Derbyshire

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• places to eat

Rotherham Dec 17, 2014 at 2:48 PM

Best places to eat near rotherham theatre there's 11 of us Inc a 4 year old. For Sunday evening.

more
    • Luggage storage

Southampton Dec 11, 2014 at 1:17 AM

Is there a facility or company in Southampton that stores luggage while I'm off touring UK?

more
    • behappy30's Profile Photo

Peppa Pig World

Hampshire Nov 30, 2014 at 9:35 AM

Hi! I'm preparing a 4 days break to Peppa Pig World with my children (next may). I would like to know if there is any advantage buying tickets in advance via web. Also If tickets allow the entrance to Paulton's Park and if is it good for 3 years old children, and any other advice you can give me. We'll be using a rental car. Is there any other good attraction near there?
      Thanks a lot.

more
    • Transfer between Heathrow Central and Terminal 4

Heathrow Dec 22, 2014 at 10:59 AM

Hello, i will be catching the N9 bus from Central London to Heathrow central Bus Station aiming to arrive around 5:45am. I will then need to get to Terminal 4. Is the free Heathtrow Express shuttle only Free to those who connect from other Heathrow Express services or anyone who wishes to use it. Thank You

more
    • Regarding connection times at London Heathrow

London Dec 17, 2014 at 1:42 PM

My thanks to all of you that replied to my questions about the connection time for flights at Terminal 5. Certainly put our minds at rest and we shall now relax and if necessary implement some very good suggestions should things go 'pear shaped'!!! We are tackling route 66 over four weeks so any more problems and i shall come calling !!! Once again thank you all.

Regards
      Alan

more
    • URGENT - Grainstore Apartments next to Excel London

London Dec 9, 2014 at 6:32 PM

Does anyone in London know if the Grainstore Apts. on Canary Wharf are still operating?

Their emails bounce, phone # doesn't work and the website is expired.

We have PAID reservations for tomorrow and can't get a hold of them.

Please HELP.

more
    • Souvenir UK car registration plate from London

London Dec 5, 2014 at 3:42 PM

I plan to get a license plate with my personal lettering as a souvenir from ‪‎London‬. Where to get it from?

The plate need not be original but a replica close to original would do. I like to collect the plates with my custom lettering from countries I visit. Is it possible to get one from London? Where?
      Thanks for the help.

more
    • nightclubs in wigan

Wigan Nov 28, 2014 at 3:33 PM

what was the nightclub called that was near what was intro agency?? if u went through the ally way to wallpaper suppiles it was on your right hand side.

more
    • connection times at London Heathrow

London Dec 16, 2014 at 9:03 AM

We are flying from Madrid departure 0820hrs and arriving Heathrow 0950hrs thro American but operated by Iberia. We are leaving Heathrow at 1120hrs and arriving O'Hare 1345hrs thro American but operated by BA. We have 1hr and 30mins between flights - is this enough time? Both flights arrive and depart from T5. If time is tight can we ask a member of staff for assistance in order to connect with flights ? Does anyone know the procedure for a missed flight connection? We booked the flights thro American Airlines. I assume we just both clear security and not immigration.We are both UK citizens.

more
    • SONG's Profile Photo

connection times at London Heathrow

London Dec 16, 2014 at 8:24 AM

AFJ posted in misc and said he / she was not able to post in travel. So I have C & P........

connection times at London Heathrow

by AFJ 1 hours ago

Dep Madrid 0820hrs arr Heathrow 0950hrs on American 8816 operated by Iberia. Leave Heathrow 1120hrs arr O'Hare 1345hrs on American 6195 operated by BA. Connections at Terminal 5 with 1hr 30 mins spare - will this be enough time. If time is tight what are my options - not going till May so times may change again. When we made this booking we had a two hour window but not now. Can i get a member of staff to hurry us thro if necessary? Do i have to just go thro security and not immigration. We are UK citizens.

more
    • grandmaR's Profile Photo

Rail and rental car question

London Dec 19, 2014 at 2:40 PM

I want to travel from London to Truro by train and rent a car from Enterprise on March 17th. I want to be picked up at the train station and dropped off at the airport. The Enterprise man's email does not give me a confirmation number - he seems to want me to buy a ticket on the train first. The National Rail Enquiries - Journey Planner will only give me train times up to 2015 March 12th. But www.thetrainline.com/‎

is perfectly willing to sell me a ticket for the 17th. How can I get a car reservation confirmation without a train time (is there a website I can go to?), and should I go ahead and buy a ticket through 'thetrainline' people or wait a week and get one from National Rail?

more
    • What's the fastest airside method for transferring from terminal 3 to 4?

