Departamento de Izabal

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• accommodation in Guatemala

Guatemala Apr 2, 2014 at 11:38 AM

Now I am on to accommodation in Guatemala, it is our honeymoon, so we don't want to necessary stay at the shared dorms at the youth hostels, but equally we have 5 weeks and cant afford luxurious accommodation every night. Any accommodation where is worth staying? any recent gems that you discovered? we are planning to travel around Guatemala and we love nature and adventures, we love to be off the bitten track as well as in quirky artistic places, we dislike crowds and things over the top! Recommendations would be appreciated.
      We have tried websites but everything seems so expensive, especially when in euros or pounds, is it going to be cheaper to look for accommodation over there? this is something that we would usually do... but would be good to know what sort of prices we need to be prepared for. thank you

more
    • tourist visa

Guatemala Mar 25, 2014 at 11:40 AM

Pls I need assistance in securing a tourist visq from guatemala, we do not have the embassy in nigeria, I have contacted the embassies close by, they seem to say it will be easier if it can be processed from the home country

more
    • Resort in Guatemala

Guatemala City Mar 24, 2014 at 9:19 AM

How do i buy a resort in Guatemala?

more
    • what is the best way of travelling in guatemala

Guatemala Apr 1, 2014 at 2:58 PM

with my husband we are traveling to Guatemala for 5 weeks. can you please advice what is a good and adventurous but on a budget way of traveling across this beautiful country? we like our independence and seeing less touristy places. is renting a camper van a popular thing to do?

more

Popular Departamento de Izabal Travel Answer Locations

• Can we take a water taxi OUT of Puerto Barrios North, NOT to Livingston?

Puerto Barrios Oct 8, 2013 at 9:58 AM

We have been traveling for many weeks and are tired of taking buses, we would like to take boats back up the coast to catch our fight from Cancun. I cannot find any information on boats out of Puerto Barrios. Ideally we would like to go to Placencia from Puerto Barrios....Any information could be useful, thank you!

3 Answers Oct 11, 2013 at 8:09 AM
    • MartaSoul's Profile Photo

Garifuna festival

Lívingston Nov 9, 2011 at 12:25 PM

Dear Tourist friends,

Can you help me....what the days in 2011 The Garifuna festival in Livingston?

Thanks for your help.
      Marta

2 Answers Nov 10, 2011 at 11:34 PM
    • traveling in guatamala

Puerto Barrios Dec 19, 2006 at 1:34 PM

Is there a airline that flys from Guatamala City to Puerto Barrios? If so has anyone had an experience usinfg this airline? I know they have a airport listed as PBR but havenot been able to find connections

2 Answers Dec 19, 2006 at 9:15 PM
    • solskinsglad's Profile Photo

Visa for Guatemala / sea routes Belize-Guatemala

Puerto Barrios Jul 21, 2006 at 10:21 AM

Will I get a new visa for Guatemala if I enter by boat from Belize? And which sea routes exist between Guatemala and Belize.

1 Answer Jul 21, 2006 at 11:02 AM
    • solskinsglad's Profile Photo

From El Estor to Antigua/Guatemala City

El Estor Apr 2, 2006 at 1:19 PM

Can anyone tell me how to get from El Estor (Izabel) to Guatemala City or, even better, to Antigua. Price? Time?

Thanks

1 Answer Apr 11, 2006 at 12:53 PM
    • Strange request - Looking for some help.

Puerto Santo Tomás de Castilla Feb 16, 2006 at 7:19 AM

I recently finished a cruise and Santo Tomas was one on the ports. At the port, there is a shopping building with about 100 vendors booths, music and a stage with band. I purchased a bag of coffee from a vendor and would like to buy more. It's the best coffee I've ever tasted!!

If anyone is going to the port, all I'm asking it if you can get me the company's information so I can buy it from the states. The coffee is in a RED bag and called Gold Mountain. Her booth is towards the front and located on the LEFT side as you walk in.

It's a strange request but I do appreciate your help. Please email me at disco121@yahoo.com

5 Answers May 9, 2006 at 5:10 PM
    • iluvtrvl's Profile Photo

Santo Tomas de Castilla - Tell me about this place

Puerto Santo Tomás de Castilla Jan 22, 2005 at 3:15 PM

My husband and I will be taking a cruise, with Santo Tomas de Castilla, Guatemala as a port of call. The cruise line has a little information about the area, but I am finding it difficult to find information about the area on the internet. Can anyone give me information about this area? History, what not to miss, what to skip, what to avoid, and what to be careful of? Any tips will be appreciated.

7 Answers Jun 17, 2006 at 3:34 PM
    • Belize to Guatemala

Puerto Barrios Sep 16, 2003 at 2:29 PM

We are thinking of traveling around Belize and Guatemala for 2 weeks in Nov. 2004. Never been there so need help with traveling from Belize to whatever we should see. We love to Snorkel. What are must see places and what is the best mode of transportation , rental car or busses. Any help is appreciated. Sue

1 Answer Jul 21, 2006 at 11:05 AM
    • how long from puerto barrios to flores by bus

Puerto Barrios Jul 12, 2003 at 7:35 PM

or from rio dulce to flores.? any tips?

2 Answers Jul 15, 2003 at 10:39 AM