Departamento de Islas de la Bahía

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Bringing cheese into

Roatán Town Mar 22, 2014 at 3:59 AM

Flying from states, can I bring cheese , vacuum sealed into the country?

2 Answers Mar 23, 2014 at 12:57 PM
    • Anti malaria pills

Isla de Roatán Feb 20, 2014 at 1:27 PM

Going to Roatan Island next week . Any advice ? Should e take anti malaria pills?

Thanks

2 Answers Feb 20, 2014 at 3:09 PM
    • Dune Buggy tours

Isla de Roatán Feb 13, 2014 at 7:41 PM

I am bringing my family via cruise ship in march 16,16, 14,12 years old...wanting to do dune buggy tours any suggestions/help?

3 Answers Feb 14, 2014 at 7:03 AM
    • SINGLE MOTHER'S INDUSTRIES

Isla de Roatán Feb 11, 2014 at 11:39 AM

I BOUGHT A BEAUTIFUL HANDBAG MADE OF POP TOPS IN ONE OF THE BOOTHS IN THE BACK LEFT CORNER OF THE CRUISE SHIP TERMINAL "FLEA MARKET"
      I WOULD LOVE THE NAME AND CONTACT INFO ABOUT THIS PLACE.
      THANKS.
      PS I WOULD ALSO LIKE INFO ABOUT THE HONEY/COCOA NUT PERSONS.

• location to French Habor

Roatán Town Jan 26, 2014 at 12:41 PM

Where is Caribe Point located?

2 Answers Jan 26, 2014 at 1:06 PM
    • 8 hours in Roaton

Isla de Roatán Jan 1, 2014 at 5:22 AM

Our cruise ship ports for only 8 hours in Roaton. We were thinking of hiring a taxi for the four of us; is this the best way to see what we want? What is the average cost per person for a day? Any great reefs to snorkel from the shoreline? Local fare we need to purchase to take home like dark chocolate, vanilla, etc? Are the ruins worth spending our time on or is it pretty much like all the others we've seen? Thanks so much for the advice!!! :)

2 Answers Jan 1, 2014 at 7:46 AM
    • the_dutchman's Profile Photo

Advise on the Honduras

Isla de Roatán Dec 9, 2013 at 11:01 PM

Now it's the_dutchman's turn to ask for some advise. My wife and I will be in the Honduras from the 10th of January till the 6th of Feb. 2014. We have laid out our itinerary for that time and have booked hotels in Tegucigalpa, San Pedro Sula, Tela, LaCeiba and Roatan. Having traveled extensively to 75 countries throughout the world I am still cautious when we go somewhere. Any advice as to the dangers of the Honduras, how about bus travel, local or long distance. Any other advise you may be able to offer will be appreciated.

Gerry, the_dutchman P.S. We have been to the Copan ruins

2 Answers Apr 1, 2014 at 12:42 PM
    • car on ferry

Isla de Roatán Dec 2, 2013 at 3:30 PM

How much from la cabia to rotain with car

• How to get to Roatan from Nicaragua

Roatán Town Nov 25, 2013 at 12:33 PM

Hi,

Me and my friends want to visit Roatan in december. I would like to know what the best way is to travel from Managua to Roatan.

We are taking the Tica bus from Managua to Tegucigalpa or to San Pedro Sula. Therefrom we want to take a bus to La Ceiba. Whats the best en quickest way?? .

Kind regards

1 Answer Feb 17, 2014 at 6:38 AM
    • JocelynAguilar's Profile Photo

Cruising; one day at the island

Isla de Roatán Oct 1, 2013 at 9:29 PM

Hi, Im taking a cruise and I will be like 8 hrs in Mahogany Bay. Have you been there? I like cultural spots, like small towns, museums, etc. Is the town close to the port? Do I have to take a taxi, is there public transportation? I like budget stuff. Please give me recommendations. Thank you!

9 Answers Oct 12, 2013 at 5:32 PM
    • Need a power cord for a MacBook computer

Isla de Roatán Oct 1, 2013 at 6:28 PM

My daughter forgot her power cord to her MacBook computer, is there anywhere on the island near the cruise ship port that she can buy a power cord??? She is on a Carnival Cruise.

