change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• stamporama's Profile Photo

Museum recommendation

Lima Apr 5, 2014 at 2:29 AM

We'll be in Lima on a 12-hour layover and we plan to go around on our own. I've read that there a lot of museums in town but if we had time to visit just one, which would it be?

Thanks for any replies.

more
    • stamporama's Profile Photo

Museum recommendation

Lima Apr 5, 2014 at 2:29 AM

We'll be in Lima on a 12-hour layover and we plan to go around on our own. I've read that there a lot of museums in town but if we had time to visit just one, which would it be?

Thanks for any replies.

8 Answers Apr 9, 2014 at 6:46 PM
    • COMO VIAJO---SILVIA

Miraflores Feb 8, 2014 at 3:15 PM

QUE BUS DEBOTOMAR DESDE MIRAFLORES EN LARCOMAR HACIA PUNTA HERMOSA A LA PLAYA ELSILENCIO

2 Answers Feb 9, 2014 at 5:02 AM
    • hawkhead's Profile Photo

San Pedro Church

Lima Jan 13, 2014 at 10:19 AM

Does anyone know FOR CERTAIN the opening hours of the San Pedro Church in the Centro Historico? I don't mean obtaining the info off the internet 'cos all sites give different hours - hence my question of knowing FOR CERTAIN.

1 Answer Jan 13, 2014 at 10:50 AM
    • Tour Operator

Lima Jan 8, 2014 at 6:24 AM

Anyone heard or used a tour operator named Kapachi Peru - any recommendations, looking at joining a small group tour to Machu Picchu, but can not seem to find any information except their web site. Its all an unknown to us and Peru is a long way from Australia to get there and find out its not a registered or recommended operator. Any input would be appreciated.
      Thank you

16 Answers Mar 20, 2014 at 3:29 PM
    • Hours of operation

Pachacamac Dec 22, 2013 at 11:37 AM

When does it open and closed and which days?

2 Answers Dec 22, 2013 at 2:30 PM
    • Car(van) with driver rental

Lima Dec 6, 2013 at 7:01 AM

Where can we find a rental car with driver for four Ukrainians on February 23 and February 24 for trip to Nazca.
      Please post price, references if possible, to otaran@ua.fm

7 Answers Dec 24, 2013 at 6:05 AM
    • Safety in Miraflores...

Lima Nov 1, 2013 at 5:33 PM

I am wondering, although I have heard how safe it is in Miraflores, if it truly is advisable to not use my DSLR camera openly while walking around this district. I really would like to be able to take decent pictures of the views, etc. I do have a little pocket point and shoot that takes ok pictures...is this what I should use instead for my own safety and possibility of being robbed?

6 Answers Nov 26, 2013 at 4:31 PM
    • ladysilver2's Profile Photo

When and where

Alto Peru Oct 22, 2013 at 9:41 AM

We have a month to spend in Peru. Either April or May. We are independent travelers and prefer to go by our selves rather than tours. Although a mixture might be the answer. We like driving a rental car. I am just starting to plan this vacation and really don't know quite how to spend our month. I guess my questions are: Which month to travel, where to travel, can we use a car, which tours are necessary vs what can we do on our own???

2 Answers Oct 27, 2013 at 7:36 AM
    • Strad's Profile Photo

Get an idea about Lima

Lima May 8, 2013 at 9:29 PM

We are a couple travel to Lima in June, will rent private properties to stay. We'd just hang out in a neighborhood where it provides a lots of restaurants & cafes, also near beach. Which neighborhood should we pick? I heard about Miraflores, is that very popular?

Thanks all!

Strad

4 Answers Nov 26, 2013 at 4:44 PM
    • Indian Market

Lima Mar 19, 2013 at 8:29 AM

Does anyone know directions to the Indian Market in Miraflores from Victor Andres Belaunde 196 in San Isidro?
      I thought it may be easy and there may be a bus. I always use public transportation wherever.

Appreciate any help.

Losham

3 Answers Mar 29, 2013 at 2:34 PM
    • undecided about hotel choice

Lima Mar 10, 2013 at 2:22 PM

Any suggestions on which of the JW Marriott, Hilton or Westin is the better option in terms of proximity to entertainment, dining and shopping. They all seem to be nice properties

5 Answers Mar 16, 2013 at 10:02 AM
    • Brasa Pollo

Lima Mar 8, 2013 at 10:15 AM

Can anyone recommend a restaurant where I can get Pollo de Brasa?
      Thanks
      Losham

3 Answers Apr 22, 2013 at 1:53 PM
    • Airport Shuttle

Lima Mar 8, 2013 at 10:14 AM

I have looked at airport transfer sites and want a taxi from our hotel in San Isidro to the airport.
      Which do you think is a more reliable company to book from:
      GREEN TAXI or LIMO CABS or do you have ay others to recommend?
      Thanks
      Losham

3 Answers Jun 18, 2013 at 10:21 AM
    • Pamelita's Profile Photo

Wine bars and wine culture in Lima

Lima Mar 3, 2013 at 4:33 PM

Hello! Can anyone recommend any wine bars in Lima? I'm not looking for nightclubs or bars with DJs and a total scene; I'm looking specifically for a low-key environment where one can go to enjoy a glass of wine or two before or after dinner. Thanks in advance.

