change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Rental car

Puno Mar 21, 2014 at 1:09 PM

Hi

does anybody know if there is a rental car station in Puno or Juliaca? I cannot find anyone...

Thanks for helping!

Veronika

more

Popular Departamento de Puno Travel Answer Locations

• Rental car

Puno Mar 21, 2014 at 1:09 PM

Hi

does anybody know if there is a rental car station in Puno or Juliaca? I cannot find anyone...

Thanks for helping!

Veronika

3 Answers Mar 28, 2014 at 3:44 PM
    • meeting people to visit the city and around

Puno Sep 3, 2013 at 4:58 PM

Hi. I'm in Puno for 4 months and I d like to meet people to have a walk or visit the city and around, for the people who stay maybe more long term or so? or have a coffee or something? y mejorar nuestro espanol tambien!
      let me know please. I'm easy going!

• Bus from Copacabana to Puno

Puno Apr 15, 2012 at 7:13 AM

Hello,
      we are planning to travell around Bolivia and Peru in June/July. Unfortunately, we cannot find any info if there are any buses leaving Copacabana to Puno during the afternoon. We are going to Copacabana from La Paz, maybe there are some direct lines? Could you please help? Do you know any website or agency where we could find info about buses from La Paz/Copacabana to Puno? Thanks a lot.

3 Answers Apr 15, 2012 at 11:44 PM
    • How is Train from Cusco to Puno?

Puno Mar 12, 2012 at 5:57 PM

Is it better to take a plain with 2 kids?

5 Answers Mar 15, 2012 at 3:27 AM
    • xhugorichardx's Profile Photo

How do I add a new hotel in the page from Puno?

Puno Sep 14, 2011 at 2:57 PM

How can i add a new "hotel" in the city of Puno adding information, photos, rooms, etc? Please... It's the first time I'm in this page, I found it interesting

• Titicaca boats

Puno Jun 28, 2011 at 7:08 AM

Hi!
      I plan a trip to Tiicaca Lake in mid Septemebr.
      I will start in Puno, then the lake and Bolivia.
      I want to see Uros, Tequile, Amantani and then Del Sol and Copacabana.
      Do you know the schedule for boats in Puno?
      Are there any boats apart from organized tours?
      Can I go to Del Sol but visit all the islands on my way?
      Do you know a schedule of boats from Del Sol to Copacabana?

Thank you so much for your tips!

Basia

1 Answer Jun 29, 2011 at 12:54 PM
    • 9tigers's Profile Photo

how do I get to from puno to the many island of lake titicaca

Puno Jun 22, 2011 at 9:23 AM

I read from others that it is probably not a good idea to stay at puno long, but rather in one of the island, is that so?
      how do I get to easily from puno to Taquile islands? should I stay overnight there and then go somewhere else (other island) later?
      I also read Uros floating islands is not that great, it is best just to pass by
      when I get to Taquile island will I pass by floating island?
      I also read to get to Copacabana and maybe to the Isla del Sol is also worth it, but how do I get there, it is from Taquile island?

I read somewhere if I just get the boat to Taquile islands, I can easily find family housing there????

4 Answers Jun 27, 2011 at 7:09 AM
    • 9tigers's Profile Photo

what bus company to use to get from cusco to puno, I do not want a tour bus

Puno Jun 22, 2011 at 8:54 AM

Just want to get from cusco to puno.
      I read about imexso that is tour bus not just a travel from one point to another bus, then there are ormeno that is no good either read some bad report online.

• Titicaca trip

Puno Jun 13, 2011 at 2:15 AM

Hi!
      We are seniors and we plan a trip to Peru in mid September.
      How much time should we plan for Titicaca?
      Should we stay in Puno or there are other nice places?
      What’s worth seeing there?
      Anything you can recommend?

Thanks so much!

Basia

3 Answers Jun 28, 2011 at 7:03 AM
    • Bus from Puno to La Paz

Puno May 4, 2011 at 2:20 AM

I am wanting to take an overnight bus from Puno bus station direct to La Paz - is this possible and what is the best company to do this with?

Many thanks

4 Answers May 6, 2011 at 5:52 AM
    • not to sure

Puno Apr 28, 2011 at 3:12 AM

I don't no where to go i have this school trip and i we are going to Peru and i am not sure what we should do all i no is that we are going for 3 weeks and we are doing the sacred walk. i wanted to go to the floating islands but not to sure what we can do there.

