Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Popular Departamento de Cortés Travel Answer Locations

• carmen-merino's Profile Photo

Security in san Pedro de Sula

San Pedro Sula Dec 16, 2013 at 9:23 AM

Traveling alone. Staying at Intercontinental (excellent vecinity)...but hotel personnel info me I should not walk the streets at any hour during the day!! Is San Pedro de Sula that dangerous?

2 Answers Feb 2, 2014 at 6:27 PM
    • Best mode of travel from San Pedro Sula to Puerto Barrios, Guatemala

San Pedro Sula Sep 18, 2013 at 3:55 PM

I've read many accounts of people who have rented cars in Honduras and then tried to cross the border into Guatemala and ran into fees ($120/ car or $50/person) and also long delays. So, I trying to decide if I should take a taxi or figure out how to hire a car with a driver to take me into Guatemala.

If anyone have some ideas/suggestions or first-hand experience, I'd appreciate if you could share. Thanks!

• How to get from San Pedro Sula, Honduras to Cancun, Mexico.

San Pedro Sula Jul 27, 2013 at 11:01 PM

How do I get from SPS to cancun? Would anyone recommend stop in Puerto Cortes or Omoa for a little beach fun before long travel? Are there better beaches to stop at for a day or two in Belizw to make the trip more enjoyable.
      THanks

2 Answers Jul 28, 2013 at 6:13 AM
    • best transportation to La ceiba from Pedro sula airport after 7PM?

San Pedro Sula Feb 18, 2013 at 5:30 PM

We arrive i n Honduras after 6:30 PM and do no thin k we will make the 6:50 last bus departure to la cieba where we plan to spend the night. Can someone recommend a taxi service and how much should we pay? Jennifer

1 Answer Feb 21, 2013 at 11:02 PM
    • Bus ?

San Pedro Sula May 1, 2011 at 12:22 PM

My daughter needs to get from San Pedro to la Ceiba- and return to airport- her flight out is early and Hedman says they have cancelled the 5:15 a.m. bus so what are other safe bus choices- what is the road like b/w SPS and LC

4 Answers May 10, 2011 at 12:40 PM
    • Travel from Airport to Tela by bus

San Pedro Sula Aug 15, 2010 at 7:32 PM

Wondering how to travel by bus from the airport to Tela? Do I need to go into San Pedro Sula, or can I catch a local bus near the airport? Thanks.

• overnight stay in San Pedro Sula

San Pedro Sula May 30, 2010 at 3:11 PM

Hi! I am planning to go thru San pedro Sula to Belize - on July 20th; how do we get to Tamarindo Hostel from the Airport - and what is the best way to get to Belize on the bus from S.P Sula - to Belize?
      Nobody seems to know.... HELP!!!! Thanks --- Krystyna

1 Answer Jun 6, 2010 at 7:05 PM
    • Bus: tegucigalpa to la ceiba

Tegucigalpa Feb 21, 2010 at 8:23 AM

I know Hedman Alas has a direct bus, but has anyone taken the chicken buses to do the same thing for much cheaper? Any idea how long it takes to do that?

If you have info. could you please e-mail me at asdf.tobyisatcloudbridge@gmail.com

Thanks!
      Toby

3 Answers Apr 30, 2010 at 9:15 AM
    • hotel near tica bus

San Pedro Sula Jan 21, 2010 at 3:25 AM

I will be traveling from San Pedro Sula to Managua on tica bus can anyone tell me if there is a place to stay near by as the bus leaves really early.

• maggiefoss's Profile Photo

How would I get from San Pedro sula to a beautiful beach area ?

San Pedro Sula Jan 29, 2009 at 9:04 PM

Hi- my daughter and I will be volunteering at an orphange in San pedro de sula and want to take a small side trip to a beach area--does anyone have a good suggestion? We would like to stay for 1 or 2 nights? we would have to go by bus. thanks

6 Answers Jan 31, 2009 at 8:47 PM
    • a quick vacation

San Pedro Sula Nov 16, 2008 at 1:46 PM

can anyone please give me some general nfo about san pedro sula, honduras?

