Travel Answers
Departamento de Colonia

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• lovina's Profile Photo

What to do in Montevideo on a Sunday afternoon ?

Montevideo Apr 5, 2014 at 1:29 AM

First time ever in Uruguay.
      Arrival at noon from overseas flight, check in latest at 14.00 in Punta Carretas.
      Thereafter ?
      Who has good suggestions where to go and where not to go ?
      Ideally I would walk the streets to enjoy nice local atmospheres.
      Then go for a good local drink, perhaps for apéro time.
      Then for sure have a great meal in the evening in a nice local place.
      Thank you for any useful tip and wish a nice week-end to all VTs.
      Mauro

more

Popular Departamento de Colonia Travel Answer Locations

• bus service from Montevideo

Colonia del Sacramento Jan 14, 2014 at 2:39 PM

I am arriving on a cruise ship in Montevideo and would like to make a day trip to Colonia de Sacrament. How often do the buses run between the two?

1 Answer Jan 14, 2014 at 5:44 PM
    • KateJ19's Profile Photo

January 1 open?

Colonia del Sacramento Dec 29, 2013 at 5:03 AM

Is anything open on january 1? Restaurants or shops?

3 Answers Dec 29, 2013 at 10:20 AM
    • Luggage Storage

Colonia del Sacramento Oct 21, 2013 at 12:33 PM

Where can we store luggage, while touring the city of Colonia?

1 Answer Oct 21, 2013 at 1:03 PM
    • darrensunley's Profile Photo

Luggage storage

Colonia del Sacramento Jan 3, 2012 at 5:52 AM

Hi,

I am due to be travelling around South America next month and part of the itnerary means flying into Montevideo and then travelling from there to Buenos Aires via Colonia (2nd week of March).

We intend to catch the bus to Colonia and spend a few hours sightseeing, before then catching the boat the final part of the journey to B.A. However, as the 3 of us will be travelling with all of our luggage then we don't really want to have to drag it around Colonia.... does anyone know if there's a place to store luggage safely for a few hours? Alternatively, is it possible to check-in our luggage for the boat in advance of actually getting on the boat?

I've read that if you're going from B.A. to Montevideo, then you can store it for free in the bus terminal prior to catching the bus... but I hadn't managed to find anything that confirms you can do a similar thing when going in the opposite direction.

Any advice or other similar suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
      Darren

• Colonia Express ferry

Colonia del Sacramento Dec 12, 2010 at 2:26 AM

How long does it take from BsAs and what is the address of the departure terminal in BsAS ??

2 Answers Dec 12, 2010 at 9:26 AM
    • how soon to make hotel reservations?

Colonia del Sacramento Nov 29, 2010 at 11:30 AM

How soon should I make reservations for one week in Colonia del Sacramento in the middle of February?

1 Answer Nov 29, 2010 at 12:27 PM
    • I don't know the name?

Colonia del Sacramento Nov 23, 2010 at 7:32 PM

I was in BSAS 2 weeks ago and made the trip to Colonia, it was pouring rain so we ducked in a Parilla right off the little park square across from the church and just a few doors down from the antique cars. Does anyone know the name of the restaurant? I am not a drinker at all, hadn't had a drink since I was 21 , and Im 47. But had the most wonderful wine there... it was Pueblo del Sol, and it was a rose... I would like to find out how to purchase it?

• Lunch or Dinner at La Florida on a Monday?

Colonia del Sacramento Nov 17, 2010 at 12:42 AM

We would like to have a leisurely lunch at La Florida during our day trip to Colonia. Does anyone know if La Florida is open on Mondays in December? If so, what are the opening hours and should we book ahead?

Thank you!

• ESBBVI's Profile Photo

Outdoor patio furniture

Colonia del Sacramento Nov 12, 2010 at 10:45 AM

Who in colonia makes or sells outdoor wooden patio tables and chairs?

1 Answer Nov 12, 2010 at 10:58 AM
    • Visiting Colonia del Sacramento on a Tuesday

Colonia del Sacramento Nov 6, 2010 at 9:04 AM

We are planning to spend a Tuesday in mid November in Colonia before returning our rental car in Montevideo and catching our flight to Buenos Aires on Wednesday. After reading my travel books, it looks like everything is closed on Tuesdays. Will it be worth for us to go on a Tuesday? I don't think another day will be an option for us. Thanks for your help.

