Departamento de Madre de Dios

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Wine in Sacred Valley?

Urubamba Jun 24, 2014 at 6:36 PM

Can you buy wines and sprigs in Urubamba? Where? In grocery stores or liquor stores?

more
    • Wine in Sacred Valley?

Urubamba Jun 24, 2014 at 6:36 PM

Can you buy wines and sprigs in Urubamba? Where? In grocery stores or liquor stores?

more
    • Traysea's Profile Photo

Study Abroad

Peru Jul 9, 2014 at 7:09 PM

Hi! I bet somebody has already asked something similar to this but I'm going to ask again anyway. Next year I'm studying abroad in Lima, Peru from January-April. I have a few questions but first I'll list some information that should help with answers. I'll be living with a host family and doing quite a bit of traveling. There is a trip to Machu Piccu that I pay for beforehand and I'll be in the Amazon for a few days. I'm not sure if it makes a difference but I'll be studying at UPC and volunteering at an elementary school. Hopefully this is enough information. If not, I'd be glad to give some more!
      What would be a good minimum amount of money (USD) to bring?
      Should I just pack a little and shop for more when I get there? Should I bring my toiletries or get them there?
      I know I need an adapter but what kind should I get? I know absolutely nothing about that stuff.
      This might be a dumb question but do Peruvians dress differently than people from the US?
      Are there any places or activities that you think I need to experience while I'm in Peru?
      Any other advice is welcome and appreciated! Thank you!

more
    • Badger1492's Profile Photo

Hotel Recommendation Please: Lima, Peru: Miraflores District

Lima Jul 3, 2014 at 1:17 PM

Does anyone have a hotel recommendation based on personal experience in the past year? I am looking for something mid-priced in the Miraflores district. Nothing fancy; simple is fine; clean, secure, and relatively quiet. We will be 3 adults and need 1 or 2 rooms depending on what's available. We will be staying at the beginning of August.

Thanks for the recommenations.
      Badger

more
    • feats's Profile Photo

Peru to Bolivia

Peru Jun 29, 2014 at 8:27 AM

Any idea what a ballpark cost of a flight from Peru Into Bolivia might be? $400 or so?

more
    • roamer61's Profile Photo

Safety and Security

Lima Jun 17, 2014 at 7:08 AM

I was wondering if Lima is safe to tour on ones own or is it advisable to either hire out a guide or to go with a tour group. I am thinking about 2-3 days before moving on to my next locale.

more

Popular Departamento de Madre de Dios Travel Answer Locations

• Yellow fever vaccination

Puerto Maldonado May 30, 2013 at 1:40 PM

I wrote a letter to a jungle lodge and asked what yellow fever vaccination requirement there, the answer was it is not required but recommended. Have you visited Puerto Maldonado recently? Please share your experience. Any problem to reenter US if without yellow fever vaccination card?

3 Answers Jun 18, 2013 at 10:21 AM
    • AndyA52's Profile Photo

MALARIA AND OTHER SICK THINGS

Puerto Maldonado Nov 7, 2012 at 12:28 PM

hay do i need to take malaria pills and such before i go??
      if so how do i get them ?

4 Answers Nov 8, 2012 at 4:37 AM
    • swdke's Profile Photo

Puerto Maldonado and finding an Amazon tour?

Puerto Maldonado Dec 20, 2011 at 10:29 AM

Where can I find a 2 day tour or itinerary for an amazon visit from Puerto Maldonado. What is recommended to see and do, or not to miss, when visiting this area? Thank you.

• megaloch's Profile Photo

traveling by river from Puerto Maldonado

Puerto Maldonado Jan 3, 2010 at 2:52 PM

I was figuring on taking a bus down from Cuzco to P.M. and then after my visit, continue on to possibly Iñapari which I believe is now paved up to Manaus along Rio Negro. What are the preferred alternatives to traveling by land and water to Manaus from Puerto Maldonado?
      Alex, still in Ottawa

• best macaw clay lick for taking photos? Blanquillo (Manu) or Heath River?

Departamento de Madre de Dios Feb 7, 2008 at 5:23 AM

Hi everyone,

I would like to visit a macaw clay lick (colpa) in Peru this year and I'm wondering which would be the best for taking photos.

I've been to the one at the Tambopata Research Center, but you're only allowed to watch from the banks opposite the clay lick (I guess about 100-120 meters away). So it's too far away to take good photos even with a big tele lens.

I heard that you can get closer at a clay lick often referred to as "Blanquillo" near the Manu Wildlife Center and at a clay lick at the Heath River. They are said to use floating blinds to bring you closer to the lick without desturbing the macaws.

Has anyone here every been to one of these clay licks? How was it with the blinds? Or does anyone know which of these 2 clay licks is better? I'm interested in any information you could give about the clay licks... Thank you very much in advance!

Best regards,
      Kiki

3 Answers Mar 7, 2008 at 3:40 AM
    • zizland's Profile Photo

amazon cruise

Puerto Maldonado Mar 24, 2007 at 8:07 PM

hello --

i'm thinking about taking my parents on an amazon cruise as part of our trip to peru. however, it seems that all the cruises are very expensive. does anyone have any suggestions/recommendations for more reasonably priced cruises?

a.

1 Answer Apr 11, 2008 at 7:58 AM
    • zizland's Profile Photo

Finding a good local tourist agent

Puerto Maldonado Mar 15, 2007 at 8:57 AM

Hello --

I'm planning a visit to the rainforest and wanted suggestions for a good local tourist agent to buy a trip from. I'd prefer to spend my money locally versus to an international agency.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

a.

4 Answers Feb 7, 2008 at 5:49 AM
    • trip to manu with manu peru tour company

Manù Feb 12, 2006 at 11:38 AM

has anyone used this company for travel to manu...would appreciate any reviews..thanks

• which part of manu

Manù Feb 8, 2006 at 12:51 PM

does anyone know the area around the manu centre run by CREES. it is 1 hour down steam from atalaya - is it good rainforest area, or is it necessary to go further down river to get the real manu experience?

1 Answer Mar 4, 2007 at 8:13 AM
    • Rafting on Puerto Maldonado

Puerto Maldonado Jul 18, 2005 at 7:16 AM

Hi,

Does anyone recommed a company for rafting near Puerto Maldonado?

Any help is appreciated!!

1 Answer Jul 18, 2005 at 7:27 AM