3 Answers May 6, 2011 at 2:18 AM
    • Lake titicaca -what is the difference between Amantani and Llachon???

Juliaca Feb 3, 2010 at 2:48 AM

I am planning to go Lake titicaca can someone tell me what is a good tour to join who speak English.

Thanks for your kindly attention!!!

2 Answers Feb 3, 2010 at 7:02 AM
    • Gutmaw's Profile Photo

Cuzco to Puno

Puno Jan 23, 2010 at 6:41 AM

Two of us travelling from Cusco to Puno
      What options are there and approx cost

Two days later moving on from Puno to Copacabana (hotel Rosario Del Lago again What best options?

1 Answer Jan 23, 2010 at 7:26 AM
    • Puno To Copacabana

Puno Jan 9, 2010 at 11:17 AM

Hi There,

Can anyone tell me a safe and reliable bus company or other mode of transport for getting from Puno to Copacabana.

I arrive in Puno at around 6:00pm, should I stay a night there and get a bus in the morning or try and get to Copacabana that night?

Cheers

6 Answers Feb 11, 2010 at 2:20 AM
    • Pls advice the bus from La Paz to Uyuni booking time?Also from Juliaca to La Paz.

Puno Jan 4, 2010 at 11:09 PM

Please kindly advice the bus information from La to Uyuni and Juliaca to La Paz. Many thanks!!!

• Northern part of the department (San Antonio de Putina, La Rinconada, Colo Colo)

Departamento de Puno May 19, 2009 at 4:54 AM

Hello,

Is it possible to visit archeaological site Colo Colo in San Antonio de Putina province and where could I get more information about it? Also, is it possible to visit La Rinconada (the highest town in the world)? What kind of roads are there (we'd visit in July)?

• Tourist bus from Puno to La Paz

Puno Apr 15, 2009 at 4:33 AM

Can anyone suggest a reliable tourist bus company which would take us from Puno to La Paz allowing us to have a 2 night stay in Copacabana?

2 Answers Apr 15, 2009 at 2:20 PM
    • Where to Stay

Puno Mar 9, 2009 at 7:26 PM

HI
      Has anyone heard/stayed at Santa Maria in Puno? What hotels/hostels do you recommend that are clean and in a good location?
      Thanks
      Arly :)

1 Answer Mar 10, 2009 at 3:41 PM
    • Puno then Copacabana

Puno Mar 7, 2009 at 1:59 PM

Hi,
      Hi i arrive from cuzco to puno and want to visit islands, and next day take the bus in the morning to copacabana.
      Can i visit floating islands and taquile in one day?
      Any other islands on the peruvian side i shouldn´t miss?
      Since I leave next morning to Bolivia, should I spend night at Puno instead than at an island with a family?

2 Answers Mar 10, 2009 at 3:46 PM
    • Bus from Arequipa to Copacabana via Puno

Puno Mar 5, 2009 at 8:36 AM

Hello,

does anybody know whether or not it is possible to travel in one day from Arequipa to Copacabana (via Puno)? We don't want to take a nightbus because they are not save.

thanks for your help!

8 Answers Mar 7, 2009 at 9:50 AM
    • Puno Bus Arrival & Island Boat Departure

Puno May 18, 2008 at 4:06 PM

If I arrive at Puno on a day bus from Cusco, arriving about 3-4 pm, is it possible to catch a boat to the islands for an overnight stay? Or do I have to stay overnight in Puno & catch a morning boat?

I greatly appreciate your insider's information.

4 Answers Dec 24, 2008 at 6:35 PM
    • Bus from cabanaconde to puno??

Departamento de Puno Mar 19, 2008 at 7:57 PM

We are planning to do some hiking in the Cabanaconde area in early April and are considering trying to go to Lake Titicaca afterwards. I know buses go from Arequipa to Puno, but was wondering if anyone knew of an option that would keep us from having to backtrack to Arequipa. Thanks for your help.

