Travel Answers
Departamento de Chuquisaca

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• ChioQuiroz's Profile Photo

Has aynone been in February at the salt flats?

Uyuni Dec 15, 2014 at 8:55 AM

I'm in my planning tour for SA and the best I could fit Uyuni and the the salt flat tour is beginning of February.
      I read that Jan & Feb are not the best to visit since due to weather it can get limited to the outside.
      Has anyone had any bad weather experience? how do the tour agencies usually handle the bad weather? they cancel or they just go ahead and do it?
      Thanks

more

Popular Departamento de Chuquisaca Travel Answer Locations

• Bus from Bolivia to Brazil

Sucre Mar 13, 2013 at 11:02 AM

I wonder if it's possible to go from Bolivia to Sao Paulo by bus? Or to Campo Grande.. I am in Sucre right now.

2 Answers Mar 14, 2013 at 11:47 AM
    • Unique82's Profile Photo

uyuni to La paz

Uyuni Feb 2, 2013 at 5:47 AM

Hi guys does any one know if there is daily transport from uyuni to La Paz?

2 Answers Feb 2, 2013 at 8:49 AM
    • Learning Spanish in Sucre?

Sucre Jan 5, 2013 at 3:50 PM

I plan to improve my Spanish (and do some volunteering) thrugh one of the Spanish Schools in Sucre. At present am looking at Fenix or Sucre Spanish School. Anyone got any thoughts or opinions if you have done this?
      Thanks

• StephanB's Profile Photo

How long from Sucre to Potosi, then how long to Uyuni?

Sucre Aug 5, 2007 at 4:59 AM

I'm getting used to this after some time in Colombia and Ecuador, but every person I ask in Bolivia about the time it takes to traverse these destinations in a bus gives me a different answer. I have had a travel agent tell me 30 minutes in a bus from Sucre to Potosi, and also have had my hotel tell me 3-4 hours in a bus. I'm getting the same answers about Potosi to Uyuni. Usually I ask about 5 people and average out the replies, but this is all over the place.
      Also, I think I may be able to do the Uyuni trip with my wife and daughter if we limit it to a 2 day tour. Will I still get a good taste of the region with only 2 days (1 day in, 1 day out)? Are there hostals that might have a separate room and possibly some sort of heating device?

8 Answers Sep 3, 2007 at 4:45 PM
    • To Potosi/ Taxi ou guide

Sucre Jun 20, 2004 at 11:11 AM

Could anyone help me with this? I will be landing at Sucre Airport on July 14. What should I do to find a guide or taxi to go to Potosi and maybe make a stop to the dinosaur park. All on same day? Any idea of cost? Thks Sylvain

1 Answer Jul 3, 2004 at 8:14 AM
    • what to see and do in and around Sucre?

Sucre Sep 21, 2003 at 8:05 PM

Hi all. Can anyone give me any tips on what to see or do in or around Sucre? Is it a one night only kind of place?

2 Answers Sep 21, 2005 at 6:28 AM