Departamento de Rivas

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• By bus to San Carlos from Managua

San Carlos Nov 23, 2014 at 9:37 PM

Despite the traveler's account above of the trip from San CArlos to Managua by bus, does anyone have more info in the opposite direction? I need to travel to San Carlos on Saturday, January 17, stay overnight in San Carlos and catch a boat across the border the next day - at 10.30am, I believe.

Does anyone have a schedule for the bus trip and the border crossing?

Would so much appreciate it!
      Many thanks!
      Kenny Mann

more

Popular Departamento de Rivas Travel Answer Locations

• Ferry schedule from Altagracia to Granada

Isla de Ometepe Jan 17, 2014 at 9:51 AM

I am interested in taking the ferry from Altagracia to Granada. The schedule indicates that the ferry leaves Friday at 24:00 (midnight). Would this mean Thurs night/Friday morning or Friday night/Saturday morning. I'm slightly confused as 24:00 is not actually used in military time. Thanks for helping!

2 Answers Jan 17, 2014 at 10:50 AM
    • Nancy1jean's Profile Photo

Nicaragua: From Montelimar (Barcelo) to San Jorge (Ferry)

Isla de Ometepe Oct 1, 2013 at 9:54 AM

Hi! Does anyone knows how long it takes from Montelimar to San Jorge (Ferry for Moyogalpa) with by car. How much aproximately will a taxi cost for that ride ?
      Or, is there any bus we can take and go direct ?

Many thanks
      Nancy
      nancy1jean@gmail.com

• Bus to San Juan del Sur

San Juan del Sur Sep 30, 2013 at 5:34 PM

Can anyone tell me if there is a bus that travels from Rivas to San Juan del Sur and how much the cost is? We are traveling to Rivas from Costa Rica on the Tica Bus and last time it cost us $25 for a taxi to take us to San Juan del Sur which is expensive and hoping to just take the bus instead. Thanks in advance.

1 Answer Oct 4, 2013 at 9:44 AM
    • San Juan del Sur - Mid November 2011

San Juan del Sur Oct 27, 2011 at 7:26 PM

I'm going to San Juan del Sur with a couple of friends mid November for a little over a week. We were thinking of basing there, then visiting Leon, Granada, Bluefields, and Somoto Gorge. We are renting a car for the period we are there. I was curious if anyone can tell me what the gasoline costs are currently to help us estimate our trip costs. We plan to drive to Leon for a day stopping in Granada with an overnight stay, maybe more on way back to San Juan del Sur. I was wondering if Masaya or any where between Granada and San Juan del Sur would be good to see.

As Somoto Gorge and Bluefields are long drives from there and our time is short, I thought flying to them would be the best idea. I was wondering if someone can tell me the name of any small prop planes flying between San Juan del Sur (looks as Rivas is closest airport) and Bluefield and San Juan del Sur and Somoto (looks as Esteli is closest airport).

Also if anyone can tell me the typical weather mid November (looks as though it is end of wet season/start of dry) - what would be the day temperature compared to night temperature?

Thank you in advance for any information anyone can provide.

2 Answers Nov 2, 2011 at 7:24 AM
    • Weather in San Juan del Sur Nicaragua

San Juan del Sur Feb 17, 2011 at 7:00 AM

I'm visiting Nicarague in March and i was wondering the weather conditions in San Juan Del Sur at that time, i'm going the 19-27 and would really like to know what to bring! please get back to me

1 Answer Feb 17, 2011 at 9:52 AM
    • RETIRE?

San Juan del Sur Nov 26, 2010 at 9:04 PM

Is this city a good place to retire? Is it safe? Is it costly or is it very reasonable to live ,eat shop here. Is there nice places to live for long term, 2-years or more?
      Please get back to me soon....
      TRULY

Ramon

1 Answer Nov 27, 2010 at 3:55 PM
    • Irish House Bar, SJDS

San Juan del Sur Apr 21, 2010 at 7:47 PM

Does anyone have a phone number, email address, or website info for the Irish House Bar in San Juan del Sur?

1 Answer May 6, 2010 at 10:25 AM
    • San Juan Del Sur in March

San Juan del Sur Feb 3, 2010 at 8:04 PM

I'm traveling to San Juan Del Sur in March and will be staying for a week. I understand it's low season and I'm curious what the town is like at this time. Is there a night life or is everything dead? Any help would be appreciated.

2 Answers Oct 14, 2010 at 7:51 AM
    • pobblepop's Profile Photo

accomodation

San Juan del Sur Mar 22, 2009 at 3:07 PM

does anyone know of a cheap guesthouse or hostel in san juan del sur.. one that has a website.. the ones that i have tried contacting that only give their email address havnt got back to me at all!! thanks!!

• Tennis Courts

San Juan del Sur Aug 15, 2008 at 7:47 AM

Is there a nearby tennis resort? I already have accommodations but would like to schedule court time and lessons with a pro. Thanks for your help!

• weather

San Juan del Sur May 13, 2008 at 12:03 PM

what's the average temperature and rain fall for july and august in san juan del sur ni ?

1 Answer May 21, 2008 at 12:08 PM
    • Getting there from San Jose

San Juan del Sur Apr 24, 2006 at 5:38 PM

My elderly family is meeting me in San Juan del Sur this summer. I am wondering about the options available to them in getting from San Jose to San Juan del Sur. They are not seasoned travelers, so I'm hoping for something easy and safe for them. Also, since they are coming in from Alaska, I want them to enjoy the hot temps when they arrive, so I'm leaving the Tica bus as a last resort since they seem to be so heavily air conditioned. I'd appreciate any advice!

1 Answer Apr 25, 2006 at 5:29 AM
    • getting from manuel antonio costa rica to san juan del sur

San Juan del Sur Jul 10, 2005 at 12:41 PM

Does anyone have any advice on the easiest way to get from Manual Antonio Costa Rica to San Juan Del Sur Nicaragua? I will be a single female traveling alone and want to do it safely. Also does anyone have any comments about the safety of the beaches in the south western part of Nicaragua? Any advice would be appreciated!!!

• Have you been to San Juan del Sur?

San Juan del Sur Oct 7, 2003 at 3:23 PM

What was your impression? How was the fishing? How would you compare it to Costa Rica? Is it safe?Are the prices reasonable?

2 Answers Jan 8, 2006 at 2:39 PM
    • Isla de Ometepe

Isla de Ometepe Jun 11, 2003 at 3:20 PM

I am hoping to travel to Isla de Ometepe in January, and am looking for any good adivce on where to stay, eat, hike, relax, etc.

1 Answer Dec 31, 2003 at 6:52 AM