Travel Answers
Departamento del Valle del Cauca

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Baranguilla Jazz festival and things to experience in the surroundings of the festival area

Barranquilla Yesterday

Hi there, I am considering to visit the Barranquilla jazz festival in september 2014. what hotels not far from the festival would you recommend. All I will need is a clean room, a good bed and breakfast. Any tips for things to do during the day and the nightlife in this area?

more
    • Medellin Airport

Medellín Yesterday

Is it dangerous to take a cab from the airport to Poblado late at night

more
    • Visiting a friend in exchange

Bogotá Jun 16, 2014 at 12:11 PM

Hi,

So I have a friend who's going to Bogota in August 2014 (until December) for an exchange.
      I am seriously thinking of visiting her in September, but before, I would like to know what is worth visiting around.
      So according to you, what are the nice places to go to in Bogota? Or any other interesting city in Columbia in general?

I would like to really discover the columbian culture and traditions, not just staying in the city. So please feel free to let me know if you have any good idea! Thank you all!

more
    • Water Safety

Cartagena Jul 2, 2014 at 7:27 AM

Is the tap water safe to drink?

more

Popular Departamento del Valle del Cauca Travel Answer Locations

• HenryL21's Profile Photo

Multicentro in Palmira

Palmira Jan 25, 2013 at 12:22 PM

I heard they are building a Multicentro and apartments complex near Palmira. How have they progressed?

• Information needed

Cali Jan 16, 2013 at 5:03 PM

I am planning a trip to Cali Columbia, everywhere I look or ask everyone tells me not to go that it is not a safe place to travel to. Please if you could share with me your experiences or any information.
      Thank you

4 Answers Jun 24, 2013 at 6:35 PM
    • Traegary's Profile Photo

park or lake for pinic?

Cali Dec 19, 2011 at 9:55 PM

I will be in Cali soon and am looking for a place to take my girlfriend who is colombian on a pinic or maybe rent bikes or a canoe! does anyone know any parks or lakes in cali for this! I am looking for things to do in the day outside! thanks

• Hotel Near Cali Airport

Cali Oct 14, 2010 at 9:57 AM

Can anyone suggest a moderate priced hotel near the Cali Airport?

1 Answer May 31, 2011 at 5:13 PM
    • Art Galleries and Museums

Cali May 31, 2010 at 6:52 AM

I've heard there is an interesting erotic art museum in Cali which is pretty underground? Does anyone know about it?

• Is it Safe to Drive from Cali to Buenaventura?

Cali Nov 5, 2009 at 11:43 AM

Can anyone comment on the safety of renting a car at the Cali airport
      and driving to Buenaventura?

What is the safest way to get to Cali?

Cali Jul 22, 2008 at 10:16 AM

I am planning a trip to Cali in Nov! what is the safest way to get there? Is there a airport? or will iI have to fly to Bogota and drive? I am very worried about driving from city to city in colombia. Tell me how to get there! Thanks

3 Answers Aug 22, 2008 at 2:29 AM

please some one tell me the truth

Cali Jun 3, 2008 at 2:20 PM

I am planing a trip to Cali and recently I have heard it is not safe for me to go there. I have been to Bogota 3 times and have not had problems. But I was just told that it is danegrouis for me in Cali? I know I am a gringo but do know what not to do. well I want to visit but now I am haveing second thoughts. what do you think? can someone tell me a good hotel safe nice location, pool just good hotel I am young so i will want to party a little. but I dont want to put my self in danger.. please tell me where to go.....Thanks Gringo who loves south america

3 Answers Sep 3, 2008 at 1:24 PM
    • llego en cali por trabajo

Cali Apr 6, 2008 at 7:37 AM

hola, soy gianni desde italia y llegere en cali por trabajo y me quedere , creo, cinco meses....estoy buscando un cuarto donde vivir y me gustaria conocer alguien por hacer conocencia .
      saludos...
      www.islachica.it

1 Answer May 16, 2008 at 3:57 PM
    • Bel_en's Profile Photo

I NEED AN APART SUITE IN CALI

Cali Mar 8, 2008 at 6:48 AM

Hello,

I need to find a nice place to stay in Cali for about 3 months while I do a research. I heard about apart-suites which will be very good. I need to be near the Municipal Office (EMCALI).
      Any advice is very very welcome....gracias por su ayuda!

