change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Popular Departement d' Agadez Travel Answer Locations

• Tours in Niger

Agadez Jun 9, 2014 at 7:24 PM

Does anyone have suggestions for a local Niger company or reliable driver that do reliable budget level trips within the country. We're adventurous, flexible and experienced travelers (recently to Cameroon, Sudan, Mali) and have up to 3 weeks in December 2014-January 2015.
      Thanks for any suggestions.

1 Answer Jun 9, 2014 at 9:31 PM
    • Travelling to Agadez & Ingal in 2010/2011

Ingal Aug 6, 2010 at 4:04 PM

Does anyone have playback on the current situation in this area ? I would like to visit Gerewol but have been told it may be unsafe. Any info. would be helpful, Thanks. Kay Johnson

• travelling from agadez to algeria

Departement d' Agadez Apr 30, 2007 at 6:44 PM

how many days does it take to travel from agadez through the sahara to algeria

• Teimur's Profile Photo

Guides!! Excursions!

Agadez Jan 25, 2006 at 7:40 AM

Can anyone tell me what an independent guide costs per day? For example, a 4 day trip for two people?? Is anyone planning on being there and going to the Air mountains at the end of February?

Best,
      Teimur

1 Answer Feb 18, 2006 at 1:42 AM
    • Nabuchodonosor's Profile Photo

Who made the new Tenere Tree ???

Departement d' Agadez Jun 21, 2005 at 4:13 PM

Here is what I am looking for :

In 1973, the famous Tenere Tree ( an acacia ), in The Niger part of the Tenere desert ( the desert in the Sahara desert ), was hit to death by a lybien truck. For centuries, this tree was a living milestone for the camels caravan; it was the only tree at 400 km around.

In order to replace it, in 1974, somebody or a group of people or an organization, built and installed a new Tenere Tree made of metal, holding long distance spotlights powered by a wind mill coupled to a dynamo. Here are a photo of the original tree members.aol.com/saharayro/ar... and a photo of the new tree nomad-s-land.com/alphot/t20.... .

Do you know who they are ? If not, do you know who could know ?

Later on, in 1998, a famous Japanese Artist, Katsuyuki Shinohara made a monument called "Tree of Wind" on the new Tenere Tree site. Ihis sculpture should not be confused with the "new Tenere Tree".
      Photo of the monument exist at www012.upp.so-net.ne.jp/nige....

Please help me !!!

Regards !

1 Answer Aug 24, 2005 at 11:01 AM