Departamento de Ica

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Wine in Sacred Valley?

Urubamba Jun 24, 2014 at 6:36 PM

Can you buy wines and sprigs in Urubamba? Where? In grocery stores or liquor stores?

more
    • Wine in Sacred Valley?

Urubamba Jun 24, 2014 at 6:36 PM

Can you buy wines and sprigs in Urubamba? Where? In grocery stores or liquor stores?

more
    • Lima and surrounding in 48 hrs....:?

Lima Jul 18, 2014 at 6:22 AM

Hi, this following September I am heading to Peru and Bolivia with my 19 yo son. We are going to be some 48 hrs in Lima before we go to Ica, Cusco etc....Now, I would like to ask what to do with a teenage boy in Lima that is also not boring for me:)....We were thinking about Isla Palomino, but I have heard it is too cold at the beg. of September...Would be grateful for any tips.
      Thanks and regards
      Darko

more
    • Traysea's Profile Photo

Study Abroad

Peru Jul 9, 2014 at 7:09 PM

Hi! I bet somebody has already asked something similar to this but I'm going to ask again anyway. Next year I'm studying abroad in Lima, Peru from January-April. I have a few questions but first I'll list some information that should help with answers. I'll be living with a host family and doing quite a bit of traveling. There is a trip to Machu Piccu that I pay for beforehand and I'll be in the Amazon for a few days. I'm not sure if it makes a difference but I'll be studying at UPC and volunteering at an elementary school. Hopefully this is enough information. If not, I'd be glad to give some more!
      What would be a good minimum amount of money (USD) to bring?
      Should I just pack a little and shop for more when I get there? Should I bring my toiletries or get them there?
      I know I need an adapter but what kind should I get? I know absolutely nothing about that stuff.
      This might be a dumb question but do Peruvians dress differently than people from the US?
      Are there any places or activities that you think I need to experience while I'm in Peru?
      Any other advice is welcome and appreciated! Thank you!

more
    • Badger1492's Profile Photo

Hotel Recommendation Please: Lima, Peru: Miraflores District

Lima Jul 3, 2014 at 1:17 PM

Does anyone have a hotel recommendation based on personal experience in the past year? I am looking for something mid-priced in the Miraflores district. Nothing fancy; simple is fine; clean, secure, and relatively quiet. We will be 3 adults and need 1 or 2 rooms depending on what's available. We will be staying at the beginning of August.

Thanks for the recommenations.
      Badger

more
    • feats's Profile Photo

Peru to Bolivia

Peru Jun 29, 2014 at 8:27 AM

Any idea what a ballpark cost of a flight from Peru Into Bolivia might be? $400 or so?

more
    • Hiking and camping gear shop in the city of Nazca,Peru

Nazca Sep 4, 2013 at 5:09 PM

Where can I buy a camping gas stove in the city of Nazca,Peru?

1 Answer Sep 9, 2013 at 11:20 AM
    • Good practical travel tips about life in Paracas

Paracas Aug 2, 2013 at 7:05 PM

Hi, I'm going to Paracas in August. Can anyone give me any good practical travel tips about life in Paracas?

4 Answers Feb 23, 2014 at 1:52 PM
    • terminal tepsa bus

Nazca Jun 29, 2013 at 2:18 AM

what are the possibilities for a waiting area arriving at 3.45 by tepsa bus in nazca and a flight at 8.00 over the nazca lines?

2 Answers Jul 3, 2013 at 6:33 AM
    • Paracas in July

Paracas Jun 11, 2013 at 10:16 PM

Is Paracas too cold, foggy and windy to visit in July? Is is true that the ocean is sometimes to dangerous to go and visit the Ballesta Islands? We also would like to do some Sand Buggy and Sand boarding, is it possible to do all this in July?

2 Answers Jun 25, 2013 at 11:22 AM
    • Ballestas Island & Paracas National Reserve

Paracas Oct 17, 2012 at 3:24 PM

We are hesitating if we should pre-book the tour for Ballestas Island & Paracas National Reserve before we go to Peru or should do the trip ourselves.

Somehow, we have a good search online, there aren't many tours which combine both places.

Any idea which is the best arrangement to visit both places as a day trip from Lima?

12 Answers Oct 22, 2012 at 9:28 AM
    • swdke's Profile Photo

Ballestas Islands vs.Huacachina ?

Ica Jan 10, 2012 at 9:46 AM

Some tours I am considering involve visiting Balestas Islands and Paracas reserve. Someone suggested to me, instead of visiting Ballestas Islands, to instead, have a tour of Ica and Huacachina oasis?

What do suggest and why? Thank you.

1 Answer Jan 10, 2012 at 1:42 PM
    • swdke's Profile Photo

Nazca Lines: Is Weather A Concern?

Nazca Jan 10, 2012 at 9:35 AM

I understand to view the Nazca Lines, you fly over in a plane. I know that sometimes, in general, weather can affect tours that involve flying. Is weather a concern for Nazca Lines flights? Will be traveling in early May. Is it better to take a flight in the morning, or afternoon, or does it not matter? Thanks!

