Departamento de Ica Travel Answers

change location

How to get from Ica to Nazca

by plugra Online Now Apr 24, 2005 at 10:25 AM

Hello, I am currently planning my trip for May 2005. Does anyone know the bus schedules to Nazca from Ica at night? We wanted to spend the day around Ica and then travel to Nazca later in the evening to then do the Nazca lines overflight the next morning. After that, it is on to Ariquipa by bus.

Any tips would be great!!

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Austinsnow's Profile Photo

RE: How to get from Ica to Nazca

by Austinsnow Online Now Apr 25, 2005 at 11:59 AM

When I went from Ica to Nazca last August, I took a collectivo minibus going that way. My taxi driver brought me to where one was loading. You can probably get a regular bus too (be less cramped, no doubt), but I don't know exact timetables. It seemed like the two cities were close enough (two hours or so) to have transport going out fairly regularly.

I left Ica in the midafternoon, so I don't know if it's harder to find a bus in the evening or night. But I'd be surprised if there was nothing available; even if there aren't formally scheduled buses, there are usually collectivos or other ways to go.

And if for some reason you stayed in Ica for a night, the next day you'd almost certainly be able to make it to Nazca and fly the lines, then leave for Arequipa that night. It's even doable all in an afternoon, if you're lucky and in a hurry (like me).

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Departamento de Ica Travel Answer Locations