• englishman007's Profile Photo

Visiting Cali in April first time

Cali Jan 15, 2008 at 8:57 PM

Hi, I'll be visiting Cali in April,and being gay, I was hoping someone might give me a few pointers into where to go and where not to go. I know in many latin countries, gay life is very don;t ask don't tell. Is there a specific area where I can go and stay, or are gay clubs spread out over the city? What do I need to look out for- I live in new York, so obviously I'll use my gut feeligns, but any ideas on specifics I should look out for- hustlers, and the like- that I might miss... any decent hotels in the gay area?
      Many thanks Mike

9 Answers Jun 26, 2012 at 9:25 PM
    • Computer stores in Cali

Cali Sep 13, 2007 at 12:42 PM

Can anyone recommend a good computer store in Cali with a good selection of laptops?

1 Answer Sep 13, 2007 at 2:46 PM
    • ericdharma's Profile Photo

Going to Cali in January. Should I book hotel in advance?

Cali Nov 8, 2006 at 6:28 AM

I have been doing some research on travel in Colombia and from what I can gather it seems to have a pretty strongly enforced 2 tier pricing structure for foreigners. I would like to find out if it would be better price wise to book my hotel accomodations online in advance or wait until I get into town. Also need advice on how to organise the trip. I am also interested in going to Bogota. I´m considering a 3 month trip so how would you suggest that I break up the time in between the 2 locations. My primary reason for going is to get experience speaking Castellano.

1 Answer Nov 12, 2006 at 2:37 PM
    • KNIGHT3312000's Profile Photo

Anyone Out there

Cali Aug 10, 2006 at 1:23 PM

Are there any foreigners that I could contact that could give me some information about Cali.

2 Answers Sep 7, 2006 at 11:35 AM
    • risitas123_6's Profile Photo

I want to meet people around the world

El Valle Feb 12, 2006 at 6:08 PM

I am a pretty, and intelligent Colombian woman, and I wanted to know a lot of people of other countries. I am very adventurous, and I like a lot to travel to other cities, my next trip is Brazil. I know everything Colombia and their surroundings, it is impressive, I have had a good time a lot. I am very chancy and I want to find people as me that is not him afraid to anything that looks for without what wants resting. My msn is risitas123_6@hotmail.com... if you want meet me.

Ivonne.... kisses and hugs

1 Answer Feb 4, 2007 at 10:38 PM
    • jacobtafler's Profile Photo

travel informtion

Cali Apr 19, 2005 at 2:04 PM

i will visit cali for the first time any 3 star hotel in the center of the city save place around 20 dolares a night and some good places to go out for the single man thanks for any informtion jacobtafler@yahoo.com

1 Answer Nov 10, 2005 at 10:14 AM
    • security in cali and Cartago ville

Cali Oct 12, 2003 at 10:53 PM

Hi, I am planing to travel to colombia with my girlfriend, she is colombian. We are going to visit her family in Cartago ville... I am not sure if it will be safe for americans to travel there... If I use reasonable precautions and avoid hotels and such do you think it would be safe for me to travel there? Let me know.. you can also write directly to me Pmularoni@hotmail.com. ANY INFO/ INPUT WOULD BE GREAT!!!

3 Answers Nov 30, 2003 at 3:23 AM
    • sanjosanjo's Profile Photo

Map of Cali

Cali Aug 12, 2003 at 1:54 PM

Hello all, We are travelling to Cali on August 18, 2003. We are adopting a baby boy and we will be staying in town at the Hotel Pacifico. Does anyone have a map of Cali? I would like to know how far the hotel is from the local shopping areas.

2 Answers Nov 10, 2005 at 10:30 AM