1 Answer Nov 6, 2010 at 9:54 AM
    • Renting a car

Colonia del Sacramento Nov 17, 2009 at 1:30 PM

What is the best way to rent a car in either Colonia or Montevideo for the weekend of new years (12/30 - 1/2)? Are there rental car companies that people can recommend? We have tried the larger names, but they are booked.
      Thanks,
      Blair

1 Answer Nov 17, 2009 at 3:41 PM
    • Need help with Buquebus

Colonia del Sacramento Sep 30, 2009 at 12:36 PM

I am trying to make reservations for 4 people to depart Colonia for BA in January 2010 and I can't go any farther than the web page after I select "outbound only". Does anyone have any information to help me complete the reservation? We have heard that due to the time of year we need to make reservations in advance. I appreciate any help you can give me. Thank you.

2 Answers Oct 10, 2009 at 10:43 AM
    • transportation to Paysandu

Colonia del Sacramento Aug 16, 2009 at 5:46 AM

I will be travelling from Buenos Aires with ferry to Colonia del Sacramento and would like to continue to Paysandu. Is direct bus or train transportation possible?

Best wishes y gracias por adelante.

Svasger

2 Answers Aug 21, 2009 at 9:15 AM
    • Transportation from Montevideo Airport to Colonia

Colonia del Sacramento Dec 28, 2008 at 5:52 PM

How do I go from the airport in Montevideo to Colonia? If by bus, how do I go from the airport to the bus station?

Como puedo ir del aeropuerto de Montevideo hasta Colonia? Veo que las unicas opciones son el autobus o alquilar un carro. Como puedo ir del aeropuerto a la estacion de autobus?

1 Answer Dec 29, 2008 at 5:01 AM
    • Transportation Colonia to Four Seasons

Colonia del Sacramento Jul 6, 2008 at 4:19 PM

We would like to arrive in Colonia and spend a few hours having lunch and seeing the town before heading to the Four Seasons. Does anyone know of transportation options for doing this on our time?

2 Answers Jul 10, 2008 at 4:58 AM
    • Trying to find phone number for an art store

Colonia del Sacramento Jan 30, 2008 at 9:41 AM

Hi All -

I was in Colonia del Sacremento last week - awesome town. I was looking through some of the stores and came upon a painting that I fell in love with. I went down the street to mull the purchase and get a drink and when I got back to the store it was closed for the afternoon and I had to catch the ferry back to Buenos Aires. I would like to call or email the store in regards to the painting but can't find it on the net. It is called Taller Acosta and is located in the Plaza Mayor. ANY help is greatly appreciated.

1 Answer Jan 31, 2008 at 5:20 AM
    • lockers for bags

Colonia del Sacramento Nov 15, 2007 at 9:18 AM

I will be traveling from BA to Colonia for a day and then taking a bus to Montevideo, does anyone know where I can store my bags for a couple of hours?
      thanks

3 Answers Nov 20, 2007 at 8:58 AM
    • carloarg02's Profile Photo

Day trip from Bs. As. - how long?

Colonia del Sacramento Sep 14, 2007 at 12:04 AM

Hi there,

I was thinking about visiting Colonia as a day trip from Buenos Aires via the "fast" Buquebus. Probably taking the 11:15AM boat and coming back on the 5:30pm boat.

Is this enough time or should I try to take the 8:45am boat to have a little more time?

Do you need to purchase the tickets in advance or do you just show up at the port?

thanks!

Carlos

3 Answers Sep 14, 2007 at 12:18 PM
    • Erikitas's Profile Photo

Direct bus from Colonia to Punta del Leste

Colonia del Sacramento Sep 4, 2007 at 7:37 PM

Hi, I'm going to Uruguay in this September and I'd like to know if there is any bus that goes direct to Punta del Leste from Colonia.

I'll be in Buenos Aires, and planning a 1-day trip to Uruguay and just want to go to Colonia and Punta del Leste, avoiding Montevideo.

I have saw in this site that they have a trip to Punta del Leste which includes bus, but I don't think they will be stoping to allow me stay for few hours in Colonia.
      coloniaexpress.com/ar/horari...

Any sugestion?

Thanks in advance!

Erika

2 Answers Sep 5, 2007 at 8:18 AM
    • recommendation on lodging?

Colonia del Sacramento Aug 23, 2007 at 7:52 PM

Has anyone ever stayed at either Posada del Virrey or Posada Plaza Mayor? My fiance and I are considering staying at one of these two hotels while in uruguay for one night on our honeymoon. Any recommendations?

