Departamento de Piura

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Wine in Sacred Valley?

Urubamba Jun 24, 2014 at 6:36 PM

Can you buy wines and sprigs in Urubamba? Where? In grocery stores or liquor stores?

more
    • Wine in Sacred Valley?

Urubamba Jun 24, 2014 at 6:36 PM

Can you buy wines and sprigs in Urubamba? Where? In grocery stores or liquor stores?

more
    • Lima and surrounding in 48 hrs....:?

Lima Jul 18, 2014 at 6:22 AM

Hi, this following September I am heading to Peru and Bolivia with my 19 yo son. We are going to be some 48 hrs in Lima before we go to Ica, Cusco etc....Now, I would like to ask what to do with a teenage boy in Lima that is also not boring for me:)....We were thinking about Isla Palomino, but I have heard it is too cold at the beg. of September...Would be grateful for any tips.
      Thanks and regards
      Darko

more
    • Traysea's Profile Photo

Study Abroad

Peru Jul 9, 2014 at 7:09 PM

Hi! I bet somebody has already asked something similar to this but I'm going to ask again anyway. Next year I'm studying abroad in Lima, Peru from January-April. I have a few questions but first I'll list some information that should help with answers. I'll be living with a host family and doing quite a bit of traveling. There is a trip to Machu Piccu that I pay for beforehand and I'll be in the Amazon for a few days. I'm not sure if it makes a difference but I'll be studying at UPC and volunteering at an elementary school. Hopefully this is enough information. If not, I'd be glad to give some more!
      What would be a good minimum amount of money (USD) to bring?
      Should I just pack a little and shop for more when I get there? Should I bring my toiletries or get them there?
      I know I need an adapter but what kind should I get? I know absolutely nothing about that stuff.
      This might be a dumb question but do Peruvians dress differently than people from the US?
      Are there any places or activities that you think I need to experience while I'm in Peru?
      Any other advice is welcome and appreciated! Thank you!

more
    • Badger1492's Profile Photo

Hotel Recommendation Please: Lima, Peru: Miraflores District

Lima Jul 3, 2014 at 1:17 PM

Does anyone have a hotel recommendation based on personal experience in the past year? I am looking for something mid-priced in the Miraflores district. Nothing fancy; simple is fine; clean, secure, and relatively quiet. We will be 3 adults and need 1 or 2 rooms depending on what's available. We will be staying at the beginning of August.

Thanks for the recommenations.
      Badger

more
    • feats's Profile Photo

Peru to Bolivia

Peru Jun 29, 2014 at 8:27 AM

Any idea what a ballpark cost of a flight from Peru Into Bolivia might be? $400 or so?

more

Popular Departamento de Piura Travel Answer Locations

• Bus?

Piura Oct 3, 2008 at 9:17 AM

HI
      I'm going to Piura next summer and just wondered if you know of any bus companies I could contact?? I'm not a keen on air plane travel at the best of times and as the flight from lima to piura is known to be turbulent I'd rather take the bus, but don't seem to be able to find any bus companies. If you know of any I'd appreciate it if you could let me know.
      Thanks a lot and kind regards,
      Verena.

3 Answers Oct 9, 2008 at 7:51 AM
    • anamorgan's Profile Photo

Cooking, Surfing, or Dancing

Máncora Mar 31, 2008 at 9:01 PM

I am going to be in Mancora in a few weeks and was wondering if anyone had any good recommendations for cooking, surfing, or dancing classes! Thanks!
      Morgan

• Looking for Trekking Partner

Piura Jun 17, 2006 at 3:50 PM

Hey, I m travelling alone in Peru right now, and have been told about an amazing 5 day trek east of Piura, that goes along the Royal Inca Highway... its not recommended to do solo, so if your in the area, and are interested, let me know... and we can meet up.
      cheers

• Prinsalsita's Profile Photo

Need info in transportation to and from Mancora, Peru

Máncora Dec 20, 2004 at 3:10 PM

I am going to Mancora for New Year 2005 from Lima (only 3 days) and would like to take ck the cheapest and most effective way to go there. perhaps I will fly there and return via bus or viceversa. 1) Could you please help me with bus and airplane prices on: Lima - Trujillo trujillo - Mancora Mancora- Lima I understand the airlines sell the RT tickets as 2 times the single way tickets. 2) What airport is the closest to mancora (tumbes or piura airport?) and how much does it cost the taxi from the airport to Mancora city Any info on macora prices is welcome.

6 Answers Dec 23, 2004 at 12:51 PM