1 Answer Mar 21, 2008 at 2:36 PM
    • MLW20's Profile Photo

How many days in Puno

Puno Jan 11, 2008 at 1:33 PM

Hello,

I am looking to go to Peru in April. We are thinking of flying NY to Juliaca and then catching a bus to Puno to see Lake Titicaca.
      ----I was wondering- how many days are recommended to stay in this area? How much time is needed to see some of the islands on Titicaca? Is the overnight stay on an island worthwhile etc...??

Then we were planning to head to Cusco to see Machu Pichu and the Sacred Valley. I wrote Peru Rail and they said that there is no longer a backpacker class train to Cusco. The Andean Explorer costs143 for the one way trip. Can anyone else confirm that there is no longer a cheaper train ride to Cusco?

Thanks in advance for all of your help.

Any other info on Peru would also be appreciated!

7 Answers Jan 31, 2008 at 7:16 AM
    • Buses in Puno

Departamento de Puno Jan 8, 2008 at 7:17 AM

I need to take a bus from Puno to Arequipa on February 8. The Cruz del Sur bus company has told me that right now they do not have any buses scheduled for that day. I was told to contact Julsa SAC bus company, but their website does not work. Does anyone have email addresses for any bus companies in Puno that go to Arequipa?

Thanks
      Bob

4 Answers Jan 31, 2008 at 7:27 AM
    • festival of the Virgin of Candelaria

Puno Jan 4, 2008 at 4:05 AM

Hi there!

I really want to get to Puno for the festival of the Virgin of Candelaria on February 2nd but can anyone tell me what time the main procession takes place and if I were to miss it is there plenty of other events of this festival to see (and which days are best?)

Many thanks x

4 Answers Dec 24, 2008 at 6:25 PM
    • Cuzco (Cusco) - Puno: bus vs train

Puno Oct 28, 2007 at 8:29 AM

I've seen varied opinions on traveling to Puno via bus or train. The railroad portrays the130 version as a great luxury tourist experience. Some say the20 backpacker ticket is a rewarding journey. Some say the train is always delayed and rocks have been thrown through the windows. Some say the bus is faster, cheaper, just as scenic, just as comfortable. Others say the buses are rundown, smelly, motion sickness generators.

Does anyone have recent personal experience with these options, with specific company names or similar? Thanks.

4 Answers Nov 25, 2007 at 2:04 PM
    • One day tour lake titacaca with sport fishing

Departamento de Puno Oct 7, 2007 at 7:16 AM

Hi we ( 3 adults ) want to visit the Uros and Taquile Islands and do sport fishing
      on the way. In the case we get a hit we want to stop of cause a little while until
      we managed to get up the fish. What kind of fish is possible to catch?
      Ideally it is only the three of us who will be in the boat.Does anybody know somebody with a little boat suitable for that?
      Please tell us any suggestions.

Cheers, Frank

1 Answer Oct 7, 2007 at 12:35 PM
    • One-Day Tour in Lake Titicaca

Puno May 16, 2007 at 9:32 PM

Hi Everyone,

I will travel to Lake Titicaca in late July. I am looking for a one-day tour of the lake? Any recommendations as to tour companies or prices? I am planning to book the tour once I arrive in Puno.

Thanks,

2 Answers May 17, 2007 at 2:47 PM
    • Visit to Puno in June

Puno May 3, 2007 at 4:31 AM

We will visit Puno in June. We will arrive Arequipa from Lima. Any one have information of overnight bus from Arequipa to Puno. We wish to stay overnight in one of the island and back to Puno in the evening of next day so that we can travel to Cusco by night bus or day bus. Any information aboout how to make a tour in Lake Titicaca and stay overnight. Any information about overnight bus to Cusco. Thanks a lot!

1 Answer May 8, 2007 at 5:01 PM
    • Staying at Amantani Island with a local family but not through a tour operator

Isla Amantani Sep 16, 2006 at 7:48 AM

Dear all,

I am really looking forward to the idea of staying overnight with a local family tour on Amantani island.

I have read that many have done it through a travel agency/operator. However, I suspect that the family sees far less money if the stay is arranged that way.

I came across the following E-mail of the local community: pachatata_isla@yahoo.com

Unfortunately, the E-mail account does not exist anymore.

Can anybody help me on how to contact the local Amantani community and making sure most of the money is really benefiting them?

Regards,

Ignacio

2 Answers Sep 19, 2006 at 3:48 AM