Departamento de Bolívar

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• inexpensive lodging

Barranquilla Apr 11, 2014 at 5:12 PM

where can we find, pension type, live in someones home, lodging?

more
    • Bogota tour

Bogotá Mar 22, 2014 at 3:23 PM

Any of you experts can figure out for me - a 4 1/2 day tour of Bogota?
      Museums, restaurants, major sights, different neighborhoods, some local shopping but not that much artesanias, Leather and some custom jewelry. Art - paintings if not expensive.
      Even a bit out of the city - if time permits.

more

Popular Departamento de Bolívar Travel Answer Locations

• Cartagena, Columbia

Cartagena Nov 15, 2013 at 11:00 AM

Coming by cruise ship in a few weeks. Is it far to walk from cruise terminal to old city?

2 Answers Nov 15, 2013 at 1:38 PM
    • Old City location

Cartagena Sep 29, 2013 at 3:31 PM

Are the Old City and I Walled City the same place? If not can you walk from one the other?

5 Answers Sep 29, 2013 at 7:42 PM
    • Looking for Apartments

Cartagena Apr 3, 2013 at 9:53 AM

I'm moving to Cartagena from Panama, and would like to know if there are rental locators
      or where to find apartments that are $600-700/month. Seems like everything is for vacation
      rentals.

I'm looking for a 1-2 bedroom, upper floor apartment, furnished, with full kitchen.
      Thanks!

1 Answer Jul 14, 2013 at 12:26 PM
    • RichardS60's Profile Photo

Transportation

Manzanillo del Mar Mar 10, 2013 at 3:21 PM

Is there private transportation from Manzanillo airport, Cuba, to Baymao, Cuba? What would the approximate cost be?

• Travel Cartagana to Caracas

Cartagena Jan 22, 2013 at 2:13 PM

Hi all,

I fly back to Europe on Sunday from Caracas. I thus need to find a means of traveling from Cartagena or maybe Santa Marta to Caracas arriving in Caracas on Sat, a day before my flight. I have posted a query similar to this in the Caracas forum as I try to build up the picture.

Flying to Caracas from Cartagena seems to involve a transfer in Bogota and isn't cost attractive. I am prepared to consider breaking the journey somewhere like Maracaibo if that will make the journey more tolerable.

I am trying to trawl the web for info that is already there. My limited Spanish isn't helping much.

Anyone with any advice on this, please feel free to fire away.

1 Answer Jan 22, 2013 at 2:16 PM
    • Bogota to Sao paulo

Bogotá Nov 29, 2012 at 5:36 AM

Hi guys,
      Would really appreciate your advice on travelling in south America. I will be landing into Santiago, Chile from sydney and flying out of Rio de Janeiro back to Ireland.

I planned on going to chile, then Argentina, Bolivia, Peru, Ecuador, Colombia and then down to Sao paulo from brazil and make my way to rio from there.

I have been looking up flights and they are pretty expensive. Just wondering if anyone would have a any advice about possibly a better route to take given my start and end points or if there was a slightly cheaper means of travel than flying.

Thanks very much for your help

2 Answers Nov 29, 2012 at 10:57 AM
    • Saar123's Profile Photo

Hotel in Cartagena, single traveller, max 70 US dollars

Cartagena Nov 11, 2012 at 11:48 AM

I am a single 35 year old female traveler and looking for a nice small hotel to stay in in Cartagena, Getsemani.
      I'm not looking for a hostel (since I am 35 :-) ), but would like a nice small hotel that is not full with honeymooners ;-).
      Max price 70 US dollars.

Thank you!!

14 Answers Nov 17, 2012 at 11:40 PM
    • latinrusso's Profile Photo

Cartagena -- solo gay traveler next week

Cartagena Oct 10, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Hi, going alone to CTG for a long weekend -- 19th to 23rd of October. Just randomely picked this place (almost) with the intent to relax by the sea and also have an interesting place to explore and go out.
      Any suggesitons are appreciated -- places to stay (hopefully close to the beach), places to visit, guides, etc.
      I am traveling on a "medium" budget, meaning 4 star hotels are good for me :).

Many thanks,
      Eugene

3 Answers Oct 11, 2012 at 6:16 PM
    • Any inexpensive (or moderate price) hotels in BocaGrande?

Cartagena Apr 6, 2012 at 4:21 PM

Any inexpensive (or moderate price) hotels in BocaGrande?

Haven't been to CTG since 2005, looking for something for a couple of weeks to a month, but want to stay within budget (i.e. moderately priced hotel,) with kitchen (stove, fridge).
      i.e. PLANNING to travel in fall this year!

Would like something closer to beach, easy walking distance.

Would like some suggestions/guidance on how to secure the room, should it be online (I somehow think that's not a good idea), etc.

Would like to know specific prices (ranges) and hotel or APARTMENTS (names/located) - if at all possible.