1 Answer Jan 30, 2009 at 3:20 AM
    • hotel michelle

Omoa Aug 11, 2007 at 7:28 AM

would anyone have a phone number or an e mail
      for hotel michele omoa and playa sunset bar omoa
      Thanks

1 Answer Aug 12, 2007 at 3:45 PM
    • personal guide

San Pedro Sula Mar 6, 2007 at 8:55 PM

Is there such a thing as a personal guide you can hire for the day I would perfer not to go in a large group but I do not speak the language and would like to hire a bi lingual guide to help with my sight seeing while visiting

• Looking for Bus Schedules

San Pedro Sula Jan 25, 2007 at 6:51 PM

I'm inquiring about buses in San Pedro Sula. I've been looking on the web for specific bus schedules and rates but having a hard time finding them. Any advice on finding one from San Pedro sula to the Copan Ruins?

1 Answer Jan 26, 2007 at 5:23 AM
    • goldminer's Profile Photo

Train from Puerto Cortes to San Pedro or Tela

San Pedro Sula Feb 5, 2006 at 8:52 PM

Can anybody tell me about the train? I've heard that it goes to both Tela and San Pedro Sula. Can anyone tell me what the fare is and what the schedule is? If anyone has traveled both routes, which is the best? Thanks, Bobby

3 Answers Feb 18, 2006 at 2:18 PM
    • La Pampa restaurant?

San Pedro Sula Oct 17, 2005 at 4:58 PM

Does anyone know anything about this place. Good, bad, average??

Thanks

• karenperrin's Profile Photo

What to do in San Pedro next week?

San Pedro Sula Jul 25, 2005 at 1:19 PM

Hi everyone, we have a slight dilema. My husband and I (from California) will be in San Pedro July 28-30 and we are looking for something fun to do other than the Mayan Ruins or the botanical gardens. Since we will be in town to attend a Saturday wedding we have a time constaint in that we have to be back in SPS by 5pm on both Friday and Saturday, so if anyone has any quick tips or suggestions let me know,I'd sure appreciate it!

Karen

1 Answer Feb 25, 2007 at 7:15 PM
    • Researching a potential move---what part of the city...

San Pedro Sula Apr 12, 2005 at 2:13 PM

I'm a recent college grad and keep hearing alot about chances to teach English in Honduras. Next week I'll have more info about this opportunity in San Pedro Sula, but I thought I could possibly get some real life info here. I saw a post from January by someone who said they were from Honduras, and this person said that the city wasn't very safe. They mentioned problems with gangs in San Pedro Sula. Of course if I'm going to teach there I'll be living there. Someone else told me that the city was reasonably safe but that you have to be careful about where you choose to live. Does anyone know if there is a part of the city that would be safe for a single American woman (who barely speaks Spanish!) to live alone, and what the cost of housing would be like there? Any reasonably accurate information would be much appreciated. Thanks!

2 Answers May 28, 2005 at 10:32 PM
    • AcornMan's Profile Photo

Flights betwen U.S. and San Pedro Sula?

San Pedro Sula Mar 3, 2005 at 10:15 AM

Does any airline fly between San Pedro Sula and any city in the U.S. other than Miami? If so, which airlines and which cities? Thanks.

6 Answers Feb 10, 2010 at 8:21 AM
    • car rental Honduras

San Pedro Sula Feb 17, 2005 at 1:40 PM

My mother and I are traveling to Honduras for the first time at the end of February. We are flying into San Pedro Sula and going directly to Lago do Yojoa to stay at a hotel off the lake. Should we rent a car or are the busses fairly easy/ reliable? We don't want to get stuck in Central Honduras miles away from the hotel. Any advice is really appreciated as well as car rental and driving experiences.

4 Answers Jan 7, 2008 at 8:05 PM
    • San Pedro Sula, Honduras ~ Trip in Dec 2004

San Pedro Sula Oct 10, 2004 at 12:57 PM

If anyone knows good places to stay, eat, shop or visit in or near San Pedro Sula we would very much appreciate your tips. Thank you.

1 Answer Oct 29, 2004 at 8:31 AM
    • Honduras to Belize by Boat

San Pedro Sula Jun 26, 2004 at 8:33 AM

How can we get from San Pedro Sula, Honduras to Belize City by boat? We want to do this in February. Are there good boats, where can I find the schedule, cost, etc.?

3 Answers Jul 13, 2004 at 12:40 PM
    • San Pedro Sula to Pico Bonito

San Pedro Sula Jun 23, 2003 at 3:31 PM

Traveling with my wife to Honduras in September. Looking for the most economical yet efficient and safe way to get to and from Pico Bonito from San Pedro Sula. I would like to either take a nice air conditioned bus or rent a car. I wonder about the ladder due to the possibility of poor highways and roads. I am bilingual so I needn't look for a specialized guide of sorts. Please give any suggestions.

4 Answers Jul 15, 2004 at 10:41 PM