3 Answers Jan 11, 2012 at 6:04 PM
    • hawkhead's Profile Photo

Ice to Ayacucho

Pisco Jan 9, 2012 at 8:38 AM

I don't have much hope of receiving a reply in this forum as even the most recent activity is some time ago. However, hope springs eternal......

How would we go from Ica to Ayacucho by bus? Would we need to change in Pisco i.e. stand and hope on the Pan Americano? Which bus companies?

Thank you.

• hawkhead's Profile Photo

Bus from Ica to Ayacucho

Ica Jan 9, 2012 at 8:37 AM

I don't have much hope of receiving a reply in this forum as even the most recent activity is some time ago. However, hope springs eternal......

How would we go from Ica to Ayacucho by bus? Would we need to change in Pisco i.e. stand and hope on the Pan Americano? Which bus companies?

Thank you.

• 9tigers's Profile Photo

from puno what is the best way to get to Nazca line?

Nazca Jun 23, 2011 at 11:17 AM

bus? I know there is no airport really at puno and I think bus is cheaper and safer, how long will it take to get there?

also what is the good company to use for flight over the nazca line?

ty
      Daisy

4 Answers Jun 23, 2011 at 12:24 PM
    • Lima - Pisco taxi

Pisco Jun 10, 2011 at 12:01 AM

Hi!
      We plan a trip to Peru in September. We are seniors and would like to avoid travelling by buses.
      Do you know how much a taxi from Lima to Pisco would cost?
      Any guesses? It's about 250 km drive.

Thanks so much!

Basia

• Flight to Nasca

Nazca Jun 3, 2011 at 11:10 PM

Hi!
      We plan a roundtrip from Lima to Nasca (landing in Nasca).
      Because the land trip is very long and tiring, we desperately look for flights.
      There are no commercial flights, chartered ones are way too expensive.
      Do you guys know any travel agancies that organize such flights?
      If not directly from Lima, maybe at least from Pisco or Ica?

Thank you for any helpful comment!

Basia

3 Answers Apr 24, 2012 at 3:35 AM
    • A Pisco desde Lima

Pisco Nov 21, 2010 at 10:11 AM

Debo ir el próximo martes 23 de noviembre a eso de las 6,60 am en direccion a Pisco para visitar Aceros Arequipa(Planta Pisco). Mi intención es regresar a Lima a mediodia.
      Quisiera conocer los horarios yy pido instrucciones para reservar pasaje

2 Answers Nov 22, 2010 at 12:41 PM
    • Lima to Huacachina

Ica Nov 7, 2009 at 5:33 PM

Where / how do we get the bus from Lima to Huacachina? Thank you

3 Answers Nov 12, 2009 at 11:53 AM
    • Can you fly from Ica to Cusco?

Ica Jan 24, 2009 at 8:59 AM

Does anyone know if you can fly from Ica to Cusco? If so, could you tell me what airline?
      Thanks

1 Answer Jan 24, 2009 at 2:39 PM
    • Things to do on 01 January in Nazca

Nazca Oct 15, 2008 at 10:37 PM

Hi everyone,

I might be in Nazca on 01 January. I found out that many tours don't run or they charge more because it is a public holiday... Therefore, I will probably do the 'regular tours' and the flight over the Lines one day later / or one day before. Is there anything to do in Nazca on 01 Jan., e.g. any markets or is it possible to get to the sand dunes, any place to swim...? I'm not a big fan of museums. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Best regards,
      Kiki

1 Answer Oct 24, 2008 at 5:39 AM
    • Safe airline for Nazca Line flight?

Nazca Aug 13, 2008 at 10:36 PM

Hi everyone,

Can anyone recommend a rather safe airline for the Nazca Lines flight? I want to fly from Nazca - just the 30-40min flight over the lines.

There have been quite a few stories about the safety of the planes for the Nazca Lines flight in the last few weeks.

I don't know whether it is true, but I heard that Aerocondor doesn't have a licence for scheduled flights anymore due to safety reasons (they are only allowed to do charter flights). The Nazca Lines flights would be charter flights but I can't reach their website anymore. As far as I know, Aerocondor was considered to be (one of the) safest airlines for the Nazca Lines flight...

Are there any news about AeroCondor? Have they given up the Nazca Lines flight?

Thanks for your replies in advance.

Kiki

4 Answers Sep 12, 2008 at 10:17 AM
    • Daytrip to Pampas Galeras Vicuna NP

Nazca Jul 9, 2008 at 3:36 AM

Hi,

I'm interested in doing a daytour from Nazca to the Pampas Galeras National Park to see the vicunas there. I only found one tour operator that offers such a daytour (www.mysteryperu.com), but they don't reply to my e-mails. Some other operators offer mountain bike tours at the Pampas Galeras, but mountain biking's not what I want.

Does anyone know of a tour operator that offers such a tour?

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,

Kiki

1 Answer Aug 1, 2008 at 6:11 AM
    • Lima to Nazca to Arequipa

Nazca Mar 31, 2008 at 5:38 PM

Hi all,

I'm planning a trip to Peru in August and I really would like to see the Nazca Lines. Ideally, I'd like to leave from Lima, see the Nazca Lines, and eventually end up in Arequipa, in around 2 days if possible. Does anybody know of tour operators who do this route, or if there's an easy way to arrange it myself?