All info (up-to-date) would be appreciated...

Thanks!

5 Answers Aug 3, 2012 at 10:58 AM
    • artist

Cartagena Mar 4, 2012 at 10:09 AM

just wondering what are some artist and artwork that have become popular in Cartagena

2 Answers Apr 2, 2014 at 3:10 AM
    • msocolin's Profile Photo

How long to stay

Cartagena Feb 11, 2012 at 1:02 PM

Hi! Me and my wife are planning a trip to Cartagena and San Andres Island. How long should I stay in Cartagena? Are 3 days enough? What are the things I should not miss?

Is it safe to walk around during day and night with a DSLR camera?

Thanks for the info!

Regards
      Matias

2 Answers Feb 12, 2012 at 12:22 PM
    • safety and things to see

Cartagena Jan 6, 2012 at 11:08 AM

We have tickets to go to Cartagena in November 2012. Husband is a world traveler, I'm a little nervous about Columbia and this was not my first choice. Please convince me that we made the right choice!! Probably will spend a week.

5 Answers Jan 6, 2012 at 11:10 PM
    • lucyguajardo's Profile Photo

Mud Volcano Totumo Tour

Cartagena Oct 11, 2011 at 10:13 AM

Any recommendation on the cheapest tour to visit the mud volcano? Im not too interested on all the other stops they make (Manzanillo, etc) just the volcano.

Thank you in advance!

4 Answers Oct 12, 2011 at 4:13 AM
    • Beach Holiday Advice Please

Cartagena Jun 1, 2011 at 7:14 AM

Hi People

I am currently travelling South America for a year. I am trying to convince my brother and his wife to come for a holiday for 2 weeks. They are not big world travellers so it's a little out of their comfort zone. They like beach holidays where it is a bit lively. I was thinking of Cartegena or somewhere up the coast but am now having second thoughts. can any one give some advise or make any suggestions.

5 Answers Dec 30, 2011 at 12:57 PM
    • Appropriate Attire

Cartagena Oct 15, 2010 at 9:19 PM

I'm planng a visit to Cartagena on October 20, 2010 for one week. I would also like to visit Bogata. I'd like some guidance as to what type of attire is appropriate for this time of the year for general site seeing. Also, what type of clothing is acceptable for dinner in the evening (8:00-11:00 pm.

1 Answer May 27, 2011 at 10:12 AM
    • monicarc's Profile Photo

Grocery store in old town

Cartagena Oct 8, 2010 at 3:39 PM

Investigating possible trip to Cartagena and was wondering if there were any chain type of grocery stores within the old town--we would be travelling with our one year old, so we would need milk. Also, is "organic" milk sold in cartagena? Thanks

2 Answers Oct 9, 2010 at 5:17 AM
    • Guayabera

Cartagena Aug 20, 2010 at 2:21 PM

Me podría decir cual es el valor de una guayabera elegante

1 Answer May 27, 2011 at 10:04 AM
    • 1.5 weeks in Cartagena, ideas?

Cartagena Aug 10, 2010 at 12:58 PM

I'll be heading down to Columbia for 1.5 weeks next month with a friend of mine. Both of us all 26 year old males. So far...I know two things about Cartagena:

1) There is a ton of culture to be seen (museums, buildings, etc)
      2) The beaches are awful

Is this accurate? We have a 4 days in the middle of our trip and we were thinking of 3 different plans:

1)Flight to Caracas
      2)Flight to Havana
      3)Jungle excursion within Columbia or somewhere else

Thoughts on all of the above? Thank you!

22 Answers Aug 17, 2010 at 9:03 AM
    • UK Family visiting for 4 days

Cartagena Jul 22, 2010 at 2:15 PM

Hi,

We are a family of two adults and 2 children ages 14 and 10 and would like to visit Cartagena for 4 days while staying in Florida next April. Could someone recommend a suitable, safe hotel and whether Aries airline from Fort Lauderdale is reliable - looks cheapest!It would be our first time in Colombia so any tips on safety in Cartagena would also be appreciated

Many Thanks

1 Answer Jul 22, 2010 at 8:12 PM
    • Spanish in Cartagena

Cartagena Jul 17, 2010 at 7:03 PM

Dear All,

Can you please advise me on few language schools/private tutors you had good/bad experience with in Cartagena? Im thinking about spending a week there this Fall.
      Also have read few negative reviews about the homestay, pls can someone share any experience and advice,

Thanks!!
      T

• Moving to Cartagena

Cartagena Jun 9, 2010 at 10:49 AM

I will be moving to Cartagena to reside in January. I am looking for an apartment or house to rent, at least for one year. Most of the real state postings are for vacationers and not people who are looking for longer leases. Can you recommend a real state agent who can assist with this search. I will be in Cartagena the first week in August. I am looking for a place in a nice neighborhood in the price range of900-1,000 us dollars with 2-3 bedrooms and 2 baths--in case there is an agent on the forum. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
      Orlando

1 Answer Jun 9, 2010 at 12:02 PM
    • elinsweden's Profile Photo

Cartagena este verano, Any jobs? Dance jobs?