1 Answer Oct 1, 2013 at 8:06 PM
    • South Shore vs West End

Isla de Roatán Apr 9, 2013 at 12:54 PM

Hello, what is the diving like in the South Shore vs the West End of Roatan?

2 Answers Oct 8, 2013 at 1:47 AM
    • habitual_wanderer's Profile Photo

Avoiding cruise ship crowds and traveler's e-coli?

Isla de Roatán Jan 28, 2013 at 1:14 PM

Hi there,
      I tend to be more of a backpacker traveler and like to stay away from resorts, cruise docks, etc. I know I'm a tourist just the same but I like to get the most unique perspective out of my travels rather than being surrounded by what I am trying to get away from... if that makes any sense. A friend and I will be meeting up on Roatan Island at the end of February - beginning of March. Are there any areas we should avoid? Also, how easy is it to hire a boat to travel to the other islands? I've read that they can be more remote.
      Lastly, what is the deal with the water, I haven't found any big warnings about staying away from the drinking water. Mostly just warnings about sand flies. I've had traveler's e-coli before so just trying to find out if there are any drinks/foods I should avoid.

Thanks for any help!

Andrea

1 Answer Oct 8, 2013 at 1:49 AM
    • Saar123's Profile Photo

From Roatan to Utila

Isla de Roatán Mar 5, 2012 at 7:04 AM

Hi,

How easy is it to get from Roatan to Utila?

Thanks!!

2 Answers Mar 18, 2012 at 3:14 PM
    • helloloolie's Profile Photo

Post Office in Roatan?

Isla de Roatán Nov 16, 2011 at 8:04 PM

Hello! We will be visiting Roatan for the day on a cruise and I'd love to find some postcards to mail to friends from Roatan. Does anyone know where the post office is and if I will be able to purchase postcards or beautiful stamps there? If so, does anyone know the hours of operation of the post office? Thanks so much!

3 Answers Nov 18, 2011 at 6:04 AM
    • Deep Sea Submarine - 1 person needed

Isla de Roatán Jul 15, 2011 at 9:49 AM

Hi everyone,

My name is Alex, from London, England. Around late July, my girlfriend Abby and I are going on a 3 1/2 hour, 2000ft dive with the Roatan Institute of Deep Sea Exploration (http://www.stanleysubmarines.com/) in a deep sea submergible.
      Located off the coast of Roatan Island (Bay Islands, Honduras) and one of only 3 places in the world which allows the public to dive in a submergible, this company takes you by far the deepest of all three.

We are incredibly excited about it, but the price we´re paying for all passengers is1600 total - a little expensive. However, Karl, the owner of the company, says that although it´s designed for 2 passengers, he often takes down 3 people who want to share the costs, making it only533 each.

The only limit is the weight limit of 440lb. Abby and I weigh in at 286lb, leaving around 154lb (or 70kg) space for another person.

Our dates are fairly flexible (around late July) so if you can come down to the island, and would like to join us, I think it´s going to be absolutely spectacular. And in case you´re worried, Karl is recommended by Lonely Planet, has made more than 1,500 dives and has recently taken down the President and Vice President of Honduras.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Alex and Abby

• lpitta's Profile Photo

Cheapest way to reach Roatan from Europe

Isla de Roatán Apr 21, 2011 at 5:59 PM

Hello friends,

I need to reach Roatan from Lisbon, Portugal.
      What air companies flies to Roatan?

Should I go to SAP instead and then by land+boat to Roatan?

I found Lisbon - Miami and then spirit airlines from Fort Laudardale to SAP with a good price. Any more ideas, please?

Great travels,
      LP

2 Answers Apr 22, 2011 at 10:35 AM
    • Traveling with a Baby--but Not a Car Seat

Isla de Roatán Mar 8, 2011 at 9:13 AM

We will be on Roatan for a cruise ship stop in April 2011. Are there good beaches within walking distance from the Coxen Hole port? Is there transportation other than cars to the West End beaches? We would like to not have to take our car seat with us.

Thank you!

1 Answer Mar 28, 2011 at 5:53 AM
    • Foundryman1's Profile Photo

Considering a trip to Roatan....

