Departamento de Piura

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• machu picchu without tour guide?

Cuzco Apr 15, 2014 at 1:05 PM

can someone tell me when is the cut off date to go to machu picchu without a tour guide?
      thanks

more
    • stamporama's Profile Photo

Questions, questions....

Cusco Mar 28, 2014 at 2:40 AM

1) Which gives a better exchange rate in Cusco, banks or money changers?
      2) What are the areas is Cusco that tourists should stay clear of?
      3) If we need to catch the 11 am train from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes, what time should we leave Cusco if we take a cab? How much is the current taxi fare between Cusco and Ollantaytambo, one-way? Or is there an alternative to a taxi, like maybe an express bus (same route)?
      4) I understand that food cannot be brought inside Machu Picchu but what about water? Could someone verify that it is allowed provided that it's in refillable containers but not in plastic disposable bottles?
      5) Finally, is it possible for Machu Picchu visitors to enter the Inca Trail in the reverse direction in order to view Winay Wayna? If yes, how much is the cost if any and is a guide still required for this?

Thanks for any responses!

more
    • fast early morning/midday/evening buses Cusco/puno

Cusco Mar 23, 2014 at 6:50 PM

We have found some buses that do Cusco to Puno arriving at 2 pm earliest. Are there any that arrive earlier in the day? We don't really care what sort of bus so long as its cheap and fast. (Local bus...?)

And wed also like to find a bus from Puno to Cusco that leaves in the afternoon, so arriving around 9 or 10. Just as long as this one doesnt leave in the morning and doesn't drive during the sleepiest hours, we want it.

Why do the bus companies only have early morning or overnight service?

more
    • PERU BEST TOURS OPERATOR?

Peru Mar 28, 2014 at 3:45 PM

A friend of us is booked with them for November. We would like to join....have anyone here used them?

Thanks in advance for any feedback...

more
    • JosephW10's Profile Photo

Travelling to Machu Picchu from 2th May to 6th May (4 nights)

Cusco Mar 25, 2014 at 12:07 PM

Hi everyone,

I will be staying in Cusco for 4 nights and will hope to visit Machu Picchu but i can only book my tickets 2 weeks before i travel so i am wondering is there sufficient time for me to book the train from Cusco to Machu Picchu ?

Joseph Ng

more
    • travel to Cuzco Machu picchu from Lima

Cuzco Mar 24, 2014 at 2:44 PM

it will be ok to go to Machu picchu for only three days two nights? Can I purchase the airplanes tickets in Lima?

more
    • TracyOS's Profile Photo

What to bring to Peru?

Peru Apr 14, 2014 at 5:24 PM

Any suggestions about what to pack for Lima, Cusco, Machu Picchu? I'm not backpacking and only there 1 week in May.

more
    • arriving in cusco

Cusco Mar 22, 2014 at 6:20 PM

I am heading to Cusco this April 11-28th. I was told to head straight to Sacred Valley after arriving into Cusco to help avoid altitude sickness I arrive at approx. 10:30am on Saturday and need to return to Cusco sometime Sunday afternoon. Is it worth spending the travel time? I will be doing volunteer work during the work, but have weekends off. Must go to Machu Picchu, do I need to purchase entrance/ train tickets this far in advance. I'll have a couple of weekends free which is when I plan to go to Machu Picchu and probably the Sacred Valley. Do you think I need to book entrance and train tickets in advance or can I organize it when I get to Cusco? Ideally would prefer to wait till I get there in case I want to change things around. Thanks!

more
    • Rental car

Puno Mar 21, 2014 at 1:09 PM

Hi

does anybody know if there is a rental car station in Puno or Juliaca? I cannot find anyone...

Thanks for helping!

Veronika

more
    • photographic gear

Machu Picchu Mar 27, 2014 at 1:07 AM

I am wondering if a tripod is permitted inside the ruins and if it is necessary. We intend going first thing in the morning. Thank you in anticipation.

more
    • machu picchu without tour guide?

Cuzco Apr 15, 2014 at 1:05 PM

can someone tell me when is the cut off date to go to machu picchu without a tour guide?
      thanks

more
    • stamporama's Profile Photo

Museum recommendation

Lima Apr 5, 2014 at 2:29 AM

We'll be in Lima on a 12-hour layover and we plan to go around on our own. I've read that there a lot of museums in town but if we had time to visit just one, which would it be?

Thanks for any replies.

more

Popular Departamento de Piura Travel Answer Locations

• Bus?

Piura Oct 3, 2008 at 9:17 AM

HI
      I'm going to Piura next summer and just wondered if you know of any bus companies I could contact?? I'm not a keen on air plane travel at the best of times and as the flight from lima to piura is known to be turbulent I'd rather take the bus, but don't seem to be able to find any bus companies. If you know of any I'd appreciate it if you could let me know.
      Thanks a lot and kind regards,
      Verena.

3 Answers Oct 9, 2008 at 7:51 AM
    • anamorgan's Profile Photo

Cooking, Surfing, or Dancing

Máncora Mar 31, 2008 at 9:01 PM

I am going to be in Mancora in a few weeks and was wondering if anyone had any good recommendations for cooking, surfing, or dancing classes! Thanks!
      Morgan

• Looking for Trekking Partner

Piura Jun 17, 2006 at 3:50 PM

Hey, I m travelling alone in Peru right now, and have been told about an amazing 5 day trek east of Piura, that goes along the Royal Inca Highway... its not recommended to do solo, so if your in the area, and are interested, let me know... and we can meet up.
      cheers

• Prinsalsita's Profile Photo

Need info in transportation to and from Mancora, Peru

Máncora Dec 20, 2004 at 3:10 PM

I am going to Mancora for New Year 2005 from Lima (only 3 days) and would like to take ck the cheapest and most effective way to go there. perhaps I will fly there and return via bus or viceversa. 1) Could you please help me with bus and airplane prices on: Lima - Trujillo trujillo - Mancora Mancora- Lima I understand the airlines sell the RT tickets as 2 times the single way tickets. 2) What airport is the closest to mancora (tumbes or piura airport?) and how much does it cost the taxi from the airport to Mancora city Any info on macora prices is welcome.

6 Answers Dec 23, 2004 at 12:51 PM