change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• M1ssL's Profile Photo

Madidi ecolodges or Coroico

Coroico Mar 22, 2014 at 3:38 PM

I want to do both places but I'm not sur if I want to do 4 days in Madidi & 1 day in Coroico or 3 days in Madidi & 2 days in Coroico... Help!

more
    • Do i have to stay

La Paz Mar 16, 2014 at 1:13 PM

Hey. I'm going to Bolivia soon and got a question.

I'm landing in La Paz and going to visit some friends in Samaipata.

I heard a lot about the altitude sickness, and wonder whether I have to stay in La Paz for a couple of days to get used to the altitude, or whether I can take a bus to Samaipata right away.

Really hope to get some advices. Thank You :)

more

Popular Departamento de La Paz Travel Answer Locations

• M1ssL's Profile Photo

Madidi ecolodges or Coroico

Coroico Mar 22, 2014 at 3:38 PM

I want to do both places but I'm not sur if I want to do 4 days in Madidi & 1 day in Coroico or 3 days in Madidi & 2 days in Coroico... Help!

• Do i have to stay

La Paz Mar 16, 2014 at 1:13 PM

Hey. I'm going to Bolivia soon and got a question.

I'm landing in La Paz and going to visit some friends in Samaipata.

I heard a lot about the altitude sickness, and wonder whether I have to stay in La Paz for a couple of days to get used to the altitude, or whether I can take a bus to Samaipata right away.

Really hope to get some advices. Thank You :)

3 Answers Mar 17, 2014 at 3:21 AM
    • Flights from La Paz to Buenos Aires

La Paz Jan 14, 2014 at 8:30 AM

Hi
      What airlines fly from la paz to buenos aires
      Are there any direct flights?
      Thanks

2 Answers Jan 14, 2014 at 11:45 AM
    • how to get to Lake Titicaca

La Paz Dec 4, 2013 at 4:16 AM

I am arriving at Lake Titicaca at 3AM on Saturday morning and would like to visit the lake on the same day. Is it realistic to get on a bus to Copacabana right away and make it on a boat from there? Ideally, I would like to get on an over-night bus to Sucre that night. Please advise how best to plan the day - should I book a (most likely expensive) tour or can I do it on spot?

11 Answers Dec 7, 2013 at 8:25 AM
    • Unique82's Profile Photo

uyuni to la paz

La Paz Feb 2, 2013 at 5:48 AM

Hi guys does anyone know if there is daily transport from uyuni to la paz?. If so how long does the journey take? Thanks

1 Answer Feb 16, 2013 at 7:29 AM
    • milliturtle's Profile Photo

Amaszonas Flight to Uyuni

La Paz Sep 7, 2012 at 10:12 AM

Hi, I'm trying to book a one-way ticket from La Paz to Uyuni on Amaszonas. When I get to the fares page, I see that there is the "Y" class fares and the "B" class fares available to me. The "B" fares are 20% off and are supposedly available to foreign or Bolivian, so that pretty much covers everybody. Do you know if there any other restrictions for these fares? If I book the "B" fare and I found out somehow I didn't qualify, will they just charge me the difference?

Also, I read that I have to confirm the flight at least 24 hours prior to departure. Will I be required to confirm by phone? If so, do you know if they have English speaking staff who can help me confirm my flight? I see that they have web check-in for flights leaving La Paz and I can check in up to 72 hours prior. Can I assume that if I do web-check in, I have also confirmed the flight?

On the airline itself, are they usually on time? And are departure times posted now more like guidelines than actual departure time?

One last unrelated question. I am going to cross to Chile by land and I heard that the customs check your bags quite seriously. Do you know where I can find out what I can bring from Bolivia to Chile? My friend and I might want to get some Bolivian coffee beans to take home, but if it's going to be a problem, we'll not bother buying them.

Thanks.

• 5 Days in La Paz

La Paz Nov 21, 2011 at 6:06 AM

Hi there
      I have 5 days to get from La Paz back to Peru. Really want to visit Salt Flats and looking for other recommendations. Have also considerd flying back but not sure which airport from as salt Flats are 400k away? Can anyone recommend a 5 day itinerary?
      Any advice gratefully recieved.
      Thanks
      Steve

3 Answers Nov 21, 2011 at 1:50 PM
    • philack's Profile Photo

Any Good tour company??

La Paz Feb 11, 2011 at 7:22 AM

Hi! mates and I have just arrived to la paz and have been extensively shopping around but none of the companies we visited seems serious or reliable, anybody pls. who had a good experience with a tour company and can recommend it? tx.
      Fred

3 Answers Aug 20, 2012 at 12:47 PM
    • Traveling from La Paz to Corioco

La Paz Dec 29, 2010 at 3:45 PM

Is it easy to hire a car/driver to do the Unga Road dropping us in Corioco? Any suggestions for a place to stay.
      Then would like to arrange transportation to Copacabana. How long would this take?

How long is the bus ride then to Puno?? 6 hours??

Thanks!!

2 Answers Feb 27, 2011 at 8:10 AM
    • andrew.rowe86's Profile Photo

Cochabamba to La Paz?