Heathrow Dec 1, 2014 at 7:44 AM

I have a Virgin Atlantic - Delta code share flight arriving from Bombay to LHR terminal 3 and LHR - Detroit (USA) from terminal 4 since Delta is in terminal 4. I have a valid US visa so I "think" I can transit airside without a transit visa even if I am an Indian passport holder and not in the DATV list . See: gov.uk/government/uploads/sy...
      Question is what is the best way to connect between terminal 3 and 4 without picking the wrong train, subway, etc. ?

more
    • places to eat

Rotherham Dec 17, 2014 at 2:46 PM

Could you tell me were there is to eat family friendly for 11 of us before the panto on Sunday night in Rotherham thanks.

more
    • Budget accommodation and public transport.

Bamburgh Dec 5, 2014 at 6:51 AM

Is it possible to explore this area by using public transport, we are here mainly on a walking holiday but would like to use Bamburgh as a base and visit places like Lindisfarne, coastline walking to nearest villages with a return bus, maybe some walks in the Borders area? Also looking for either self catering accommodation or budget B & B for approx. 5 days in June 2015. Would appreciate any suggestions. Also does anyone know what season the puffins may be visible in this area. Thank you

more
    • Do i need a transit visa?

Heathrow Dec 9, 2014 at 8:33 AM

I have a philippine passport and a valid irish visa. I booked a through-ticket flight via etihad which requires me to stay at heathrow for less than 3 hours while waiting for my connecting flight. I will be arriving by terminal 4 and departing by terminal 2 on my way to ireland. Will i be needing a transit visa?

more
    • Public transportation to Loo from St. Ives?

Saint Ives Dec 8, 2014 at 8:18 AM

We're a party of three seniors heading for St. Ives and wondered if there was bus service to Loo? We're travelling in early April of this coming year and would love to spend a night in Loo but dare not rent a car as we're from the US and the roads are daunting to us. Can anyone assist in public transportation information to Loo from St. Ives?

more
    • is anything open in february in scarborough,?

Scarborough Dec 6, 2014 at 3:01 AM

Wondering if the amusements etc are all open

more
    • Visitor visa for transit?

Heathrow Dec 3, 2014 at 12:02 PM

Hi I have a visitor visa for uk. Is that okay to transit Heathrow with ?

more
    • paddington28's Profile Photo

Art deco hotels

London Dec 11, 2014 at 6:56 PM

Does any one know,what area i should look for in London for art deco hotels,with either afternoon tea or 2 nights acomadation as a gift to a newly wed couple,not fusssed on price as 5 of us will be chipping in

more
    • Travelling to London August 2015. Cost of living ??

London Dec 11, 2014 at 2:14 PM

Hello everyone, how are you?

I'm travelling to London for a 7 days holiday, next summer (August) with a friend. And as I lived there from 1996 to 2007, I know how expensive London can be for a tourist, compared to any other city in Europe (unless, of course, you from Norway or Japan). So this time I'll go as a tourist, as there are things I never did or visited when I lived there.

Since it's been 7 years I left London (by the way I miss London so much), I don't actually know what is the cost of living in London for a budget tourist at this moment in time. I've already booked the flight, accommodation and London Pass, for London attractions + Travelcard which costed me a total of €700 (about £560) all inclusive.

Having done that (flight, accommodation, pass and travel card), what remains is food, drink and entertainment. So I was thinking on a (low) budget of £60/£80 (€76/€100) per day (that's £420(€530) for 7 days). What do you think? Can we live on or spend our holiday with this budget for a week? We obviously won't be spending £60/£80 a day, everyday. Surely we'll go clubbing a couple of times, some evenings we'll go to a pub or a bar with music and stuff like that, and then we'll get some souvenirs for friends and family back home!

Also we'd like to go to see Stonehenge (if we can squeeze some time in), on a day trip. What is the fastest way to get there and how much do you does it costs?

