Travel Answers
Departamento de Quetzaltenango

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• I'm moving to Antigua Guatemala long term in the next couple of months , I need tips, ideas

Antigua Guatemala Yesterday

My name is Francisco, and I'll be moving to Antigua guatemala. I need tips on where is good to look for houses for rent long term as well as good pricing and security.? Also where to start looking for jobs etc. Any feed back will be appreciated . thanks

more
    • Safety/flooding in coban Guatemala

Cobán Jul 12, 2014 at 6:41 PM

About to take my son to coban next week. Any concerns about safety or flooding?

more
    • Is Coban safe for tourists?

Cobán Jul 12, 2014 at 5:59 PM

I am traveling next week with my 11 year old son to Coban, Guatemala and i picked up two disturbing things online. So, I'm wondering if i need to rethink my trip and not go to Coban now.

Two concerns:
      1) Drug cartels from Mexico in Coban. I should have seen this earlier, but i was just checking on the weather and the safety of the roads due to the heavy rain when i saw a few articles about the fact that cartels were killing people in Coban. Is this still happening? Is this something that happens off the beaten track or should tourists worry about this, should i change my plans?

2) Flooding. I expected rain in the rainy season, but when i looked at the last ten days, it looked like there were severe rains and i saw flood warnings in other parts of Guatemala. If anyone is visiting there now, or recently, it would be great to get a sense of if this is a real problem or just the typical intermittent rain this time of year.

Thanks,

Paul

more
    • Transportation and Spanish schools?

San Pedro La Laguna Jun 29, 2014 at 1:10 PM

Hi there!
      I'm planning on spending August studying Spanish in Guatemala, ideally at la Coopertiva (but open to suggestions). I know next to no Spanish and will be a solo female traveller, so I'm a bit concerned about getting there alone. My two questions are:

1) What's the safest way to get there from the airport for someone who can't speak Spanish (yet)?
      2) If anyone has taken classes at La Coopertiva or another Spanish school in San Pedro, would you be willing to chat one on one about your experience?

Thanks!

more

Popular Departamento de Quetzaltenango Travel Answer Locations

• Lady_Disdain's Profile Photo

Getting to Quetzaltenango

Quetzaltenango May 3, 2010 at 7:28 AM

How do I get from Guatemala City (where my international flight arrives) to Quetzaltenango?

4 Answers Oct 26, 2010 at 12:11 PM
    • Gretax's Profile Photo

do you know of a gym?

Quetzaltenango Oct 27, 2005 at 11:04 AM

This board is so cool and interesting. I'll be spending some time here and reading everyone's posts.

My question is: is there a gym in Xela where a lady can work out? I'll be studying there for five weeks in the spring of 2006, and that's too long to go without lifting.

Any recommendation will be appreciated.

Another question: how are things going after the flooding from Hurricane Stan? It is so hard to get news from there. It seems as if everyone's weblogs are out-of-date. If you have any news at all, please post. Do they have electricity, water, telephones etc? What's a good place to send aid...? Is the road open to Guatemala City?

Thanks for any answers you may have.
      Greta

1 Answer Nov 5, 2005 at 9:12 PM
    • Gretax's Profile Photo

do you know of a gym?

Quetzaltenango Oct 27, 2005 at 10:25 AM

This board is so cool and interesting. I'll be spending some time here and reading everyone's posts.

My question is: is there a gym in Xela where a lady can work out? I'll be studying there for five weeks in the spring of 2006, and that's too long to go without lifting.

Any recommendation will be appreciated.

Another question: how are things going after the flooding from Hurricane Stan? It is so hard to get news from there. It seems as if everyone's weblogs are out-of-date. If you have any news at all, please post. Do they have electricity, water, telephones etc? What's a good place to send aid...? Is the road open to Guatemala City?

Thanks for any answers you may have.
      Greta

• Boosmom's Profile Photo

Help! I need a correct E-mail address for Hotel Playa Linda in Panajachel

Panajachel May 23, 2005 at 10:50 PM

Does anyone have a recent E-mail address for the Hotel Playa Linda in Panajachel? I have heard good things about it, but keep getting my E-mails sent back. Do they have a fax number that anyone knows of? Thanks for all the help!! :)

2 Answers May 28, 2005 at 6:50 PM