Travel Answers
Departement d' Agadez

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Popular Departement d' Agadez Travel Answer Locations

• What is the security situation in Agadez at the moment?

Agadez May 1, 2015 at 1:39 AM

Is it possible to travel there from Niamey/Zinder? Is it safe? Or are the roads still blocked for tourists going north? If so, is there a way around it?

• Tours in Niger

Agadez Jun 9, 2014 at 7:24 PM

Does anyone have suggestions for a local Niger company or reliable driver that do reliable budget level trips within the country. We're adventurous, flexible and experienced travelers (recently to Cameroon, Sudan, Mali) and have up to 3 weeks in December 2014-January 2015.
      Thanks for any suggestions.

1 Answer Jun 9, 2014 at 9:31 PM
    • Travelling to Agadez & Ingal in 2010/2011

Ingal Aug 6, 2010 at 4:04 PM

Does anyone have playback on the current situation in this area ? I would like to visit Gerewol but have been told it may be unsafe. Any info. would be helpful, Thanks. Kay Johnson

• travelling from agadez to algeria

Departement d' Agadez Apr 30, 2007 at 6:44 PM

how many days does it take to travel from agadez through the sahara to algeria

• Teimur's Profile Photo

Guides!! Excursions!

Agadez Jan 25, 2006 at 7:40 AM

Can anyone tell me what an independent guide costs per day? For example, a 4 day trip for two people?? Is anyone planning on being there and going to the Air mountains at the end of February?

1 Answer Feb 18, 2006 at 1:42 AM
    • Nabuchodonosor's Profile Photo

Who made the new Tenere Tree ???

Departement d' Agadez Jun 21, 2005 at 4:13 PM

Here is what I am looking for :

In 1973, the famous Tenere Tree ( an acacia ), in The Niger part of the Tenere desert ( the desert in the Sahara desert ), was hit to death by a lybien truck. For centuries, this tree was a living milestone for the camels caravan; it was the only tree at 400 km around.

In order to replace it, in 1974, somebody or a group of people or an organization, built and installed a new Tenere Tree made of metal, holding long distance spotlights powered by a wind mill coupled to a dynamo. Here are a photo of the original tree and a photo of the new tree .

Do you know who they are ? If not, do you know who could know ?

Later on, in 1998, a famous Japanese Artist, Katsuyuki Shinohara made a monument called "Tree of Wind" on the new Tenere Tree site. Ihis sculpture should not be confused with the "new Tenere Tree".
      Photo of the monument exist at

Please help me !!!

Regards !

1 Answer Aug 24, 2005 at 11:01 AM