Cartagena Mar 3, 2010 at 9:15 AM

Hi!
      I am from Sweden and I have been in Cartagena before; have many lovely friends there. Was thinking on going there this summer and am curious(when I don't have so much money) if there's any possibility to get a summer job. I have taken classes in Spanish and if I am around spanish people I catch up very quickly, my English skills are good and I can speak Swedish, of course, and Finnish. Anyway, this is not a resume, just wanted to ask if there's anyone who knows who I can talk to and if there is any chance to get a dance job(I am a dancer) at a club?

Cartagena rocks!

: )

Elin

1 Answer Mar 3, 2010 at 11:47 AM
    • Are US Dollars Accepted for Museums and other Entrance Fees?

Cartagena Jan 18, 2010 at 7:35 AM

Hi,
      Wondering if I can use US Dollars for entrance fees to local museums and places of interest like San Pedro Claver church. Many thanks. JT

4 Answers Feb 4, 2010 at 9:17 AM
    • noleandsuenj's Profile Photo

Spanish Immersion

Cartagena Nov 28, 2009 at 4:44 PM

Hi, My daughters and I are going to do a four week spanish immersion this summer and were thinking about various programs in Cartagena. Any advice, we were looking at renting an apt for the month (too many of us for a home stay). Girls are age 21, 19, 17, 14. Any concerns about safety for five women traveling alone? Any neighborhoods to avoid? Any other suggestions...

We are also thinking about trying to continue on to Suriname (although travel between the two nation-states seems difficult if not impossible) or Equador. Again, any tips or suggestions. We are on a budget.

Many thanks!

15 Answers May 27, 2010 at 5:21 AM
    • christine.j's Profile Photo

ESL language tour to Nueva Lengua in Cartagena -any experience?

Cartagena Oct 30, 2009 at 2:15 AM

My daughter is thinking of spending some weeks in Cartagena, improving her Spanish. She found this program:

esl-languages.com/en/adults/...

It looks pretty good, but it's easy to look good on the web. Does anyone have any experience with ESL courses? Maybe even first-hand experience with the school in Cartagena?

3 Answers Nov 4, 2009 at 10:25 PM
    • emily_nyc's Profile Photo

Sleeping in Cartagena

Cartagena Sep 3, 2009 at 1:53 PM

Any recommendations for a safe, tranquil, comfortable and CLEAN place to stay in Cartagena? My budget is about 30,000 per night, prefer private room with bathroom. Most important: clean! Communal areas are good, and I am OK at a hostel as long as they have private rooms.

Thanks so much!

6 Answers Sep 7, 2009 at 8:31 AM
    • Need cheap accommodations quick!

Cartagena Jul 9, 2009 at 2:40 AM

I am planning to go to Cartagena to study Spanish for three weeks beginning July 20th. I paid my down payment with a company under the agreement that I they had a room available for me at the school residence. As it turns out, the school wrote back to them and said there were in fact no rooms available. The cost for the room at the school was300/U.S. for the full three weeks. I know I'm not going to find an apartment or hotel for near that cheap but so far all I can find are apartments or rooms for60/night and up. That is still a bit out of my budget for a full three weeks.

Does anyone know of where I might find a private room (shared bathroom and kitchen is ok) or an apartment for under50/night? A friend of mine has been there a few times and is telling me to book something for a few nights and then go find something cheaper once I'm there. He's certain that once I get there I won't have a problem but I'm a little skeptical. I'm really trying to salvage my trip so any leads or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

4 Answers Jul 15, 2009 at 11:51 AM
    • Scuba Diving

Cartagena Jun 22, 2009 at 6:28 PM

Is there anybody whoo can give me some good tips for diving near Cartagena
      Thanks,
      Francisoc

3 Answers Aug 27, 2009 at 4:48 PM
    • Money exchange

Cartagena May 21, 2009 at 9:47 AM

Do hotels exchange american dollors? If not where? Thank you in advance.

1 Answer Jun 1, 2009 at 2:52 PM
    • pobblepop's Profile Photo

malaria tablets

Cartagena Apr 21, 2009 at 2:47 PM

hi! im in cartagena at the moment and i am trying to find a pharmacy that sells malaria tablets as i am running out. i have been to quite a few but have had no luck. do i need to go to a doctor for a perscription or something like this?? my spanish is not great and this is probably where most of the problem lies. i have tried writing down different names of malaria tablets and bringing in packets of ones i have already (by-mycin /doxycycline)but that doesnt seem to work either. can anyone point me in the right direction please?
      cheers

4 Answers Aug 20, 2009 at 12:39 AM