Travel Answers
Departamento de Tarija

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• ChioQuiroz's Profile Photo

Has aynone been in February at the salt flats?

Uyuni Dec 15, 2014 at 8:55 AM

I'm in my planning tour for SA and the best I could fit Uyuni and the the salt flat tour is beginning of February.
      I read that Jan & Feb are not the best to visit since due to weather it can get limited to the outside.
      Has anyone had any bad weather experience? how do the tour agencies usually handle the bad weather? they cancel or they just go ahead and do it?
      Thanks

more

Popular Departamento de Tarija Travel Answer Locations

• Place to sleep near VIVI airport

Santa Cruz May 21, 2014 at 2:58 PM

Hi guys,
      i am leaving this beautiful country from santa cruz and was just wondering if you know a hostel close to the airport? i am going to arrive to Santa cruz by bus from cochabamba and also was thinking to stay near main terminal station as i heard i can take a public transport from there to the airport, is that right? or what are your suggestion? i will not have time to visit the city so i want to stay somewhere close to the airport.

thank you

• ToBeInspired's Profile Photo

Getting to Ambue Ari

Santa Cruz Oct 31, 2013 at 3:08 PM

I'm going to be working at an animal refuge, for a month, called Ambue Ari. It's located 348km from Santa Cruz and about 45 minutes from Guarayo. I've seen the sites instructions, but wondering if anyone's gone there? Or do you know any sites that would give me maps to better find the train/stations? I don't speak Spanish fluently, so just want to be better prepared.

• Airline Change

Santa Cruz Oct 23, 2013 at 5:33 PM

If I change airlines at VVI (Copa to Aerolineas Argentinas) with a 3 hour layover, do I need to go through customes?

1 Answer Oct 23, 2013 at 7:44 PM
    • Bus to Puerto Suárez

Santa Cruz Mar 11, 2013 at 5:02 PM

Can anyone tell me the companies and timetable between Sta Cruz and Puerto Suárez by bus ?

2 Answers Mar 11, 2013 at 6:53 PM
    • jacobtafler's Profile Photo

santa cruz hotels

Santa Cruz Aug 22, 2010 at 1:20 PM

hi fdirst time in santa cruz any recomdtion of 20 dolars hotel in save place in centro thanks alot

3 Answers Mar 4, 2011 at 2:38 AM
    • White Pages of Santa Cruz de la Sierra

Santa Cruz Feb 3, 2010 at 3:51 AM

Hope this is the right Forum.

hey there, where can i get an updated whitepages directory of santa cruz? stuff i found online is either very old or not updated at all. thanks for your help.

cheers
      LunaCH

• How do I get from Cuiaba (brasil) to Santa Cruz?

Santa Cruz Feb 25, 2007 at 4:08 PM

I want to get from Cuiaba to Santa Cruz, how should I do this, the closest border crossing is Caceres-San Matias but the road from there to Santa Cruz isin bad condition this time of the year (thats what they told me..), should I better go to Campo Grande and fly to Santa Cruz or take the train from Corumba?

Thanks!

Mien

2 Answers Feb 25, 2009 at 7:12 AM
    • Santa Cruz, Bolivia to Brazil

Santa Cruz Jan 7, 2007 at 10:21 AM

Hi

I want to get from Santa Cruz, Bolivia to Corumba in Brazil. How can I do this, ie do I have to fly or is it possible to go by bus/train. I am looking to travel at the end of January 2007.

Thanks,

James

3 Answers Sep 2, 2010 at 9:39 AM
    • flights into

Santa Cruz Aug 8, 2006 at 2:42 AM

Hi,

Im looking at getting a cheap flight into Santa Cruz, Bolivia, from Rio.THe plan is then to bus it to La Paz and beyond. Is there a no frills carrier that I could check out? Does anyone have an idea of the cost?

2 Answers Jan 8, 2007 at 3:49 PM
    • flights into

Santa Cruz Aug 8, 2006 at 12:26 AM

Hi,

Im looking at getting a cheap flight into Santa Cruz, Bolivia, from Rio.THe plan is then to bus it to La Paz and beyond. Is there a no frills carrier that I could check out? Does anyone have an idea of the cost?

1 Answer Aug 8, 2006 at 12:36 AM
    • From Santa Cruz de la Sierra to Uyuni and La Paz?

Santa Cruz Jan 16, 2006 at 12:16 PM

How much does a bus cost to/from Uyuni and La Paz and how long does the trip take?

• Tarija: buying a suit

Tarija Jul 26, 2004 at 4:13 AM

hi there We are going on a three week tour of Bolivia, ending up in Tarija for a wedding. As we are backpacking, neither my husband or I are keen to take suits, shoes etc for the wedding. Can anyone reccommend some shops in the major cities where my husband can get a suit and shoes (I'm all right, my dress folds down to nothing!) Thanks very much!

• Internal flights

Santa Cruz Jul 10, 2004 at 2:19 AM

I want to fly to La Paz in October from Santa Cruz de La sierra. Any tips or advice would be welcome.

3 Answers Aug 15, 2006 at 12:37 AM
    • Santa cruz?

Santa Cruz Sep 21, 2003 at 8:08 PM

dear vitual traveler, Flying into Santa Cruz from the US. On my way to Tarija, but is there any highlight I should know about Santa Cruz or it's surrounding areas? thank youuuuuuuuu.

1 Answer Sep 25, 2003 at 1:11 PM
    • davfin's Profile Photo

Spiders in Bolivia?

Santa Cruz Aug 6, 2003 at 5:10 AM

Dear Virtourosos, I am going to Bolivia (Santa Cruz and Camiri) for a week and suffer from an irrational phobia of spiders. Could anyone who has been in Bolivia tell me of the real probabilites of encountering spiders, what kinds of spiders they are, and any possible real risks involved? I am aware of a host of other exciting aspects of visiting Bolivia but would like to allay (or prepare for) these particular prospects ASAP. Thanks! David Finer Stockholm

3 Answers Aug 15, 2006 at 12:42 AM
    • chancay's Profile Photo

Santa Cruz de la Sierra

Santa Cruz Feb 27, 2003 at 1:12 AM

Are you all sure you built your pages on the right city?? I think you all are describing Santa Cruz de la Sierra in the departamento de Santa Cruz and not Santa Cruz in the departamento de Tarija....???

10 Answers Mar 1, 2003 at 4:43 AM