Thanks a million!
      Becky

3 Answers Jun 15, 2008 at 11:35 PM
    • Natalllya's Profile Photo

Lima to Nasca or Cusco to Nasca

Nazca Mar 18, 2008 at 6:28 PM

Hello everyone,

I will be visiting Lima as well as Cusco. What's an easier (shorter) route, Lime to Nasca or Cusco to Nasca?

Thanks a million!

Natalia

3 Answers Mar 30, 2008 at 5:48 PM
    • Traveling from Nazca to Arequipa

Nazca Mar 8, 2008 at 8:17 PM

Hello:

I am traveling to Peru in 4/2008, and am trouble figuring the safest way to travel between Nazca to Arequipa. Does anyone know of safe and reliable lines that travel between these destinations, or recommend a town or two to stop in en route?

Thanks!

-Trish

2 Answers Mar 9, 2008 at 12:27 AM
    • Peru in April 2008, Need Tips on How to Get Flight Over Nazca Lines

Nazca Oct 28, 2007 at 6:42 AM

Hi, traveling to Peru in April 2008 and wanted to know how best to go about getting a flight over the Nazca lines. I've heard that it's best to book in advance (before leaving U.S.) but I'd like to find a reputable company either way. Have also heard that it's expensive, but it sounds worth it. Would appreciate any advice. Thanks!

7 Answers Dec 11, 2007 at 3:05 AM
    • do you just nab a driver and buggie once you get there?

Huacachina Oct 2, 2007 at 4:35 PM

yo, i am gonna try this sandboarding thing out and i was wondering if this is like most things in peru and i am going to have lots of options when it comes to who i can hire to take me out on a sandbuggy?

2 Answers Oct 23, 2007 at 11:26 AM
    • Bus Nazca - Arequipa - Puno - Cusco

Nazca Sep 24, 2007 at 1:47 PM

Which bus company is the best and safest on these route? Do you have a schedule and duration?

Are there a lot of tourist who have a problem on this route with the attitude?

1 Answer Sep 25, 2007 at 12:04 AM
    • marc611's Profile Photo

Nazca Flyover

Nazca Jul 16, 2007 at 10:27 AM

Does anyone know of a Nazca Flyover which leaves from Lima and returning to Lima without any other stops or transfers.

The closest I can find is a flight from Lima that transfers to another flight over the Nazca Lines followed by a tour and then a return flight to Lima. I would like to find a way just to make the flyover and directly back to Lima airport. Thanks for any advice.

2 Answers Jul 17, 2007 at 2:55 PM
    • endlesstrail's Profile Photo

Sandboarding in Nazca?

Nazca Mar 26, 2007 at 9:08 AM

Hello.

Is it possible to do Sand boarding in Nazca? So far, I've only read about sandboarding in Ica, although I think I've read that Nazca is very near the Cerro Blanco? Will it be too difficult for beginners?

Otherwise, is there any affordable one way "package" available which brings me from Lima to Ica for Dune buggy rides and then ends in Nazca, all in one day?

Thanks.

5 Answers Mar 30, 2007 at 10:32 PM
    • Paracas Boat Trip $$?

Paracas Nov 9, 2006 at 10:41 AM

I know this was some time ago, but do you remember how much it cost for the boat tour? I'm planning on heading down to Paracas in December.
      Cheers

• internet cafe info

Huacachina Jul 10, 2006 at 9:03 AM

I recently lost a cd that i had burned in an internet cafe in Huacachina that had all my peru pics on it,they did have the pics on their hard drive and i was looking to see if i could have them forwarded to me at daddymacjeff2002@yahoo.com,I dont think there are to many such places in Huacachina
      thanks
      jeff

• snowboarder74's Profile Photo

Casa De Arena's Contact Info?

Ica Jun 2, 2006 at 8:48 AM

Does anybody have the correct telephone number for the Casa De Arena Hostel? I have been trying to book us a room for our stay but having trouble finding their correct phone number or email. The phone#/emails I found for them on the web don't work.

Anybody who has recently stayed there might help me out with their contact information. Or even any information on how to book a room in advance would help too.

Thanks.

11 Answers Feb 9, 2008 at 6:40 PM
    • arequipa to nazca with overflight

Nazca May 12, 2006 at 5:28 PM

Can you help us? Visiting Peru in June and July 2006. Saw a Cruzdelsur tour,but it has expired, and we don't seem to be able to book any other. We want to go from Arequipa to Nazca (preferably overnight bus, stay one night in Nazca with a fly-over, and go on to Ica,or Pisco,(?) because going on to Huancayo next. Prefer not to go to Lima only to return via the same route to Huancayo. We don't mind paying for an Arequipa,Nazca,Lima tour and getting off ourselves before reaching Lima. but, all on-line tours seem to be beyond our scope. Has anyone done a similar trip? Mahlalo (Hawaiian for Thank You)

1 Answer May 12, 2006 at 9:25 PM