Departamento de Huehuetenango

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• accommodation in Guatemala

Guatemala Apr 2, 2014 at 11:38 AM

Now I am on to accommodation in Guatemala, it is our honeymoon, so we don't want to necessary stay at the shared dorms at the youth hostels, but equally we have 5 weeks and cant afford luxurious accommodation every night. Any accommodation where is worth staying? any recent gems that you discovered? we are planning to travel around Guatemala and we love nature and adventures, we love to be off the bitten track as well as in quirky artistic places, we dislike crowds and things over the top! Recommendations would be appreciated.
      We have tried websites but everything seems so expensive, especially when in euros or pounds, is it going to be cheaper to look for accommodation over there? this is something that we would usually do... but would be good to know what sort of prices we need to be prepared for. thank you

more
    • tourist visa

Guatemala Mar 25, 2014 at 11:40 AM

Pls I need assistance in securing a tourist visq from guatemala, we do not have the embassy in nigeria, I have contacted the embassies close by, they seem to say it will be easier if it can be processed from the home country

more
    • Resort in Guatemala

Guatemala City Mar 24, 2014 at 9:19 AM

How do i buy a resort in Guatemala?

more
    • what is the best way of travelling in guatemala

Guatemala Apr 1, 2014 at 2:58 PM

with my husband we are traveling to Guatemala for 5 weeks. can you please advice what is a good and adventurous but on a budget way of traveling across this beautiful country? we like our independence and seeing less touristy places. is renting a camper van a popular thing to do?

more

Popular Departamento de Huehuetenango Travel Answer Locations

• garcom01's Profile Photo

Rio Dulce area

Río Dulce Feb 14, 2008 at 8:09 AM

Hi, again! I'm looking for the bestplace to base as I check out the Rio Dulce/Livingston area. Should I stay in R.D, or Liv? Also, can I rent a boat to take me up and down the area? I'd like to see the towns around Lake Izabal and the 7 Altares. I know it's kind of spread out, so I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thanks, Garrett

6 Answers Feb 28, 2008 at 7:39 AM
    • Trying to get from Huehue to Tikal

Departamento de Huehuetenango Jan 19, 2008 at 2:15 AM

Hi there, wondering if anyone out there has some specific details re: getting from Huehuetenango to Tikal via Coban? I hear the road offers amazing views but it seems that the bus service is rather infrequent. I can't seem to find anyone who offers this route on shuttles either...do any of you know of a company that offers shuttles along this bumpy road?
      Failing that, I will use private transfers. Any good budget-company recommendations for that? The ones I've contacted all seem VERY expensive (350.00usd).
      Lastly, has anyone done this route? I am wondering how long it will take in a shuttle or private transfer...I'm guessing about 12 hours?
      Thanks for any help.

1 Answer Jan 19, 2008 at 12:31 PM
    • How to go to El Paraiso from Lake Izabal

Río Dulce Oct 19, 2007 at 2:17 PM

Hello,

I am wondering if there is a way to go to El Paraiso and swim there during an hour or two and then go back to Lake Izabal.
      I also would like to visit Las Escobas waterfalls and the seven Altors.
      Do you know if there is a shuttle to go to those places in order to spend few time there and then come back to Lake Izabal??

Thank you very much

Camille

3 Answers Feb 28, 2008 at 7:25 AM
    • Recommended side trips while in Cabo?

Todos Santos May 14, 2004 at 11:20 AM

This May will be our 5th trip to Cabo. We are considering renting a car and exploring some of the nearby towns, especially Todos Santos. Any suggestions for where to go? Neat spots to view? Good places to eat? Thanks