Departamento de Cusco Travel Answers

change location
neilou's Profile Photo

Various questions on transportation and other topics

by neilou Online Now Oct 9, 2005 at 6:30 PM

Hello,

My fiance and I are going to Peru mid-nov to beg-dec.
Question 1: Do you think the weather will be ok?

We are planning on going to Arequipa, spend 2D/1N and head to Colca Canyon for a 2D/1N tour. We are staying at the Sonesta hotel in Arequipa and Colca lodge in Colca.
Question 2:Do you know these hotels? Are they OK?
Question 3:2 days (or exactly 1 1/2 day) in Arequipa is enough?

After that, we will arrive on time to take the train from Arequipa to Juliaca (the overnight train).
Question 4: I can't see the timetable Arequipa-Juliaca in the Perurail website... Is there a website other than perurail to check prices and time?

In Juliaca, we should arrive on time to go to our 3D/2N tour to Taquile (1N) and Suasi Island, where we will spend the night at the only hotel of the island.

At the end of our tour (we should get back to Puno around noon the third day), we would like to rent a car and go directly to Urubamba to check in the hotel Sol y Luna and spend 3D/2N there.
Question 5: Can we rent a car and is it safe to drive?
Question 6: Can we avoid spending a night in Puno (I've heard it does not worth it).

After Sacred Valley, we want to spend two days in Cusco at the Casa San blas hotel and then, on the third day, go to Machu Picchu for the 2D inca trail. But we want to stay at Machu Picchu pueblo hotel at Agua Calientes but none of the tour suggests this hotel.
Question 7: Do you know an operator which can organize that for us?
Question 8: We are not very "backpackers" and I've heard that during the 4D inca trail, you spend the nights in dorms, is that true? Can we just stay in a
tent?

Alright, I hope those are the only (or should I say all!) the questions I had.
Thanks for your precious help!

Neilou.

Quote & Answer
0 Answers
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Departamento de Cusco Travel Answer Locations