus2120 Online Now Jul 8, 2006 at 2:51 AM

We are travelling to Verona Airport (Valerio Catullo) and wonder what the best way of transferring to Desenzano del Garda. I have been informed that a taxi would cost 70 euros for a single trip, so we want to do it by local transport. Bus or train, or both.

Any suggestions please?

1 Answer Jul 8, 2006 at 1:46 PM
    • nigel2006's Profile Photo

Visiting Ferrari in Maranello/Modena from Desenzano

by nigel2006 Online Now Mar 31, 2006 at 6:19 AM

I am going to be in Desenzaro in May and would like to visit the Ferrari complex at Maranello. How easy is it to get to Maranello/Modena by train, what might it cost and how long will it take. If train is not practical what might be another way of getting there.
      I would also be interested to know if there are any festivals in the Lake Garda area in May.
      Nigel

1 Answer Mar 31, 2006 at 8:05 AM
    • Airport Transfer

by marsue99 Online Now Mar 15, 2006 at 1:39 PM

What is the best and most economical way of travelling from Verona Airport to Desenzano del Garde? I have been quoted 70 eur for a one way taxi for 2 people which I think is far too high. I would rather use public transport than pay this sort of one way charge. Can any of you travellers to Desenzano help me? My travel dates are for 11-22 July 2006

2 Answers Jul 8, 2006 at 9:27 AM
    • hotel

by skaf Online Now Nov 3, 2005 at 8:48 AM

hi, i am starting to plan a spring visit to Desenzano.
      the most important for me in hotel is a safe central location. near to public transportation. preferebly with a lake view.
      the Tripoli and VITTORIO seem good. how about the Piroscafo?
      considering i have some knee problems what about City an Alessi ? do they require steep uphill walking ?
      thank you. shula

2 Answers Nov 4, 2005 at 11:48 PM
    • radu_c's Profile Photo

Mountain Map onLine

by radu_c Online Now Sep 22, 2005 at 12:41 PM

Do you know where I could find a trekking map (on line) of Monte Baldo or Monte Pasubio ? Or any other ideas / suggestions for a two days hiking not to far from Desenzano / Garda Lake ? More important than distance is easiness to reach the trekking starting point.

Thanks,
      Radu

1 Answer Sep 23, 2005 at 12:09 AM
    • parrott's Profile Photo

Desenzano as a destination for a 77 yr old lady?

by parrott Online Now Jun 24, 2004 at 2:05 AM

Hi everybody, I want to take my Mom to Desenzano for a few days. She is 77 yrs old, quite active, and has walked everywhere all her life. She has recently developed a hip problem, but it only causes her distress on hills or stairs (not that she will admit to, that is). Is Desenzano the place to go, keeping in mind I would like to tour Lake Garda by ferry, stopping at little places along the way? Appreciate your time, thank you. Diane

2 Answers May 13, 2005 at 7:40 PM