Departamento de La Libertad

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Wine in Sacred Valley?

Urubamba Jun 24, 2014 at 6:36 PM

Can you buy wines and sprigs in Urubamba? Where? In grocery stores or liquor stores?

more
    • Wine in Sacred Valley?

Urubamba Jun 24, 2014 at 6:36 PM

Can you buy wines and sprigs in Urubamba? Where? In grocery stores or liquor stores?

more
    • Traysea's Profile Photo

Study Abroad

Peru Jul 9, 2014 at 7:09 PM

Hi! I bet somebody has already asked something similar to this but I'm going to ask again anyway. Next year I'm studying abroad in Lima, Peru from January-April. I have a few questions but first I'll list some information that should help with answers. I'll be living with a host family and doing quite a bit of traveling. There is a trip to Machu Piccu that I pay for beforehand and I'll be in the Amazon for a few days. I'm not sure if it makes a difference but I'll be studying at UPC and volunteering at an elementary school. Hopefully this is enough information. If not, I'd be glad to give some more!
      What would be a good minimum amount of money (USD) to bring?
      Should I just pack a little and shop for more when I get there? Should I bring my toiletries or get them there?
      I know I need an adapter but what kind should I get? I know absolutely nothing about that stuff.
      This might be a dumb question but do Peruvians dress differently than people from the US?
      Are there any places or activities that you think I need to experience while I'm in Peru?
      Any other advice is welcome and appreciated! Thank you!

more
    • Badger1492's Profile Photo

Hotel Recommendation Please: Lima, Peru: Miraflores District

Lima Jul 3, 2014 at 1:17 PM

Does anyone have a hotel recommendation based on personal experience in the past year? I am looking for something mid-priced in the Miraflores district. Nothing fancy; simple is fine; clean, secure, and relatively quiet. We will be 3 adults and need 1 or 2 rooms depending on what's available. We will be staying at the beginning of August.

Thanks for the recommenations.
      Badger

more
    • feats's Profile Photo

Peru to Bolivia

Peru Jun 29, 2014 at 8:27 AM

Any idea what a ballpark cost of a flight from Peru Into Bolivia might be? $400 or so?

more
    • roamer61's Profile Photo

Safety and Security

Lima Jun 17, 2014 at 7:08 AM

I was wondering if Lima is safe to tour on ones own or is it advisable to either hire out a guide or to go with a tour group. I am thinking about 2-3 days before moving on to my next locale.

more

Popular Departamento de La Libertad Travel Answer Locations

• Salaverry Disembarkation

Trujillo May 13, 2014 at 5:53 AM

Would anyone familiar with the port of Salaverry and the disembarkation process know about times to exit ships. I am arriving on Zaandam at 5am on Oct 21. Assuming we do dock at 5am would it be reasonable to be able to catch a flight from the airport at 8am. I think if I can get off the ship no later than 6:30 I should be able to do it. Any ideas or advice please.

1 Answer May 13, 2014 at 6:10 AM
    • CommandZed's Profile Photo

Inexpensive lodging recommendations in Trujillo

Trujillo Apr 28, 2011 at 5:40 PM

Hello — I am looking for some lodging recommendations for Trujillo, late August.

I'm not a fan of hostels, but hoping to find relatively inexpensive accommodations that provide privacy and a good, central location. Character and charm are big bonuses!

On a related note, I'm considering the same search for a night or two in Huanchaco — any beachside recommendations?

3 Answers May 2, 2011 at 3:57 PM
    • Weaving in Trujillo?

Trujillo Mar 19, 2011 at 1:23 PM

I know Trujillo is not a mecca for textiles, but does anyone know if there are weaving workshops or demonstrations in or near the city?

2 Answers Mar 19, 2011 at 1:46 PM
    • Art/Craft Supply store in Trujillo, Peru

Trujillo Jan 17, 2011 at 9:39 AM

I'm wondering if anyone knows of any crafts/art supply stores in Trujillo, Peru. I'm thinking of a Michael's or JoAnn's but I'm not sure if those even exist in Peru. Maybe just a fabric store? Any help would be much appreciated! I already looked at Plaza Vea and didn't find what I wanted.
      Thanks!

1 Answer Feb 10, 2013 at 4:12 PM
    • isa1167's Profile Photo

BACKPACKER HOSTEL IN TRUJILLO.???

Trujillo Jan 16, 2009 at 9:33 AM

Hey everyone!Need a cheap,clean and safe hostel in Trujillo near the plaza. Any suggestions?? I'd really appreciate your help...Need info. ASAP,please!!

Hola a todos!Necesito un hostal barato,limpio y seguro en Trujillo cerca a la plaza. Sugerencias?? Agradecería su ayuda ASAP porfa!!

Cuídense,
      Isa

2 Answers Jan 16, 2009 at 10:08 AM
    • halfromnm's Profile Photo

Wheelchair accessible travel?

Trujillo Sep 16, 2007 at 11:41 AM

Greetings! My wife and I will be visiting Peru in early October. The complicating issue is my confinement to a wheelchair since having two major sugeries last year. I will be taking a small folding tavel wheelchair. Will it be possible to hire taxis to drive us btween cities? Are there any wheelchair accessible hotels and restaurants? We have engaged a tour company to show us Machu Picchu and Cuzco, then heat up the Noth coast to Chiclayo, Trujillo, and Sechin. We'd also like to see Chavin de Huantar, but can only afford a couple of days of expensive tour travel and have used those up on MP and Cuzco. Any advice would be appreciated!

Thank you!

2 Answers Dec 27, 2007 at 3:55 PM
    • RileyPowell's Profile Photo

Tren de la Sierra

Trujillo Sep 29, 2005 at 12:57 PM

Has anyone ridden this train from Lima to Huancayo? It is called the world's highest railway line and the article stated that there is bottled oxygen available on board for low landers like myself so that we won't suffer altitude sickness. The highest point is at 4,829 meters above sea level. I plan to visit an internet sweetheart in Trujillo in December and am tempted to take this ride. The ride sounds scarier than the most advanced roller coaster.

3 Answers Oct 18, 2005 at 8:07 PM
    • Flight(s) from Trujillo to Iquitos

Trujillo Jul 13, 2005 at 7:26 AM

Are there flights from Trujillo to Iquitos? (or do we need to go back to Lima to get to Iquitos)?

All your help is appreciated!

1 Answer Jul 14, 2005 at 4:10 PM
    • Can I come to Peru and not go up?

Trujillo Feb 6, 2004 at 9:00 PM

We have won the airfare to Peru and I'm not much for mountains and such. Is it nice to go northwards from Lima? What would be a good tour? Thanks Kally

11 Answers Feb 18, 2004 at 5:19 PM