Thank you in advance friends!

Take care !!!

francis_opalm@yahoo.it

more
    • Must see things in London

London Dec 4, 2014 at 9:48 AM

I have a few friends coming over to London who want to to see the genuine underbelly of the city. We all know about big Ben and the Houses of parliament, but I was wondering if there are any more lesser know but equally as iconic things to visit in London.

more
    • Is 90 min enough for check in?

Heathrow Dec 15, 2014 at 3:38 AM

Hello, I am traveling from Paddington to Heathrow Terminal 5 on sunday, and first train leaves at 6,25. My flight is at 8,25 (European), is it enough time to check in and pass security?
      Thanks

more
    • Things to do for free

London Dec 1, 2014 at 5:07 AM

Hi.

I will be at London between the 5th and 12 of december. What I can't miss in London during those days?
      Anything for free?
      By the way, which markets can I visit?

Thanks!
      Best Regards..

more
    • Do I need a visa for transit in London Airport

London Nov 27, 2014 at 4:29 AM

Hi All. I need help to confirm if we need to have a visa, since we are running out of time. our flights is tomorrow with my wife and kid infant going to manila from Florence Italy but we need to transfer to London City Airport to Heathrow for 6hours available time to transfer. do we need the visa? we are just holding filipino passport and working permit in Italy.

Thank you

more
    • connection times at London Heathrow

London Dec 16, 2014 at 6:34 AM

Dep Madrid 0820hrs arr Heathrow 0950hrs on American 8816 operated by Iberia. Leave Heathrow 1120hrs arr O'Hare 1345hrs on American 6195 operated by BA. Connections at Terminal 5 with 1hr 30 mins spare - will this be enough time. If time is tight what are my options - not going till May so times may change again. When we made this booking we had a two hour window but not now. Can i get a member of staff to hurry us thro if necessary? Do i have to just go thro security and not immigration. We are UK citizens.

more
    • 2 day visit

Ashbourne Mar 20, 2014 at 3:28 AM

what are the best things to do in ashbourne for an elderly not very mobile couple visiting for 2 days?

5 Answers Mar 27, 2014 at 6:05 AM
    • places to go

Derby Feb 22, 2014 at 2:29 PM

where can i take my girlfriend out tomorrow - cant walk far we are 24 years old

5 Answers Feb 26, 2014 at 11:20 PM
    • pubs in derby where to go over 50s

Derby Jan 8, 2014 at 9:40 AM

where is there to go for the over 50s love dancing and older men

• young at heart aged 45 to 60 yrs old group of 7

Derby Oct 7, 2013 at 4:29 PM

we will be staying in derby city centre for 3 nights weekending 13th October 2013 where can we go at night for live music or bands or good juke box please.

1 Answer Oct 26, 2013 at 8:26 AM
    • Entertainment

Derby Aug 21, 2013 at 4:03 PM

Hi

We are coming to Derby on Friday 25th Oct. It will be my partner's 58th birthday. I'm looking for a place to eat with a bit of entertainment. We don't want loud deafening music nor hip hop or anything leaning towards the younger generation, but we are not fuddy duddy's coming from Ireland we are up for a bit of craic. Any ideas as to where we could combine the meal and entertainment. If not happy to do separately.
      All comments welcome
      Cheers
      Jae

• 3 to 4 day Peak District cycling trip

Peak District National Park Apr 9, 2011 at 7:40 PM

For the above, what would you suggest, starting out point and finishing etc ( Rail accessible points ) leaving from Rochdale. With average to good cycling proficiency, would like to follow an interesting, scenic route, with overnight stays at budget/B & B accomodation suitable for cyclists.
      Thank you,
      Steve,
      Houston, Texas,

4 Answers Apr 23, 2011 at 2:04 PM
    • JoeRizal's Profile Photo

Peak or Lake District

Peak District National Park Apr 3, 2010 at 9:38 PM

Hi All,

I am going to Manchester in June and plan to go to either Lake or Peak District or both if time permits. The trip to either location is going to be a short trip (3 - 4 hours) and the purpose of this trip is just a sightseeing.

Having said that, can u suggest where is the best location in Lake / Peak District should I go to ?