1 Answer Aug 25, 2007 at 9:26 AM
    • Internationalists in Colonia

Colonia del Sacramento Apr 24, 2007 at 8:56 AM

Has anyone noticed if internationalists live in Colonia, or is it all locals? And how do they perceive Americans?

2 Answers Jun 19, 2007 at 11:58 PM
    • seeking info about Colonia

Colonia del Sacramento Apr 24, 2007 at 8:39 AM

Does anyone have a moment to tell me about Colonia and whether there are long term rentals for one person and her dog available? If so, what is the avg. cost of renting? And grocery store? I've been in Panama the past two years but am considering Uruguay. Have heard good things about it. Am American on small pension.

2 Answers Apr 26, 2007 at 2:01 PM
    • Museum Hours

Colonia del Sacramento Feb 25, 2007 at 8:31 AM

What are the hours of operation for the museums in Colonia del Sacramento? Are there any days that the attractions are closed?

2 Answers Feb 28, 2007 at 1:06 PM
    • boat to Colonia?

Colonia del Sacramento Feb 7, 2007 at 11:55 AM

Have read about the problem between Uruguay and Argentina regarding the new plant being built. We are planning to go to Colonia April 3 and wonder if the fast boat is often delayed or if it is a problem to go there. Thanks, Lynn

2 Answers Feb 8, 2007 at 3:30 AM
    • Ferrylineas schedule

Colonia del Sacramento Jan 18, 2007 at 10:07 AM

What time does the hydrofoil to Colonia leave Buenos Aires in the morning and what time does it return from Colonia to Buenos Aires in the late afternoon or evening?

1 Answer Jan 18, 2007 at 11:21 AM
    • Hydrofoil schedule

Colonia del Sacramento Jan 18, 2007 at 10:03 AM

What time does the hydrofoil to Colonia leave Buenos Aires and what time does it return from Colonia to Buenos Aires?

1 Answer Jan 18, 2007 at 10:17 AM
    • ThiagoRamos's Profile Photo

Sleep there?

Colonia del Sacramento Mar 6, 2006 at 8:00 AM

Hi!!!
      I´m planning a trip to Argentina and Uruguay on July. I´m planning to stay 3 and 1/2 days in Uruguay (1 in Colonia and the rest in Montevideo). I´ll spend the first days in Argentina, so I´m planning to take the ferry from Buenos Aires to Colonia.
      My question is: What is the best option? To sleep in Colonia 1 day or just spend the day there and go to Montevideo in the end of the day?
      Is there a place to leave my lugagge if I prefer to spend the day there and go to Montevideo on the same day?
      Thanks for helping!!!
      Regards,
      Thiago

8 Answers Mar 14, 2006 at 9:13 AM
    • SIMONERODRIGUES's Profile Photo

hooa amigos del uruguay

Colonia del Sacramento Oct 19, 2005 at 8:57 AM

Hola Uruguay...

Somos Brazileiros (31 y 32 anõs) y vamos a visitar Uruguay proximo Diciembre. Por favor, tenemos las seguintes duvidas del Colonia Del Sacramento y tambiem del Punta Del Leste:
      ? Donde quedar ? ( Hostel economico )
      ? Donde visitar? O que hacer?
      ? Cual la comida tipica? És mui caro?

Muchas Gracias !!!!

Simone Rodrigues

3 Answers Oct 22, 2005 at 1:02 PM
    • Sophie74's Profile Photo

Cost of a return trip to Colonia from BA

Colonia del Sacramento Oct 7, 2005 at 1:37 AM

Hi
      Was wanting to get to Colonia for the day and wanted to know the difference in price between the hydrofoil (1 hour) and the ferry (3 hours). InUS if possible. We only want to go for the day. Would 4 hours be enough time in Colonia? Or do we need 6?

1 Answer Oct 7, 2005 at 8:58 AM
    • Assenczo's Profile Photo

International bus to Argentina

Colonia del Sacramento Apr 29, 2005 at 4:54 PM

Hi,
      Is there an international bus link between Colonia and Posadas, Argentina? I want to avoid going to Montevideo or return to Buenos Aires on my way to Iguacu falls.
      Thanks for the replies.

2 Answers Aug 31, 2006 at 6:13 AM