Des Plaines

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Passport/Airline Ticket Name Mismatch

Chicago Nov 9, 2015 at 6:55 PM

I'm traveling from Chicago to Paris via Turkish Airlines this Thursday night, with a 3 hour layover in Turkey.

My girlfriend originally booked the ticket under my diminutive name, Nick, while my passport and Wisconsin ID display my full name, Nicholas. The ticket was booked through a travel agency, which was kind enough to get Turkish to cancel the original ticket and book the same flight and itinerary under my full name. However, that flight has now gone up in price considerably, so the only option I have left is keeping the original ticket (which wasn't cancelled after the agency realized the price went up).

Is this going to be major cause for concern? Turkish has repeatedly told me that they do not allow name corrections on tickets purchased electronically. Right now I'm thinking my best bet is to arrive at the airport way ahead of time and bring any and all supporting documents I can and talk to the ticket counter. Here's to hoping I come across a Turkish rep and TSA agent in great moods... Should I be losing sleep?