Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Popular Departamento del Amazonas Travel Answer Locations

• Jungle trip Amazon - book in advance?

Leticia Oct 22, 2014 at 10:53 AM

Hi!
      I'm planning to go to Leticia in December to join a 2/3/4 dans jungle trip from there. Do hou have to book this trip in advance or can I book this trip in the dag of arrival in Leticia?
      Hope someone can help me :-)

1 Answer Oct 22, 2014 at 12:38 PM
    • Traveling into Brazil/Amazon rainforest--Brazil visa?

Leticia Jun 20, 2009 at 10:32 PM

Hello,
      I will be traveling to leticia in august. I want to explore some of the amazon rainforest in brazil. I know a brazil visa is required for americans. Is it necessary if I will be taking day trips from leticia? Are there passport checks if I'm taking a boat into brazil to stay for a night. I would love to avoid the 200 fee as I am a cheap traveller.

Let me know your experiences with crossing between Colombia (leticia) and Brazil.

2 Answers Jul 29, 2010 at 4:16 PM
    • Terje1966's Profile Photo

Leticia

Leticia Oct 22, 2008 at 5:03 PM

Hello.
      Thinking of going a short trip to Leticia area in jan or febr.Will stay only
      3-5days. Maybe try to catch a boat to Iquitos and back.
      My questions are
      1, Is this a good or bad time for malaria or is it the same all year round in this area?
      2, Is it recommended to take pills for this short trip?
      3, Are there any other places(cities) worth seeing between Leticia and Iquitos where we can leave the boat?
      4, What is the nearest place in Peru (to Leticia) and how do we get there.
      5, Is it possible to go on any kind of fishing trip from Leticia?

2 Answers May 16, 2009 at 5:20 PM
    • waltinsocal's Profile Photo

Leticia to Bogota

Leticia Feb 21, 2008 at 2:48 PM

I will be in Leticia later this year, and understand that Aero Republica has one daily flight to Bogota. I have 2 questions and really appreciate any answers: (1) Does any other airline have such a flight; and (2) Has anyone taken this flight, and how reliable is this airline? Thanks again for your assistance.

7 Answers Mar 13, 2008 at 3:12 PM
    • Boat connection from Leticia to Manaus?

Leticia Sep 29, 2006 at 9:44 AM

Hello!
      Does anybody knows if is possible to get from Leticia to Manaus by boat? I'm on a budget and flying is my last option :) Cheers

1 Answer Oct 6, 2006 at 10:04 PM
    • Brazilian Consular services in Leticia

Leticia Jan 17, 2004 at 8:51 AM

I understand that there are Brazilian Consular offices in Leticia. Does anybody know how long it takes and what it costs to get a visa to travel through Brazil. I am a Canadian and require a visa. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Dave the dentist

1 Answer Oct 6, 2006 at 10:16 PM