Another thing - if I just have time for 1 location, which District should I choose ?

10 Answers Jun 2, 2010 at 8:19 AM
    • what can I do and see in derby?

Derby Mar 7, 2010 at 3:59 AM

Im'm staying there 1 afternoon and 2 nights and I'm looking for castels, parks, pubs, places to go by night.. (please no links)
      not farer than 1 km from the centre of derby, because I have to go by foot!
      thank you! ciao!

4 Answers Apr 10, 2012 at 12:29 AM
    • parking locations

Derby Jan 7, 2009 at 10:36 AM

Hi, me and a mate are driving up to hull for the day along the m1 and were looking for a location where one of us could drop off their car (as we dont need both)around the derby, probably around junction 23a of the m1 before the nottingham east midlands airport - any suggestions??

1 Answer Jul 11, 2009 at 5:41 AM
    • Skylink Busses from Derby to East Midlands Airport

Derby May 15, 2008 at 5:44 PM

Does anyone know how reliable this bus service is regarding travel time? The schedule says it will take 30 minutes from Derby station to the airport, even at peak-traffic hours in the evening. I have no idea what the traffic situation is like in that area and would therefore be grateful for some advice on the time I'll realistically have to calculate.

1 Answer Aug 4, 2009 at 7:12 AM
    • doofus's Profile Photo

Grindleford

Derbyshire May 3, 2008 at 3:30 AM

Hi,

I have seen a nice cottage in Grindleford for rent. I was wondering if anyone has had any personal experiences of Gridleford. Things like pubs, transport good places to eat and some good walks etc.

many thanks

8 Answers May 4, 2008 at 4:33 PM
    • Buxton or Matlock

Derbyshire Feb 4, 2008 at 8:07 PM

Planning a mid-March trip to the Peak District, and must choose between 2 equally lovely rentals in Buxton or Matlock. We're flying from the U.S. to Gatwick, so the weekend train ride to Buxton Via Manchester looks to be 6 hours; Matlock looks considerably shorter. We'll be without a car and will use the trains/busses and bike/walk to visit Bakewell, Castleton, Abney. What are the pros & cons of each town. I know Buxton is a gem and a much larger place. Does it lose its charm by being larger? I'd love to hear some opinions as I've never been to the area and don't know what to expect. My ideal is a place where we could walk a few minutes to the coutryside, but also to a pub, grocer, and excellent bakery.
      Your comments are greatly appreciated!
      Traveler Abney.

13 Answers Feb 17, 2008 at 8:24 AM
    • vikki-e-'s Profile Photo

HELP

Derby Sep 28, 2007 at 6:20 AM

I am thinking of applying to uni in Derby & i was just wondering what the nightlife was like in terms of clubs and stuff???
      I am from Liverpool so used to a wild night out =]
      Vikki xxx

2 Answers Oct 1, 2007 at 4:42 AM
    • Kedleston Hall on Sundays

Derby Sep 20, 2007 at 5:40 AM

Hi,
      I do not have a car. Is there another way to get to Kedleston Hall on Sundays?
      Thanks

1 Answer Oct 6, 2007 at 8:43 AM
    • emilesc's Profile Photo

London to Ashby-de-la-Zouch

Derbyshire Jul 27, 2007 at 1:13 PM

I'm pretty sure this is going to be impossible, but I want to ask someone familiar with the area - one of my favorite musicians is performing in Ashby-de-la-Zouch on Sept 22. Thing is I'm flying back to the States from London on the morning of the 23rd. Will it be possible to catch this concert and catch a train or bus back to London that night so I don't miss my flight?

Like I said, this seems impossible, but I thought I'd throw it out there. Thanks!

10 Answers Aug 1, 2007 at 10:35 AM
    • Derbyshire without a car hire?

Derbyshire Apr 18, 2007 at 9:11 PM

Hi,
      I'll be traveling to Derbyshire in October 2007. We hope to not have to rent a car--is this feasible in Derbyshire? We want to visit historic estates and enjoy the local scenery. We're thinking of staying in Matlock Bath or Bakewell (unless we receive other suggestions).

Thanks for your help!