4 Answers Mar 6, 2013 at 11:32 PM
    • Hoteles en Asia

Lima Feb 14, 2013 at 5:16 AM

Hola, alguien me puede informar en qué página de internet puedo encontrar hoteles ubicados en la playa Asia. Muchas gracias. Hi, can anyone tell me where can I search hotels located in Asia beach. Thanks.

4 Answers Mar 6, 2013 at 2:01 PM
    • Tickled_Pink's Profile Photo

Where in "Minaflores should we stay?

Lima Feb 10, 2013 at 8:26 AM

We would like to explore Lima/Minaflores for about 3 days. One day will be a day trip to Nazca. WE have been told to stay in Minaflores instead of Lima to visit more sites etc.

If this is the case, where in Minaflores should we stay close to transportation and sites?

THank you.

4 Answers Jan 13, 2014 at 10:51 AM
    • Unique82's Profile Photo

machu picchu to Lima transport

Lima Jan 26, 2013 at 3:30 PM

Hi all, im travelling to machu picchu from Cusco after machu picchu i want to go to Lima but to do this bus bus or train do i have to go through Cusco again?. If not can you recommend me any bus companies? Thank you .

4 Answers Jan 27, 2013 at 3:20 PM
    • Jayy_k's Profile Photo

Advice on travel between Lima and Iquitos

Lima Jan 15, 2013 at 2:04 PM

Hi

I’m travelling to Peru, arriving in Lima at 05.30 on a Wednesday morning.

Can anyone tell me what is the likelihood of me being able to purchase a plane ticket to Iquitos upon my arrival to Lima Airport?

Also, I’m not sure of the exact date that I’ll be leaving Iquitos. How much more expensive would it be for me to purchase 2 separate one-way tickets as opposed to a single return ticket?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
      Jay

8 Answers Jan 16, 2013 at 11:19 AM
    • Tickled_Pink's Profile Photo

To stay in Lima or Mires Fores

Alto Peru Jan 8, 2013 at 1:54 PM

We will be spending 2 or 3 days in Lima. One day will be a day trip to Nazca and back. THe other one or two where should we stay? Lima or Mires Flores?

We obviously would like to tour a little, and have the conveniences of a buzzing night life. We would like picturesque also.

ALso are there any sites in these places that are a MUST VISIT? If so please offer your advice.

I look forward to hearing back from you,

1 Answer Jan 21, 2013 at 8:18 PM
    • laporte73's Profile Photo

First Trip to Peru (follow-up)

Lima Aug 12, 2012 at 12:47 PM

Kay and I want to thank everyone for responding to our original questions. Your advice, insight and the information provided is very much appreciated. Our trip is a tour that includes hotels, transportation between cities and historic sites like Machu Picchu. However, there is free time to do some exploring on our own. Again, your suggestions are appreciated for this trip and hopefully for future trips to Peru.

Dave & Kay

3 Answers Aug 12, 2012 at 7:01 PM
    • laporte73's Profile Photo

First Trip to Peru

Lima Aug 9, 2012 at 9:37 PM

In September 2012 we will take our first trip, a tour, to Peru. We will spend four nights in Lima (Hotel Antigua Miraflores), two nights in Urubamba (San Agustin Urubamba Hotel), two nights in Cuzco (San Agustin International), and two nights in Puno (Hotel Royal Inn Puno). We would appreciate any information on reasonably priced and good restaurants in the area of these hotels. Also, what mode of transportation is recommended if there is some distance to travel? Any other information or ideas for places to see would be appreciated. We want to thank everyone responding to our questions.

Dave & Kay

13 Answers Aug 18, 2012 at 7:04 AM
    • mvp2ny's Profile Photo

Sheraton Lima

Lima Jul 28, 2012 at 8:40 AM

Hi everyone,

I am visiting Lima for one night and staying at the Sheraton. I do have S20 from my last trip but don't know if that's going to be enough or I have to exchange currency at the aiport. The hotel wants to charge me30+US one way shuttle. Any info on currency exchange rates and taxi info would be useful.
      Thanks!

7 Answers Aug 18, 2012 at 11:52 PM
    • MOsterhus's Profile Photo

A "window" of time in Lima

Lima Jul 19, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Hello! A friend and I will be arriving into Lima from Cuzco around 3pm. Niether of our flights leave for the U.S. until 11:45pm that same day. So, I am wondering if we can secure our luggage somewhere at the airport (lockers?) and then head into town for a few hours via taxi or bus? Is there anything reasonably close that we could go do/explore in our tiny little window of time?