La Paz Nov 20, 2010 at 12:26 AM

Hey all I want to go from Rio to La Paz and think cheapest way and best way without traveling for tooo many days will be to fly to Cochabamba and then bus to La Paz.

How do I book a bus from Cochabamba to La Paz? Do I book on the day? and where from? or can I book on the net?

How much does it cost?

3 Answers Nov 25, 2010 at 1:55 AM
    • help with itinerary

La Paz Feb 24, 2010 at 12:39 PM

Hi there, please could anyone recommend some places to go, where to stay in Bolivia, a stressful few months have meant I am flying to Lima in 2 weeks, with not a scooby doo of what to do or see in Peru or Bolivia, my only knowledge being that for the month I am there it is likely that MP is closed!
      Love to visit jungles, homestays etc
      Thanks CC

6 Answers Oct 21, 2010 at 1:04 PM
    • ruebezahl1945's Profile Photo

Visiting La Paz Bolivia

La Paz Feb 16, 2010 at 2:16 PM

I have been in Peru in 2008 and discovered Lake Titicaca from Puno.
      Now I would like to go to La Paz for, say a week and do sightseeing including Lake Titicaca from the Bolivian Side.
      I am 65 years old ign good shape and want to take some local tours etc
      Any advice would be much appreciated.

3 Answers Sep 2, 2010 at 11:56 AM
    • Volunteer in La Paz

La Paz Sep 13, 2009 at 12:18 PM

I will be in La Paz in February and March, and I am looking for any good volunteer opportunities. Preferably free or cheaper, and working with kids since I am going to be a physical education teacher. I'm open to any suggestions though, and I would like to do it for about 1 month.

Thanks,

Ben

3 Answers Jul 13, 2010 at 9:54 AM
    • ojosverde21's Profile Photo

Apartment rental La Paz

La Paz Aug 20, 2009 at 9:25 PM

Hi:
      I am a Canadian woman who wishes to stay in La Paz for the month of December...and travel around Bolivia. Is La Paz a better place to stay in order to do this...Does anyone know of any good, clean inexpensive rentals?
      Thanks

I'd like to travel to Argentia from Bolivia for the month of January...any good airlines to consider? How are prices?

4 Answers Sep 2, 2010 at 12:22 PM
    • Marka Pampa

Isla del Sol Aug 16, 2009 at 1:55 PM

Has anyone any information on the ability to dive at Marka Pampa??

4 Answers Aug 20, 2009 at 9:03 AM
    • Kindra's Profile Photo

One day tour from La Paz of Lake Titicaca and environs- operators?

La Paz Nov 9, 2008 at 5:12 AM

Hi there,

I have a limited time in La Paz and want to make the most of it. My first day there I will use to explore the city, markets, sights and the next day, would like to do a day trip to Lake Titicaca and some islands, then back to LP and fly out the next day. I have done some research in this forum and inquired with Zig Zag who appears to have a good option for a day but quote150 for me (by myself or100 per person) since the trip is private tour only. Does anyone else know of a good operator that also does a day trip from La Paz and back to the Titicaca region? (and that is more economic?) Thanks!

6 Answers Sep 2, 2010 at 2:01 PM
    • nagoli's Profile Photo

football in bolivia

La Paz Sep 15, 2008 at 2:02 PM

hola..can anyone tell me when starts the national championship in bolivia,and give me informations for the best fans?thank you.we are going to make a trip in bolivia and without a football match we can't live..
      vamos aris vamos campeon..vamos the strongest..vamos natso garsia

2 Answers Sep 16, 2008 at 5:21 PM
    • Dobrodruh's Profile Photo

Tuichi (Madidi) 10 days rafting need buddies

La Paz Aug 12, 2008 at 4:36 PM

We are planning to participate (form a new group) for 10 days rafting trip through Madidi NP (just 400 USD). The tour operator is Deep-rainforests from La Paz. We need at least another 3-4 people, tough and adventures enough to go through the virgin rainforest. The trip should start on Wednesday 20th August from La Paz. Leave please a message here or leave a note in Hospedaje Las Brujas in Illampu calle 398 La PAz.

Gejza from SLovakia

• Gedevede's Profile Photo

Essential La Paz

La Paz Mar 11, 2008 at 6:45 AM

I'm spending most of my trip in Peru but will end up in La Paz for about a day and a half. I'd like to see the Moon Valley and the Witches Market, any other 'must sees' that I could cram in ?

Cheers

Gary

2 Answers Mar 11, 2008 at 8:40 PM
    • Bike Ride

La Paz Jan 12, 2008 at 9:50 AM

How far is valley of the moon from La Paz and can you ride/rent mountain bikes or quad bikes near the valley and ride around?

3 Answers Feb 2, 2008 at 8:14 AM
    • Flight from London to... La Paz? Lima?

Departamento de La Paz Nov 8, 2007 at 2:38 PM

I'm going to be flying from London with the intent to eventually end up in La Paz, but I've heard that flying to Lima and then bussing to La Paz is the cheaper way to go. What is the *least expensive* way I can get from London to Bolivia? I should mention that I am the kind of traveller who can endure any condition of train, plane or automobile for any amount of time. Money is of the essence in this situation. Any and all help is *greatly* appreciated. Thanks!