Isla de Roatán Feb 27, 2011 at 5:29 PM

OK..Whats the scoop on getting to and from the resort area around Roatan? Which airport should I use and what form of local transport will I need to get to and from the ocean?How long a drive is it and how are the roads.Is there a domestic airline doing local flights?-Thanks

4 Answers Mar 29, 2011 at 12:07 PM
    • shark dive

Isla de Roatán Feb 2, 2011 at 11:53 AM

when you are diving with sharks are you in a cage??

5 Answers Oct 8, 2013 at 1:48 AM
    • Pronunciation

Isla de Roatán Nov 18, 2010 at 4:31 AM

Exactly how do you pronounce Roatan? Ro -tan or Ro-a-tan? or ...?

2 Answers Nov 20, 2010 at 11:23 AM
    • lojoblais's Profile Photo

needed supplies

Isla de Roatán Aug 18, 2010 at 8:19 AM

I will be in Roatan next week. I have heard that med & school supplies are sorely needed in Honduras, & would like to take some stuff w/ me. Any suggestions on what to bring? And to whom should I give them?

4 Answers Jan 13, 2011 at 11:01 AM
    • Need Help w/off the beaten track

Isla de Roatán Jul 15, 2010 at 4:20 PM

My boss and her family are stopping in Roatan . . .on their cruise ship. I've searched all the websites . . . what I need help with is . . they really want off the beaten path to hire a driver for a day. I'm looking at West End Beach and Gumbalimba park (kids under the age of 12) and a terrific restaurant . . perhaps if you also know a great driver who can meet them at the dock. Thanks so much for ANY imput.

1 Answer Sep 2, 2010 at 6:52 PM

shots? malaria pills?

Isla de Roatán Jul 11, 2010 at 8:56 PM

If we are planning to stay on Roatan, do we need any shots? What about malaria pills? I do think we'll want to day trip to see the Mayan ruins & rainforest, so ........
      This winter I spent a day on Roatan, & a day cave trekking in Belize. No prob either place. Was I just lucky? Is it worse in the summer?

3 Answers Mar 31, 2011 at 9:43 AM

topless beaches

Isla de Roatán Jul 4, 2010 at 12:09 PM

Thanks to everyone for all your advice.
      One more question: are any of the beaches around Ambegris Caye clothing optional or topless allowed?

• Spooked by Malaria Help?

Isla de Roatán Mar 9, 2010 at 2:37 AM

Travelling on a cruise ship and we are in Roatan just for the day. Looked on the travel advice website and got a bit spooked by the high risk of Malaria.
      Do we need to take Malaria tablets? Can anyone please reassure or advise.

Thanks,
      Tommo

6 Answers Mar 28, 2011 at 6:10 AM
    • ruebezahl1945's Profile Photo

Our first Trip to Roatan

Isla de Roatán Feb 15, 2010 at 8:04 AM

My wife and I are planning to go to Roatan from March 1-8 2010. We live in Toronto and were wondering about drinking water and food safety as well as any other health concerns rgarding the Honduras

4 Answers Jun 20, 2010 at 2:10 PM
    • Coming via private aircraft for 2 days...recommendations without reservations

Isla de Roatán Jun 10, 2009 at 12:12 PM

My dad and myself are coming in via private aircraft. We do not know what day or when.

Is it easy to clear customs / immigration in Roatan?

Is it easy to get a taxi?

We do not have hotel reservations...is that okay? Where should we have the taxi driver take us?

Any general suggestions? We are not diving and will probably be relatively tired. This is our first trip to Roatan.

2 Answers Mar 28, 2011 at 6:19 AM
    • andreav8's Profile Photo

West Bay Beach vs. West End?

Isla de Roatán Mar 11, 2009 at 8:21 PM

I'm looking at booking a room in May. Which is the better area to stay - West Bay Beach or West End?

3 Answers Dec 28, 2009 at 8:03 PM
    • katvg's Profile Photo

Where does the ship dock & any dive suggestions?

Isla de Roatán Mar 1, 2009 at 1:33 PM

I'm taking a cruise that stops in Roatan. I am wondering where on the island do the ships usually dock? I'm trying to find a dive operator nearby, wanted to avoid the cruise line's shore excursion diving... anyone have suggestions for a local dive operator?

Thanks for your help!

1 Answer Mar 1, 2009 at 2:54 PM