11 Answers Jul 21, 2012 at 2:46 AM
    • swdke's Profile Photo

Lima Airport: Domestic arrival to International Terminal?

Lima Apr 30, 2012 at 10:23 AM

Arriving Lima from Cusco on LAN Airlines, departing on an international flight on United Airlines from Lima to Houston. Is it easy to get from domestic arrivals to International check-in?

Becasue LAN and United are not partners, we'll have to retrieve our luggage at LIM from our LAN, Cusco flight, then go to the United check-in counter to check in for our United flight to Houston.

Is getting from the LAN domestic baggage carrousel over to International check-in with United easy to get too?

Thanks!

4 Answers Apr 30, 2012 at 2:12 PM
    • swdke's Profile Photo

Restaurants: Cash or Credit Cards?

Lima Apr 25, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Will be traveling through Paracas, Nazca, Arequipa, Colca, Puno, Cusco, Machu Picchu, will I be able to easily use credit cards, or should I plan on having cash for meals? Thanks!

4 Answers May 15, 2012 at 10:52 PM
    • swdke's Profile Photo

CRUZ DEL SUR: Cruzero Service Inquiry

Lima Apr 24, 2012 at 8:08 AM

Will be taking the bus from Lima to Paracas, to Nazca, and to Arequipa. According to our tour operator, it looks like our tickets will be Cruzero Service. I went online to the Cruz Del Sur website to see what service this is, and I could use some clarification.

It appears that the Cruzero Service is First Class service on a 2 level bus. First level states to have VIP Salon / Sofa-bed seats, second level has Bus Bed Seats.

What is a "VIP Salon," and are the "Sofa-Bed Seats" on the first level the same as the "Bus Bed seats" on the second level.

Are seats assigned?

Basically, I am just trying to get a better idea of the service we've been assigned, and what seats, or how the seating works.

Appreciate any information on what we can expect, or should be aware of.

Thank you.

13 Answers Apr 25, 2012 at 10:42 PM
    • swdke's Profile Photo

Altitude Sickness/Illness

Lima Apr 20, 2012 at 8:00 AM

I've read that some people recommend or take Diamox for help against altitude sickness. Is this a safe product? Are there any side effects or cautions against taking this medication?

Is this a recommended product and widley used?

Thanks.

15 Answers Sep 25, 2012 at 12:43 PM
    • swdke's Profile Photo

Tipping in Peru

Lima Apr 19, 2012 at 6:24 AM

We will be on an 11 day visit in Peru, traveling through Lima, Paracas, Nazca, Arequipa, Puno, Colca Canyon, Lake Titicaca, Cusco, Sacred Valley, Macu Picchu, Maras, and Chinchero.

At some destinations we'll be taking group tours, a few private tours.

What is recommended for tipping?

Tip drivers and guides? How much for each?

How much if group guided tour vs. private guided tour

Pay in Peru currency or USD?

Thanks for any help and recommendations.

3 Answers Apr 19, 2012 at 11:28 AM
    • swdke's Profile Photo

Doing Laundry?

Lima Apr 18, 2012 at 6:52 AM

Granted, the last thing I want to do while traveling is laundry, but to minimize bringing extra clothing, sometimes we have done laundry. We're on an 11 day trip through Peru, do hotels offer washing machings for guest to use, or are places for doing laundry easy to find? For people who have been to Peru, did you do laundry, or did you just back sufficient cloting? Thanks.

4 Answers Apr 18, 2012 at 11:18 AM
    • swdke's Profile Photo

How much money, Peru money, do we need to bring/buy?

Lima Apr 18, 2012 at 6:39 AM

When traveling abroad, it's always a question of how much local money we will need. After all, there is an expense in fees to buy the money, so you don't want to get more than you need, and yet, you do want to bring enough for what you need. Therefore the question is, what do I need?

Also, do I buy at home, or do I wait till I arrive and try to buy at the airport, hotel, or where ever I am able to exchange? Do I use an ATM, or bring US Dollars to exchange?

We're on an 11 day trip traveling to various destinations such as a brieft tour of Lima, and visiting Paracas, Nazca, Arequipa, Colca, Puno/Lake Titicaca, Cusco, Sacred Valley, Ollantaytambo, and Machu Picchu.

Generally, we don't buy anything to bring home, and try to use credit cards as much as possible, and local currency where credit cards are not needed or accepted.

Hoping to receive replies where people might share how much money they brought, and/or when they needed or purchased local currency while in Peru.

Where/when will I need cash, how easy is it to use credit cards? How easy is it to find and use an ATM for extra cash?

Any help and information with this concern is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

3 Answers Apr 18, 2012 at 3:08 PM