-Danny

4 Answers Nov 12, 2007 at 8:28 AM
    • Take care - border at Desaguadero between Peru/Bolivia still closed!

La Paz Oct 31, 2007 at 8:34 AM

I just had a very long trip from Cusco to La Paz because I didn´t know the road at the Bolivian side of the border in Desaguadero was closed..!
      From Puno to Desaguadero takes 2 hours, and from there only another to La Paz.
      Now I´ve learnt that from Puno to Copacabana takes 3 hours, and from Copacabana to La Paz about 3,5!

I do have to add that it´s annoying me because I´m only on a quick round trip to La Paz and back, but for travelers I do recommend going via Copacabana because it is muuuch prettier and has way more services than Desaguadero.

1 Answer Nov 11, 2007 at 4:20 PM
    • visa requirements and booked departure flights

La Paz Oct 2, 2007 at 3:49 AM

Hello everyone,

I know there have been many postings about visa requirements for Bolivia and Peru. I will be flying into La Paz and then travelling overland into and through Peru and eventually flying to Quito and then out of South America. Will both Bolivia and Peru immigration be happy at the fact that I have an international flight booked out of Equador but not booked flights out of their countries?

2 Answers Feb 1, 2010 at 6:46 PM
    • Are you in La Paz on October 21- Nov. 3??

La Paz Sep 11, 2007 at 10:30 AM

Hey all,
      I am finally returning to my beloved La Paz on Oct. 21 (after a very long time). I have family there so they will be helping me tour around. If you are there, you are more than welcome to join us rather than hire expensive guides and you would get a local feel to it.
      Our itinerary so far includes:
      Tiwanaku (1 day); Sorata (2 days); Copacabana (3 days); Coroico (2 days or 3 days). I will spend a bunch of time in La Paz as well especially for TODOS SANTOS.
      If you are interested in meeting up, email me at forbes19(at)gmail(dot)com.
      About me: I'm 24 yrs old, male living in the US for 15 years. My sister (26 yrs old) is coming along, she's from Washington DC. For more about me, go to: amnestyusa.org/Board_of_Dire...

• Approx how much time on a bus between La Paz Bolivia and Arequipa, and/or Ica?

La Paz Aug 16, 2007 at 9:36 AM

My son is in Peru. He left La paz, Bolivia on a bus on Tuesday. When would he have arrived in arequipa and/or Ica? Thanks!

1 Answer Aug 17, 2007 at 7:58 AM
    • df53's Profile Photo

Tour Operators

La Paz Aug 15, 2007 at 2:09 AM

I am trying to book a tour of Lake Titicaca from La Paz to Puno. Have tried emailing the likes of Transturin and Crillon but it seems that they dont want my business as they never reply to my emails! Can anyone recommend a tour company who can do something like that?

many thanks
      David

1 Answer Aug 19, 2007 at 11:05 AM
    • Climbing partners interested in Huayna Potosi & Illimani?

La Paz Aug 7, 2007 at 12:42 AM

Hello, my friend and I will be in Bolivia until September, and we were wondering if anyone out there is willing to team up with us to climb Huayna Potosi (6100m) and Illimani (6400m). I have climbed Huayna Potosi before, and while it was tough, anyone in good shape should be able to do it. Prices are much lower for larger groups, and the agency provides more guides as well. More guides means more chances to summit, as anyone who drops out due to altitude sickness or exhaustion needs a guide to take them back down the mountain. The rates for a single person are160, but a group of three or more means the rates drop to130 for a three day trip. This includes equipement rental, all you need is your sleeping bag and clothes.

1 Answer Aug 25, 2007 at 11:56 PM
    • roryobrien's Profile Photo

Rents in La Paz

La Paz Jul 25, 2007 at 9:07 PM

I was wondering what prices are currently for a decent 2 bed apartment ni a decent neighbourhood?

1 Answer Jul 25, 2007 at 11:24 PM
    • Visa Requirements

La Paz Jul 15, 2007 at 5:54 AM

We are going to be travelling around South America and will be arriving in Arica and then will then be travelling to La Paz (perhaps via tacna) to Manu Picchu and then onto Lima.

What is the best way to handle getting passport stamped should we visit embassy before we leave each city or are there border controls where we can get our passport stamped?

Thanks to everyone

2 Answers Jul 15, 2007 at 9:08 AM
    • jbilocca's Profile Photo

Peru-Bolivia

Copacabana Jun 17, 2007 at 8:14 AM

My wife and I are going to Peru and Boliva for one moneth in September, starting from Boliva, La Paz. Does anyone have any recommendations on the best places to visit in both countries? We will be backpacking, like camping, want to see rivers and beautiful sceneries, relax and enjoy the holiday. Prefarably without pre booking. Is it possible to do something similar to the inca trail to machu picchu without prebooking?

any suggestions and tips are welcome.

thanks
      Jesmar

9 Answers Jul 16, 2007 at 1:43 PM