~Becca

9 Answers May 13, 2007 at 1:22 PM
    • Sheffield City center to Peak District. Which bus to take?

Peak District National Park Apr 5, 2007 at 10:45 AM

Hi, I am planning to hike in the peak district this weekend but have no idea which bus number that can get me there. If anyone have any information please let me know. I did tried search online but end up with locations like dronfields and buxton?? Please anyone with information to share. Thanks

1 Answer Apr 5, 2007 at 11:41 AM
    • RE: Peak District - Transport & Accommodation help!

Derbyshire Mar 24, 2007 at 8:22 PM

Peak District - transport & accom help!

Hi Everyone,

My friend and I would like to go away to the Peak District for the Easter weekend coming up (last minute thing).

There are 2 things I need help with..

First is Transport. We don't know if we should catch a train up on the Good Friday 6 April to Manchester, and then hir a car from Manchester and drive to the Peak District (assuming car hire places are open on Good Friday?). Or simply just drive to the Peak District from London. Does anyone know how long it would take to drive straight there? Or should we catch a train to Manchester first? Any thoughts?

Second part its accommodation. I've looked at so many websites, but I still have no idea where to stay (or which town to stay in). Ideally, I'd like to stay in a small country town that is close to some sight seeing destinations. I'm a 'scenic' type of person and would like to visit some old English estates while I'm there and would also like to explore a bit of the country side (walking if weather permitting). My budget is around £30 per person per night and I'm thinking B&B's might be the best option. Could you suggest a nice town? and / or a nice B&B we could stay in? Or any other accommodation options for around the same price?

Any advice / thoughts / guidance would be much appreciated!!!

Many thanks,
      M.

6 Answers Apr 2, 2007 at 1:13 PM
    • bus lines and times

Derbyshire Sep 19, 2006 at 7:50 PM

We are hoping to stay in Derbyshire for a vacation. Question: The bus service from Victoria Station to Chesterfield, Times? Returning times back to London ? Would we be able to take 3 pieces of luggage on the bus?

1 Answer Sep 19, 2006 at 11:07 PM
    • dog friendly pubs / other eateries

Bakewell Mar 28, 2006 at 12:25 PM

Wonder if anyone can help....we're heading to Bakewell for the weekend, and need somewhere to eat (well, ideally two places, one for Friday, one for Sat!) that will let us take a well behaved dog in with us.

Any ideas? Central Bakewell preferred (so no-one has to drive!), but we can travel a few miles if necessary.

Thanks in advance.

1 Answer Apr 5, 2006 at 7:40 AM
    • ka5637's Profile Photo

Student life in Derby

Derby Sep 2, 2004 at 12:40 PM

My sister has just been offered a position at the university of Derby. Could anyone give me any first-hand information on the city and the University? Thanks.

3 Answers Oct 15, 2006 at 6:47 AM
    • Thanks but I need a little more...

Buxton Jan 9, 2004 at 9:49 PM

Thanks to everyone who answered my last question, in particular Joe who was super helpful. I just need a little more info. My friend and I who are going to London decided that we will stay in a county closer to London and travel to Derbyshire for a day trip instead of staying there and paying rail into London for 4 days. But, if we stay in like a county that's only like half an hour out of London, can we get a cab into the city? How much is it, I live in a small town so I don't know anything about cabs, much less London cabs. I still need lots more info about transportation. THANKS THANKS THANKS! If all Europeans are as friendly as you guys- I'm twice as excited! PS- Is Europeans politcally correct?

8 Answers May 3, 2007 at 2:30 PM
    • Travel in Europe--United Kingdom--Derbyshire--Buxton

Buxton Jan 9, 2004 at 8:51 AM

I am having a terrible time finding accurate information about transportation for my trip to London. I don't want to stay in London because it's too expensive. I want to stay in a surrounding county, I chose Derbyshire because of the beautiful pictures I've seen and that it contains many of the sightseeing places I want to go including Lyme Park. However, I can't find how far it is from Derbyshire to London. How far is it? What are the different transportations to get there and how much do they cost? Is there another surrounding county you would recommend?

8 Answers Jan 9, 2004 at 4:01 PM
    • Vickster's Profile Photo

Please help!

Buxton Dec 2, 2002 at 9:21 AM

Can anyone tell me what Buxon in Derbyshire, UK is well known for? Cheers.

7 Answers Jan 14, 2006 at 2:17 PM